SAT's

A/N - I WATCHED THE MOVIE THIS MORNING AND I CRIED SO MUCH *sobbing*

Alexander's POV
The End Of January

   Jamie is married! I was so fucking excited when he told me Evelyn said yes. I helped her pick out her dress and get everything together. Now they're on a small honeymoon. John and I have gotten closer (if that's even possible) and I've never loved him more. He got me a bunch of makeup and nail polish for my birthday then he took me to dinner and we...had...sex :). ANYWAY! I'm staying with the Laurens while Jamie and Evelyn are away. The school baseball season is starting soon and I can't wait to see John play. We're taking the SAT's today and I'm terrified I'll fail but John says I'll pass with flying colors. I don't think so but he believes in me and that's all I need. 

   "Nope! I'm gonna fail!" 
   "If you say 'I'm gonna fail' one more time I'll disown you." John smirked, I whined and flopped on his chest. "You're gonna make us late."
   "I love you." 
   "I love you too, baby girl." John chuckled and we got up.  We headed downstairs and I picked up Mary. 
   "Morning, John. Morning, Alex." Henry Sr. smiled. 
   "Hey, dad. Can Alex and I go out tonight." I giggled and John wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. 
   "Sure. Don't stay out too late, ok?" 
   "Ok." John hummed, kissing the side of my head. I giggled and Mary grabbed at his nose. "Bye, dad!" 
   "Have fun at school!" I buckled Mary into the truck and John helped me in. We dropped off Mary and got Starbucks before heading to school. We found out we were in the same testing room and I grinned. We sat down on the bench we always sit at and John sighed. 
   "What's wrong?" I asked.
   "I'm just...nervous."
   "Well...This is my first year of actual curriculum taught school so you should be fine." 
   "Haha." John kissed me and I giggled. "This is our futures." John hummed, I smiled and shifted. 
   "I know." 
   "Hey, there's financial aid. I'll help. We'll figure it out."
   "And thus, I die." John snorted and I kissed him as Laf frowned at me. We started laughing and the bell rang. John and I gathered our stuff and headed to our testing room. John kissed me before we entered and I sighed as I sat down. Since this was a long test I took of my prosthetic off and the teacher stared. John glared at her as she approached me and I rolled my eyes at him. 
   "Excuse me? I need you to put that back on." She stated a bit rudely, John opened his mouth and I flicked his arm. 
   "Why?" 
   "It's a distraction to the other kids in the room." 
   "Ok." 
   "Put it back on." 
   "No."
   "Excuse me?" 
   "I'm not going to sit uncomfortably for four hours just because it's 'distracting'." I made air quotes and smiled. "If it's distracting anyone then it has nothing to do with me." 
   "Put it on or I'll call the principal."
   "Do it. Call the principle. I want you to do it. In fact, I dare you to do it." John snorted and I smirked as the woman backed off. 
   "I love you." He whispered.
   "I love you too." John went to his desk and I sighed, this was gonna be interesting. 

   "How'd you think you did?" John asked as I scanned the menu. 
   "Awful." 
   "Aw. Why?" 
   "I just...I felt stupid taking it. This is the first year I've had a formal education and I just felt...alienated." I sighed, John reached across the table and took my hand. 
   "I'm sure you did well. You're so much smarted than me." 
   "Don't say that." I giggled, John smirked and leaned back. 
   "It's true. I would've failed Algebra without you." 
   "Well, glad I could be of service." 
   "I just wanna be clear. I needed help but I only asked because I wanted to spend more time together." He grinned. 
   "Smooth, Laurens." I smirked. "Very smooth." John chuckled and the waitress took our orders. I played with my ring as we talked and John noticed. 
   "What's wrong, baby?"
   "Huh?" 
   "You play with your ring when you're upset and you play with you're necklace when you're nervous." He smiled.
   "Ok, Criminal Minds." I chuckled.
   "What's bothering you, baby?" 
   "I just...I can't afford college. Financial aid isn't available to immigrants! I can't-"
   "Baby, stop. Hey!" I huffed and John smiled. "There's always scholar ships and I could help you. I'm sure Mr. Wash-"
   "No! We don't need help! We're fine." I huffed.
   "Alex...It's ok to ask for help." He smiled, I folded my arms and huffed. "That's what we do. We help each other. I asked you for help after Francis. You asked me to help you after Andre. See?" He smiled warmly, gesturing to the emerald ring on my finger. "I'm always gonna be here to help you." I smiled and sniffed. 
   "I love you, John." 
   "I know." He grinned, I chuckled and rolled my eyes. 
   "I'm serious, John!" 
   "I love you, Alex. You know that." He chuckled, I smiled and our food was served. "You are so beautiful, baby." He smirked. 
   "No! Stop that! We can't stay out late remember?" John pouted and I giggled. "Maybe this weekend." I winked, John grinned and I chuckled. "When do we get or SAT results?" I asked.
   "Uhhhhh...They said with in the week I think." 
   "Ah." A/N - We're gonna pretend it works like that. 
   "You're freaking out over nothing, baby girl."

   I took a deep breath and bit my lip. John kissed my head and pulled me into a tight hug. We're sitting on the bed in my apartment and I'm staring at the envelope in my hand. My SAT scores. "It's gonna be ok. I love you. We'll figure it out. We always do." I nodded and ripped the envelope open. I took a deep breath and pulled the papers out. I squeezed my eyes shut and John carefully plucked them from my fingers with a kiss to the temple. I played with the padlock necklace around my neck and John gasped. 
   "What!" I yelped, staring at him. 
   "Baby...You got a sixteen hundred." 
   "What?"
   "Alex...ALEXANDER HAMILTON, THAT IS A PERFECT SCORE!" I snatched the paper and filter through to see if he was lying. 
   "I got a perfect score?...I GOT A PERFECT SCORE!" I squealed, I grabbed my phone and called James. 
   "Alex? What's wrong? Are you ok?" 
   "I GOT A PERFECT SCORE ON THE SAT!"
   "Fuck! What! What'd I tell you!" James laughed as John squeezed my waist. "What did I tell you? I said you'd crush it!" 
   "I know. I should really listen to you. This is the second time-"
   "Yes, I agree. Listen to me. Evelyn says congrats, little scholar." I giggled and James chuckled. "I'll see you tomorrow night, lion."  
   "Bye, Jamie." 
   "Bye, Alex."