19» that snow

« THEN »

Grace hated when it snowed.

Not really, but the snow this time was actually getting quite irritating. Mainly because the whole front yard was covered up with snow. Grace's mother was still asleep. And the sound of constant snow falling on Grace's slanted room window was not letting her sleep.

It was just six in the morning. And Grace was so tired.

Grumbling under her breath, she sat up on her bed and looked out of the window. The sun was coming up. The sky was a beautiful shade of dark blue. And the snow still hadn't stopped.

Knowing that it was Sunday and she had nothing better to do other than sleep, she got up and opened the window. Sudden cool air hit her from almost every direction.

"Wooh." She murmured, rubbing her bare arms as a small shiver escaped her lips.

It was really, really cold outside and Grace was just wearing a T-shirt. Nonetheless, she tiptoed and peeked her head outside. Soft snow fell on the tip of her nose as she squinted her eyes.

Lucius's room window was right in front of hers. I mean, they were neighbors after all. But the only problem was the large gap in between both the windows. You could jump, but...

Nothing's guaranteed.

Grace picked up her phone and texted Lucius to come over to his window. She knew that he won't see it. He never woke up this early, she knew that. But she needed to do something.

Seconds passed by into minutes. And few more minutes. Though, Lucius didn't reply.

Grace huffed and was about to close her window when she heard Lucius's window opening up. He peeked out, his eyes finding Grace's.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked. Not too loud, but not too quietly either.

Grace looked at him with a relieved grin. He did not look like he had just woken up, though the messed up curls gave away. But Grace knew how they were always messed up; Lucius ran his hands through them every chance he got.

"I can't sleep." She gripped her windowsill with her hands before swinging her legs over it. Once she was standing on the small slanted roof joined with her window, she realized how cold it actually was.

"Grace, what are you doing?" Lucius asked, looking at her in confusion.

Grace eyed the similar slanted roof in front of his window. It was a little far away from hers. Maybe, a jump wouldn't be so bad. "I'm coming in your room."

Lucius looked at her, still confused, until he saw her nearing towards the edge of the roof.

"You won't jump." He spoke up, a little louder this time.

Grace looked up at him in surprise, before breaking into another tired grin. God, she was so exhausted. "Yeah, yeah. I am jumping. So what?"

"Grace—"

"I know I won't fall." She reassured him.

"I know that you will." He replied.

Grace thought it'd be better to just ignore him. He'd just not encourage her. She knew she could jump. If Samantha, her gym coach, was here, she would've really encouraged her.