Maybe

A/N - 🔵 just a mention sisters also ASK QUESTIONS I WANNA HEAR FROM YALL *im very bored on Coronacation help*

John's POV

   My phone is buzzing off the hook and the children are driving me insane. Henry is yelling about James taking something. James is whining about the chicken nuggets not being dinosaurs. Mary is screaming and crying and refusing her bottle. "Henry, hush! Please?" I begged, Mary started to pull my hair and I gasped. "Stop that!" James threw something at me and I dodged it. "That's enough!" I set Mary on the couch and stormed upstairs, slamming my door as tears threatened to spill. I sniffed and wiped my face. I tried to call Laf, Peggy, and Herc but none of them picked up. I put the pillow over my head and groaned. The door opened and I looked up. Martha sat on the edge of my bed and put a candy bar on my stomach.
   "Henry told me they were giving you shit." She's old enough to cuss in my book.
   "Yeah...I'm ready to kill myself."
   "No!" She smacked me and I sat up. "Dad's gonna be home soon."
   "Yeah."
   "I put Mary down for you."
   "Thanks. How long have you been home?"
   "Not too long. Just long enough to tell James off about the nuggets." I laughed and split the KitKat in half, giving her some. We chatted for a few hours and she eventually forced me to go to bed.

   "Hey, Ma. How's it going?"
   "Hi, sweetie! How was school!"
   "It was great. I met a nice girl and-" She started coughing violently and I frowned. "Ma? What's wrong?"
   "Nothing, Darling. I'm just a little sick."
   "Ok, Ma." I went on talking about my day and Ma got worse. "Are you sure you ok?"
   "I'm fine." She smiled.

   I woke up to someone shaking me and yawned. Martha smiled at me and I sat up. I glanced at the clock and gasped. "Why didn't my alarm go off!" I dove out of bed for my closet and Martha gasped.
   "John!" I looked down at the boxers I wore and glared at her.
   "You're fully dressed! This is your consequence for not waking me up."
   "I made breakfast and fed Mary. I let you sleep. Put some damn pants on for God's sake!" I rolled my eyes and tugged on a pair of jeans. "Thank you. Breakfast is on the table and you have plenty of time."
   "Thanks Mari." I threw on a shirt and headed downstairs. Dad was gone and I scarfed down my breakfast. I grabbed Mary and headed out.

   "Hey, John." Laf smiled, Alex limping up behind him. "Sorry I couldn't pick up last night. Herc and I kind of-"
   "Fucked." Alex hummed bluntly, I snorted and burst out laughing as Laf turned redder than his and Alex's hair.
   "Alex!" Laf pushes him a bit and he giggled. "We did not! We just-"
   "Made out and then-"
   "Will you shut the fuck up?"
   "We just kissed and watched a movie."
   "Really? Cause-" Laf hit Alex harder and he stumbled a bit, grabbing my arm for balance. He quickly let go and I smiled.
   "I'm with Alex on this one, Laf."
   "Ha!" Alex giggled and I grinned.
   "I hate you both."
   "What are you three talking about?" Herc hummed.
   "Nothing!" Laf gasped.
   "Sex!" Alex grinned.
   "Not you!" I glanced at Alex and smiled. "You have no filter, do you?"
   "I think I left it in Nevis." He giggled.
   "Oh right. You're an immigrant." He nodded slowly and smiled. The first bell rang and he pouted. Laf started walking to class with him and I followed since mine was in the same direction. "I'm free after school, Laf."
   "Awesome! My house video games! Alex, you're coming."
   "No! I can't go. James needs-"
   "James doesn't not need help." Laf monotoned. "You need to live a little!" Alex bit his lip and I grinned. 
   "Yeah, Alex! Live a little!"
   "I-...fine. But no running around!" Laf nodded and dropped Alex off.
   "Why do you always walk him to class?"
   "Because...dad wants me to." Lafayette was adopted by the principal of our school freshman year. We weren't really friends until my mom died.
   "Why does he limp?"
   "Because...he got in a car crash and now his knee doesn't work."
   "He's paralyzed?"
   "No! He can move his toes and everything. It just doesn't work." Laf hummed.
   "Ok."
   "Don't ask him about it. He freaks out when you bring it up."
   "Got it." I smiled, I sat down in my seat and sighed. I stared at my wrist and bit my lip, pulling out a fine tip pen. I started drawing a flower and bit my lip as I started to color it this time. I hope my soulmate appreciates it. Next to it I scribbled a small 'hi'. This is the boldest I've been but Laf found his soulmate so I'm determined to find mine. My wrist started burning a bit and I watched with hope as the word 'no' was etched into my skin. My heart sank. Did my soulmate hate me? I bit my lip and sighed. I don't already love my soulmate. I just want to find them. I'm sure they're amazing. He is amazing. I sighed and continued with my flower. When class finished I dragged myself to the next and the next.

   I fell into my seat at lunch and Alex looked up from his phone. "Are you ok?" I didn't say anything, I just handed him my sandwich and tried to smile. "Oh, that's ok. Do you wanna talk?"
   "I don't know. I just-..." I sighed heavily and Alex smiled.
   "How about we go somewhere more private?" He asked gently, I nodded and he had difficulty getting up. We walked to the courtyard and sat down on a bench in a corner. I held my head in my hands and huffed. "Are you ok?"
   "No. Henry, James, and Mary are pulling me three different directions and my dad isn't doing shit. My soulmate hates me. I just want everything to go back to normal!" I cried, trying to hide it. "I'm sorry. I'm pathetic."
   "No. It's ok to be upset. If you need help with your siblings I'd be glad to help." Alex smiled, I bit my lip and sighed.
   "That wouldn't be fair to you."
   "It's not bad to ask for help."
   "Thank you." I mumbled, Alex smiled softly and shifted.
   "I doubt your soulmate hates you."
   "How do you know that?" I sniffed.
   "You seem like a very nice person. If they hate you then there's something wrong with them."
   "What about you? Have you found your soulmate?" He shook his head.
   "I don't want too."
   "Why not?" I frowned.
   "I don't know. I just...How can you just love someone you never met?"
   "You'll fall in love with time. Like Laf and Herc." Alex smiled a bit and sighed.
   "But...what if my soulmate hates me?"
   "Oh my god. You're a hypocrite!" I chuckled, Alex shoved me and pouted. "We should probably get back to the lunch table."
   "Yeah." He got up and we started walking back. "Are you all good now?"
   "Yeah...I just...I don't know. I get a little depressed sometimes."
   "I have medication so I won't kill myself." Alex grinned, I rolled my eyes and he giggled. "You should ask your parents about it." Parents.
   "Maybe."