John

A/N - everyone needs to listen very carefully to this. As most of you know my books tend to get pretty dark and violent. I had a friend talk to me and after a lengthy discussion we came to a conclusion. I will leave a colored dot at the top of every chapter signaling certain triggers. Please be sure to remember your color and please skip if you're uncomfortable.

🔴 - blood 🟠 - sex 🟡 - fighting 🟢 - self harm 🔵 - suicide 🟣 - rape ⚫️ - abuse

These are just things that have occurred in my past books and might not even happen in this one. If I missed something please DM me. Otherwise enjoy the story.

John's POV

   My name is John Laurens. I'm your normal high school student. I'm eighteen, I play baseball and I'm gay. I'm too afraid to come out to my dad and my sister, Martha, is the only who that knows. I had a boyfriend, Francis. He was awful. He got physical with me and forced me to do things I didn't want too.
   It's been pretty tough. My dad's a lawyer and it's been pretty tough emotionally since my mom died last year. I was only seventeen. I took it the hardest. My mom was always so accepting of me and she listened to my problems. I never really got to grieve because my dad was always working to fill the...gap so I had to take my four siblings places and make dinners and help with homework. I tried to hide it but Martha heard me crying one night. She bought me all my favorite candy and sat up with me watching movies and talking all night. It was just horrible. Now that school is starting I really want to find my soulmate. I've always loved the idea of someone who was made just for me. I just want to be loved again.
   I haven't been able to hang out with Lafayette too much. He's my best friend. He's been pretty busy with some stuff at home. I really hope that this year is different.