games.

Anything pink, sketch it.

Azumi sat between Kuroo and Kenma awkwardly, bouncing her knees as she stared across from her unblinkingly. There was nothing to look at besides the dark windows of the train giving her a reflection of herself to stare at, but she did it anyway.

"Why are you bouncing, you good?" Kuroo asked, placing a comforting hand on Azumi's shoulder to break her attention from the window in front of them.

"Hmm? Yes! Yes, I'm good." She rambled, finding herself blushing afterward before shaking her head vigorously and refocusing her attention to the train car's floor.

Kenma sat unbothered by the mess of a girl next to him, using the time on the train to his advantage to try to beat the boss of the game he had downloaded in the beginning of the week. He and Kuroo had just finished their volleyball practice for the day, and Haruka told them to meet Azumi under the cherry blossom tree. Kuroo invited her to hang out with the two of them at either of their houses, and the girl blindly accepted believing Haruka would be joining later, but she instead sent a text to their joint group chat saying that the Yaku siblings had a dentist appointment.

So now, Azumi found herself on the train with the two childhood friends, trying desperately to distract herself from the thoughts running in her head.

I'm going to a boy's house. Sure I've been to Haruka's house, and her brother is a boy, but now I don't have Haru with me. Now it's just me... and these two boys. These two cute boys.

Ugh.

"Maybe... I'll just pretend they're my brothers." Azumi whispered to herself quietly, nodding as if she were having a conversation with the voice in her head. Kenma looked up quickly at her voice, failing to pause the game in front of him and snapping his head back down just as quickly when he felt the small vibrations of his in-game character taking damage.

"What was that?" Kuroo asked, and Azumi gasped lightly before turning her head to look at him. He had a smile on his face, and she could tell he was just faking not hearing what she had said because he was holding back laughter.

"Nothing!" She yelped, and Kuroo's laughter finally escaped. "Don't be mad at me."

"Tokiumi, grow some bigger balls! We're not gonna hurt you." Kuroo said quickly, patting her head with his hand, causing a blush to cross her face.

"I don't have balls..."

"You have honorary metaphorical balls now, okay? Flaunt them." Kuroo joked, and Azumi found herself laughing at the outrageousness of the words he had just spoken.

It was a loud and melodic laughter, one that neither of the boys had heard from her before, and she covered her face with her hands to prevent any more of it coming out. Kenma paused his game to look at her for a moment, and Kuroo looked back at him with wide eyes.

"Sorry, that was loud." She said from behind her hands, taking a deep breath in and looking back to the window casually as she dropped hands back to her lap.

"You're telling me we've spent a few months together now and this is the first time hearing you laugh like that?" Kuroo asked seriously, shaking the girl's shoulder as he spoke. "Are you telling me I'm not funny enough for that laughter all the time?"

"You're funny!" Azumi said quickly, looking back at him in confusion. "I just have a specific humor. It's dumb."

"Okay, you better not be lying to make me feel better." Kuroo trailed, raising an eyebrow at the girl and making her gulp at the scrutiny. She moved her gaze back to the window, and Kenma turned his head back down to his game. They both tuned out the rest of Kuroo's words to them.