Him

A/N - GIMME YA QUESTIONS I ONLY HAVE FIVE I WANT TEN

John's POV

   "Was that your boyfriend?" Martha teased.
   "You didn't even see him." I smirked, she giggled and started digging my draws. She pulled out all my art stuff and dumped it on the bed.
   "Draw him." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the sketchbook, opening to a fresh page. I started sketching from memory and soon there was a sketch of Alex laughing on the page. I grabbed my markers and went to work filling in the picture as Martha chatted about her day.
   "All done." I showed her and she grinned.
   "He's cute! You should tap that!"
   "I should WHAT?" I gasped, Martha laughed and I smiled.
   "Make your move."
   "He not my soulmate."
   "Did you check?"
   "No!" The only way to tell for sure if you're soulmates is to kiss. "Besides...I'm done with dating after him."
   "Aw...come on! You can't say that! He's cute! You say he's funny! Go for it."
   "He's not interested."
   "He's known you how long and he offered to babysit." She crosses her arms and I rolled my eyes.
   "He's just a friend, Mari. Come on. It's time for bed."
   "Can I sleep in here tonight?" She whined, I chuckled and got up.
   "Sure." She grinned and I picked up all my art supplies, stuffing it in the drawer I always hide it in. I slid into bed and Martha curled up in the blankets. "Night."
   "Night."

   "Hey, Ma." I tried to smile and she slowly opened her eyes.
   "Hey, hun." She croaked, I took her hand and sniffed.
   "When can you come home?"
   "John! It's time to go." He father called.
   "But I just-"
   "Now!"
   "Go on, hun. I'll be home soon. You can come see me tomorrow."
   "Ok." I squeezed her hand and headed home.

   I sat up fast and gasped. Martha stirred next to me and yawned. "Jack? What are you doing up?" I tried to hide the fact that I was crying but Martha realized it and hugged me. "Hey, it's ok." She rubbed my back and paused. "Was it Ma again?" She asked quietly, I nodded slowly and hugged me tighter. "Oh, John... it was just a dream." I shook my head.
   "She's was th-there. Th-that day in the h-hospital...when dad wouldn't let me see her."
   "The first day?" I nodded and Martha pet my hair.
   "I miss her so much." I sobbed.
   "Shhhhh, I know." She cooed, rubbing my back and  trying to get me to lay down. "Lay down, Jack. Go to sleep." I gave in and laid down, wiping my face. Martha went back to sleep but I couldn't. I was too afraid too. I didn't want to see her face again or hear her voice. I started at the ceiling until my alarm clock rang and I sat up. Martha yawned and trudged to her room. I got dressed and hurried downstairs. I made breakfast and lunches and woke everyone up. I loaded Mary into the car seat and drove to school.

   "John, we have a problem!" Laf squeaked.
   "Laf, I'm sleep deprived and honestly not in the mood." I sighed.
   "Alex has to take the subway to school and...he met someone this morning. I was hoping you could tell him why he can't be friends with him."
   "What?"
   "Look!" He pointed to the entrance of the school and I gasped. There Alex stood with him. My blood boiled and I stormed over. I yanked Alex away and he stumbled and yelped.
   "Well, good morning to you too, John." He sighed. 
   "Come on, Alex."
   "John Laurens...long time no see."
   "Francis..." I growled, Alex frowned and Laf tried to tug him away. "What are you doing here?"
   "I'm back from alternative." He smiled.
"Stay the fuck away from me and Alex." I spat.
"John, you can't-" I glared at Alex and he shut his mouth.
"Let's go." I stormed away and Alex hurried after me.
"What was that all about?"
"Trust me you don't want to hang out with him."
"Why? What if I want too?" Alex threw his hands on his hips and huffed.
   "You don't. He's manipulative and abusive. Please...just stay away from him?"
   "Ok. Geez." I sighed, Alex and Laf started talking and headed to class.

   "Hey." Someone purred, I sighed and started washing my hands in the sink.
   "Hello, Francis."
   "Aw, c'mon! I know you still love me!" He whined.
   "I never loved you. You're a prick and an asshole. Stay the fuck away from me." I started to leave but he grinned my arm.
   "Come on, Pickles." I cringed at the name and ripped my arm away. "We had something good!"
   "Really? You call hitting me and raping me 'good'?" I snarled.
   "That was consensual and you know it. C'mon on! Please?"
   "No!" He slapped me across the face without warning and I jumped. I stared wide eyed at him and tears pricked in my eyes.
"You are mine. You understand me? I will expose you to everyone! Including your father. Understand?"
"Y-yes."
"Good. I'll see you at lunch." He stalked out and I locked myself in a stall. I sank to the floor cradling my cheek and sniffed.
"Please...no...I don't wanna do this." I sobbed, the bell rang and I rushed out to my next class.

"Alex! Alex!" I grabbed his arm and Laf's, they jumped and looked up at me. "Laf, get Herc. We're going off campus. You're a senior right?"
"Yes." Alex chuckled.
"Wait, how old are you?"
"Sixteen."
"How the fu- NO TIME. LAF YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES! ILL BE IN THE TRUCK." I started to tow Alex away and he resisted.
"I don't have money, John. I can't-"
"I'll pay for you."
"N-no, I-"
"My Family is rich. It's fine." He gave in and I saw Francis walking toward our table. "C'mon!" I grabbed Alex's hand and started running.
"John! Stop! I can't run! I can't-"
"I'll carry you." I just wanted to get away from Francis at this point.
"No! Can we please slow down?"
"Alright, alright."
"What's going on? You're acting weird."
"It's nothing." I lied.