Alexander

A/N - *screams*

John's POV

   "D-dad?" I asked slowly, peeking into his bedroom. He was holding a picture frame and shaking a bit. "I just wanted to-"
   "You're right...I pushed to much on you and I've been distant with y'all." He wiped his eyes and huffed. "Sit down, John." I sat on the edge of the bed and he put the picture frame on the nightstand. "I loved your mom more than anything and I know she's dead, John. It hurts me too but that shouldn't be an excuse to push all of her...chores on you. It's not fair to you. I love you, John. I love all of you and I'm sorry I wasn't there but I'm here now. If you need to talk or you want to hang out with your friends I'll move my schedule." I sniffed and wiped my eyes. 
   "You're not mad at me?"
   "No...I'm sorry." I huffed and wiped my eyes.
   "I'm sorry. I didn't wanna fight. I just-...I snapped at Alex and he's mad at me, I'm mad at myself. I can't take this anymore." I started to sob and my dad pulled me into a tight hug. 
   "Who's Alex?" He asked gently, I pulled away from the hug and pushed my hair out of my face. 
   "He's a friend. A new kid." I mumbled. 
   "So...is he your boyfriend." A blush spread across my face and I looked up fast.
   "N-No. I-"
   "Why were you afraid of telling me?" I sighed and bit my lip.
   "Because...I mean-...We went to church every weekend and everyone was always homophobic and I guess-...I had friends telling me their parents disowned them because of it and I thought you...might-"
   "You're my son. If you're gay then so be it. So...is Alex your boyfriend." My dad smirked at bit and I smiled lightly. 
   "No, he's dating Andre."
   "That kid with the weird Jedi braid? Is it Jedis?" I started laughing and shrugged. 
   "I don't know but yes. That's Andre."
   "Isn't he kind of a sketchy kid?"
   "Yeah but Francis is worse." I muttered without thinking.
   "Who's Francis?"
   "Um...a friend."
   "Boyfriend?" Dad teased.
   "No...um...He-" I told him everything. All of it. The rape, the self-harm, the nudes. Every-fucking-thing I had been hiding. Dad felt guilty that it all happened cause I thought I couldn't tell him about my sexuality. I felt guilty for not telling him immediately but it's better late than never. We sat up and talked for a few more hours and I ended up nodding off while we talked. I felt my pull the blankets around me but I was too tired to go to my own bed. He kissed my head and turned off the light. 
   "Goodnight, John." 

   I yawned and huffed turning over. I sat up and frowned, finding myself in my dad's bed. I slid out of bed and poked my head into the kitchen. Mary was happily being fed by Martha and dad putting breakfast on the table. I smiled lightly and sat down in my seat. I ate my breakfast and Martha smiled at me. I finished and got dressed and grabbed my bag. "John! Have a great day at school!" Dad called as I walked out, I smiled to myself as I started the truck and started driving. That smile quickly faded as I remembered who might be waiting for me. I parked and hurried up to the library. I made sure he wasn't there before choosing a table to wait where he'd easily spot me and waited. After a few minutes of waiting I saw him enter the library and smiled a bit. He didn't even look for me. Did James not tell him? He sat on a couch and Andre started talking to his friends. I decided to try to text Alex and sighed. Alex glanced at his phone and wiped his eyes. He leaned Andre and he pushed him off. I huffed and got up, leaving the library. 
   "Hey, John!" Peggy grinned.
   "Hey, Pegs." I smiled and she frowned.
   "What's wrong?"
   "I can't win."
   "What are you talking about?"
   "Things finally get better at home and school goes to shit."
   "What's wrong?"
   "I yelled at Alex yesterday and now he won't talk to me."
   "I'm sure he'll talk to you eventually."
   "Yeah."

   I collapsed in my seat in history and Alex didn't even look up. I bit my lip and sighed. "Look, Alex. I'm really s-"

   "Save it. Andre told me what you said. Just leave me alone." 

   "What? What are you talking about?" I frowned. 

   "Leave me alone, John!" He shifted over and pulled his notebook out. I sighed and left him alone. If I've learned anything with my dad it's don't fuck anything over more than you already have. I can fix it but not right now. I don't wanna make it worse. Alex is one of my best friends and I'm not gonna ruin that.