Better

A/N - I'm gonna do a another Q&A soon ask ya questions y'all lol

John's POV

   "It's all my fault." Alex sniffed quietly, I looked over and Alex wiped his eyes. "I shouldn't have talked to him. I usually never talk to anyone in the subway but he looked like you and he was looking at his schedule." He stammered, holding back sobs.
   "No! Alex, this is not your fault." He looked up at me and I gently put a hand on his shoulder.
   "But I-"
   "It was my decision. My choice. It's not your fault." Alex sighed and took a sip of his coffee.
   "Everyone thinks I'm crazy." He grumbled, I chuckled a bit and looked down at him.
   "Why's that?"
   "Because I think Andre could be my soulmate." He sighed.
   "Alex..." I sighed and he folded his arms.
   "You think I'm crazy too." He accused.
   "I don't think you're crazy. I just-...Andre likes to break hearts. He's bad news. That's all I'm saying."
   "You're just like James." He spat. "Is it really that hard to believe that I might have a soulmate after all." I frowned and looked down at him.
   "Why wouldn't you have a soulmate?" I frowned.
   "Because I-" James started screaming and I shot off the bench.
   "James!" Alex hurried after me and I gasped as James hugged my leg.
   "I texted you, Pickles. Why didn't you answer me?" Francis pouted, he glared at Alex and pushed James toward the freckled boy.
   "I didn't get anything, babe." I showed him my phone and he grabbed my wrist tightly.
   "Come on."
   "No."
   "Excuse me?"
   "I'm not going." I spat, Francis' eyes turned to a sickening shade of blue and he looked at Alex holding James.
   "Oh, so you'd rather go down on this twink than spend a night with someone as experienced as me?"
   "You know what? Yes." Francis turned red with anger and I'm sure if he was a cartoon character steam would be coming out of his ears. He stormed off and Alex told James to go play.
   "I'm a twink?"
   "A little." We laughed and sat back on the bench. "So what were you saying?"
   "Oh, nothing." Alex smiled, still blushing.
   "Also...about saying I'd fuck you-"
   "You were just saying it-"
   "No, I'd a hundred percent wreck you. I'm trying to say I didn't want to make you uncomfortable and now that I'm looking at you I'm seeing that I've royally failed." We laughed and Alex sighed.
   "Thanks...I think?" He giggled.
   "Ok. I'll make it better." I chuckled, I got up and Alex frowned. I picked a flower and sat back down. "You are far more gorgeous than this flower and anyone else." I tucked the flower behind his ear and smiled.
   "Thank you." He blushed, touching the flower.
   "Did you paint your nails?" He blushed and looked at his nails.
   "Yeah..."
   "It looks nice." Alex smiled and took a sip of his coffee. The wind blew and Alex shivered. I slipped my jacket off and set it on his shoulders.
   "Oh, no. I don't need it." He tried to shrug it off and I pushed it back on his shoulders. He sighed and put his arms in the sleeves, pulling it tight around his body.
   "You're that cold?" I teased, Alex rolled his eyes and shoved me.
   "I used to live in the Caribbean."
   "I used to live in South Carolina."
   "You still got winter. The most we got was a chilly breeze." I laughed and Alex shivered again. "Ok, I am really cold." He giggled.
   "Here. Come here." We scooted closer and I wrapped my arms around him. I pulled him close to my chest and rubbed his arms. "How's that? Is this doing anything?" I laughed, Alex giggled and laid his head on my shoulder.
   "How are you so fucking warm?" I laughed and laid my head on his.
   "I'm warm blooded."
   "Actually, I think it's the other way around."
   "Shhhh, that's not important." I chuckled, Alex giggled and we cuddled on the bench. We drank and chatted as James played and would periodically get closer to me when the wind blew. It made my heart flutter and my stomach did back flips. I loved spending time with him like this. Just sitting and talking. It was calm and quiet, not forcing and angry like Francis. Alex is so much different from him. He's sweet and kind and cute. He listens to me and we talk. Francis only wants to talk when he's trying to seduce me.
   "Can I ask you something?" Alex asked slowly.
   "Sure."
   "'Pickles'?"
   "Oh god. Oh, no." Alex started giggling and I shifted, causing him to fall in my lap. He blushed and gasped. "Oh, shit! Are you ok?" He giggled and I helped him sit up. He leaned back against me and shivered.
   "Is there anyway to got closer to you. It's fucking cold!" Alex whined, I laughed and pulled his left leg into my lap. He shimmied closer and laid his head on my shoulder. "So where did Pickles come from?"
   "Um-...It was really early in our relationship and he hadn't become-..."
   "A bitch."
   "Yes, a bitch." I chuckled and Alex grinned. "Anyway, I accused him of not liking me anymore and when I gave examples I told him he never called me any pet names. So he came up with Pickles. I hate it. Literally anything other than Pickles would be perfect."
   "How about...Princess?" Alex giggled. "You said anything." I face palmed and Alex laughed hysterically.
   "Whatever." I laughed, I sighed and looked at the time. "We should get home. I have to make dinner."
   "Oh, yeah." We got up and I smiled
   "Thanks for coming and sitting with me." Alex smiled and hopped a bit.
   "I had fun. Thanks for inviting me."
   "Yeah, no problem. I just didn't wanna be in the same house as my dad." I chuckled, Alex smiled sympathetically and I threw our trash away. "I'm sorry you were so cold."
   "Nah, that's ok. You're so fucking warm." He giggled, I laughed and we got James. I drove Alex home and he paused before going to the door. "I hope life gets better for you."
   "Yeah, thanks."