sketches.

Sketch the sounds heard around you.

"Quick! Hurry! I'm excited! You're slow!" Kyo cheered, tapping at Azumi's shoulders as she groaned and stuffed her things into her school bag.

"You're never excited for school, what's happened?"

"You're not excited? You haven't seen your friends since Kamakura." He asked seriously, finally letting his hands fall to his sides.

"I had to devote the last week of summer to assignments. I'm sure my friends did the same." Azumi sighed, resting a hand on Kyo's back and pushing him to the front of the townhouse lightly.

"You actually read your literature assignment?"

"No. Kenma sent me a summary though."

"Where would you be without him?"

"I'd drop out."

• • •

After leaving her brother and making her own way to the second year's hall, Azumi felt her stomach twist with nerves. She glanced around at her classmates that stood or walked throughout the hallway, keeping her eyes trained to the floor to avoid making any unnecessary eye contact.

I hate first days.

She focused on her sandals until she entered classroom 2-3, feeling comfortable enough to look up at those in her homeroom.

Oddly enough, Haruka had not made it yet, and Kenma's desk was empty too. Azumi's face contorted with confusion as she realized she was the first of her friends to arrive, and she flinched when she looked to her desk and saw Tamaki looking outside of the window at his own.

So awkward...

She proceeded to her desk anyway, hooking her bag to the table and quickly taking a seat, facing forward stiffly as she waited for either of her friends to arrive.

"Tokiumi, hey! How was the rest of your summer?" Tamaki's cheery voice came from behind her, and she turned to see him smiling widely.

"Oh... it was nice." She responded quietly, giving him a look of confusion that he frowned at.

"Something up?"

Azumi shook her head quickly, sighing in defeat and blushing with embarrassment before continuing, "you're being super nice. I'm sort of confused."

"Confused why?"

"Well, because, you know. I was mean to you..."

"Tokiumi, it's not mean to not like someone back. And, any man that is rude after a rejection isn't a good man."

Azumi stared at him in silence, and he stared back before laughing loudly to himself.

"Seriously, Tokiumi. I'm alright, thanks for being worried though."

"Okay... well then, how did the rest of your summer go?" Azumi asked with a new sense of comfort, and Tamaki excitedly began recounting all the different activities he tried out on his time off.