Not So Bad

A/N  - *screams* 

Alexander's POV

   James sat me on the bed and I wiped my eyes. "He said he didn't care." I sobbed, James sat next to me and I looked up at him. "Jamie, he said he didn't care." 
   "Who?"
   "John!" I sniffed. "Can I have a pen?" 
   "Here." James handed me a pen off the counter and I sniffed, pulling up my sleeve. I started writing and James rubbed my back. 
   'Is this real?' I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I didn't expect him to answer, he was driving after all, but I needed to know. 
   "How about some McDonalds?" James smiled and I nodded. "Ok...I'll be right back."
   "Leave it open for John." I sniffed, James nodded and left. I laid down and huffed, trying to stop crying. There was a knock on the door and I looked up. "Who is it?"
   "It's me, Alex."
   "It's open." I sniffed, John poked his head in and I sat up. 
   "Where's James?"
   "He went to get food." I sniffed, John chuckled and set my bag on the table.
   "Yes, by the way." He hummed.
   "Yes?" I frowned.
   "This is real." I grabbed his wrist and pulled up his sleeve, seeing the the words in my handwriting. I sniffed and John smiled, sitting next to me. "You ok?" 
   "Not really." I sniffed.
   "Why didn't you just tell me, Darling?" I sniffed and John wrapped an arm around me. "I wouldn't've said anything. I love you, baby." I sniffed and huffed. 
   "Please...stop saying you love me." I sniffed, looking up at him. John paused a bit and I sighed. "I just-...I can't-...Not right now." 
   "Ok. I'll stop saying it. I just want you to know that I don't care about this." John hummed, pushing my curls off my shoulder. 
   "That's nice and all but-"
   "You don't love me."
   "No, I-" 
   "It's ok, Alex. I get it."
   "No! You don't! I'm not saying I don't...love you. I-I...I don't know how I feel." I held my head in my hands and John put a hand on my back. 
   "Hey, come here." John pulled me back and we leaned against the headboard. I huffed and let John hold me. I laid my head on his chest and fished the remote out of the blankets. I turned on the tv and just let him hold me. "Just tell me how you feel." John cooed.
   "I don't know!" 
   "Hey, just calm down."
   "Please...just don't say it." I begged.
   "I won't. I promise." 
   "Thank you." 
   "Just...can I do one thing?" 
   "Sure." John turned my chin up and I looked into his eyes.
   "I love you." He whispered, pressing his lips against mine. I didn't want to push him off, I wanted more of it. Of him. I liked his touch and his lips on mine. My cheeks lit up and I pulled away. 
   "That was technically two."
   "Oh, shut up!" He chuckled, pushing me a bit. I giggled and the door opened. James smiled and handed me the food. John backed off me and I smirked at him. 
   "Oh, don't stop on my account." James grinned. "It's about damn time."
   "YOU KNEW!" I gasped.
   "Yup! And you said I can't keep secrets." 
   "John?"
   "Hm?" 
   "Move." John frowned and I crawled over him, hopping after James. He caught me when I almost fell and sat me back on the bed. "Jamie..."
   "Hm?"
   "I know you have to go back to work."
   "Well, I don't wanna leave you here."
   "I can hold my own. Besides, I have John. I can manage."
   "You're sure you're ok?"
   "Not really but-..." James smiled and kissed my head. 
   "John?" 
   "Hm?"
   "Don't let him hop and whatever you do, don't do it in our bed." James winked and I threw a pillow at him, hitting the door as he closed it behind him. 
   "Can you go get that?" John was redder than a tomato.
   "Yeah." He grabbed the pillow and I offered him some fries. He decline but stole one of my nuggets and grinned. 
   "Hey!" I whined.
   "Do you want it back?"
   "Yes."
   "Then come get it." John put the nugget between his teeth and grinned. I glared at him and pouted. 
   "You just want another kiss." I mumbled.
   "Uh huh." John grinned, leaning in. I huffed and took my bite of the nugget. John took the remaining nugget out of his mouth a kissed me quick before eating his half. He smiled and sighed. "Sorry, baby. I just can't help myself." He hummed.
   "It's ok." 
   "Seriously. Just push me off if I'm being too much." I nodded and John wrapped his arms around me. "Is this ok?"
   "Yeah...It's nice." Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.