endings.

Sketch new beginnings.

Azumi sat in her usual place in the bleachers, letting her pen trace what she saw with her eyes as she looked down at the volleyball club practicing their serves.

Haruka sat beside Coach Nekomata on the bench, occasionally yelling at her brother or Kuroo to bother them.

Kuroo did a good job of ignoring her taunts, sharing inside jokes with Yaku and causing them both to laugh, which made Azumi observe them with confusion from her seat so far away.

Kenma stood between Lev and Yamamoto in line, visibly cringing and sighing at the things either of the boys were saying. He sagged his shoulders in defeat whenever Kuroo called him next to serve, and Azumi laughed at his different reactions.

Does he even like volleyball?

Eventually, when they split up into two teams and began a practice match, Azumi continued to sketch as she watched Kenma send the ball to his teammates, easily securing points.

A few times, she swore she caught glimpses of eye contact with Kenma as he glanced her way after scoring a point, or when Kuroo ruffled his hair in between serves.

So cute.

• • •

"Azumi, get over here!" Haruka yelled to the girl after the practice game ended, handing a few of the boys their towels.

Azumi sighed to herself tiredly, rising from the bleachers with her sketchbook still in hand to make her way to where her friends had gathered.

I think my sketches have really improved, maybe I'll show them to them.

"Tokiumi! Did you do any more drawings of Kenma?" Kuroo asked immediately, making Azumi blush slightly.

"Um, yeah... yes."

"Why do you like drawing Kenma-san so much?" Lev piped in, patting the sweat off his forehead as he looked down at Azumi with a smile.

"Um, because he is easy to draw?" She forced out, sending an awkward smile to the group that surrounded her while her cheeks burned bright red.

"Kenma, what do you think?" Haruka asked smugly, tapping on the boy next to her until he looked up at Azumi himself.

Azumi felt her face heat up even more when she made eye contact with him again, looking down to her feet immediately after.

We don't make eye contact so close to each other anymore, this is nerve wracking.

"It feels nice being drawn." He mentioned plainly, looking at Azumi for a moment longer before turning to leave the group and get ahold of his phone.

"They're making this so difficult." Haruka sighed, and Azumi looked to her with confusion.

"What?"

"Azumi-san, will you play Minecraft with me and Kyo today?" Lev spoke up quickly, moving forward to hug the girl and wrap his arms around her head.

"Lev is taking his role very seriously. I'm proud." Kuroo smiled as he walked away alongside Haruka.

"Too bad Kenma and Azumi aren't following the script."