lunches.

Anything yellow, sketch it.

"What do you think?" Haruka's voice snapped Azumi from her daydream. She shut her eyes quickly, forcing her head to turn away from the window and face the girl in the seat next to her.

"About what? Sorry.." Azumi apologized, smiling sheepishly at her friend who glared back at her.

"About your plans for this weekend." Haruka said with a monotone, frowning at Azumi as she rested her chin in her hand.

"Oh, probably the usual. I might buy some acrylic paints from Rosa's, you know, treat myself." Azumi smiled, looking dreamily into the distance as she dreamed of the expensive paint.

"No you're not! We're going to the festival!" Haruka yelled, slamming her hand on her desk and groaning. Azumi stared at her in shock, her mouth open just slightly as a blush rose to her cheeks. Now people are looking.

"What festival?" Azumi asked, and Haruka stared at her with widened eyes.

"How do you not know about the festival? It's literally the only thing people have been talking about!" Haruka yelled again, using her arms as weapons as she waved them throughout the air.

"You're the only one I talk to.." Azumi trailed, smiling innocently at her friend, who calmed down as soon as she heard the words.

"You're lucky you're so adorable." Haruka said, getting up from her seat to wrap her arms around the girl and rest her chin on her head. Azumi blushed at the affection, subconsciously taking a sniff of her friend and registering the fruity smell of her shampoo.

• • •

"What's up Tokiumi?" Azumi heard the deep voice that had become familiar to her over the past few weeks from above her. She looked up from her sketchbook, unclicking her black pen as she made eye contact with Kuroo, who stood above her.

"Oh, hi." She blushed, unintentionally scanning his body. It's an artist thing, I swear!

"Scoot over, we're joining you today." He grinned, already taking off the bag he had over his shoulder.

"Oh, okay." Azumi said quietly, shuffling to her side so the thick bottom of the tree could support another person's back besides her own. When Kuroo moved to sit beside her, she noticed Kenma had been standing behind him, with his head turned down to his PSP as usual. "Oh, hi." Azumi said when she saw him, and he glanced upward to meet her eyes.

"Hi." He spoke back softly, before pressing the start button on his portable console to pause the game. He took his bag off as well, moving to sit on the other side of the girl.

"Yay! You found Azumi's secret hiding spot." Haruka spoke loudly as she walked up to the new lunch group. She sat on the other side of Kuroo and stretched her legs out in front of her.

"It's not a hiding spot.." Azumi trailed awkwardly, looking around at all the foods everyone brought. She stared at the sketchbook in her lap, part of her itching to open it and start sketching the new works of art that sat with her. The other part of her wished she were more responsible and brought food to eat so as to not feel left out. "Can I draw you guys?" She suddenly asked, her voice quiet as she blushed with her eyes glued to the ground. Great, as soon as I make some new friends I need to be a weirdo.