Chapter 28 How to make up with your brother

"What is that?" Type said as he noticed that Gulf was reading the letter Lhong gave him. Tharn adn Type's parents arrived too and they all sat down. 

"I knew it, how could I even think that the first words that I could hear from your dirty mouth could be I'm sorry ai Gulf" Type's brother said sipping his tea. 

"Please guys clam down, I'm sure that we can..." Tharn said trying to cool down the situation but he got interrupted by Gulf who didn't look angry at all, just disappointed, he was trying to hide his rage for as long as he could. 

"Oh sorry, can you remind me the exact moment I asked you to interrupt my conversation with my brother? Because I don't remember it." Tharn looked at the ground and sighed. 

"How dare you! You can't talk to my boyfriend like that clear?!" Type said almost shouting. His father looked at his mother and said

"I know that I told that I can accept a son in law... but a warning before using that word would be good... at least for the first period"

"Oh come on dear, we all know that you like nong Tharn too, you even said that he's a really good waiter too" his mother said patting his back

"You think that I'm a good waiter?! Thank you dad" Tharn said looking at his future father in law

"Don't call me dad! Not now at least... I'm still your empolyer and I can fire you whenever I want..."

"He might try to do it even literally nong Tharn, be careful" Type's mother whispered in Tharn's ear

"I don't mean to interrupt the beautiful picture of the LGBT supporter family but I'm still here arguing with my brother" 

"Ai Gulf, I'm sorry, I know that I'm an asshole and that I'm a terrible brother too, but I was so afraid... "

"What?! You believed that because I'm gay I could rape you like that man!? Seriously ai Type?! After all these years you can apologize only now?!" Gulf shouted, his eyes started watering so he  covered his eyes with his hand.

"Ai Gulf... I already told you that I'm sorry... what else do you want me to say?" 

"You should know it..." Gulf said, he stood up and went to his room, Type ran to follow him. Tharn was about to follow them too when type's father stopped him.

"You shouldn't go now... let them fight a bit, they'll get tired and make up at the end." Tharn sat down 

"So... umm... what happened exactly... that..." Tharn asked

"Well, it was summer and Gulf had his first crush, he fell in love with Khom but he didn't love him back, we were ok with that... like a good parent should be..."

"Wait a minute dad..."

"I already told you that you can't.... ok I give up... "

"a small victory... by the way, dad, if you were ok when Gulf said that he like men why didn't you accept me too?"

"Because I wanted to make sure that you love him no matter what... but now that I know that you love him... and that you're rich, I'm ok with it. At least I can ask you for money when I have financial problems" Type's father said laughing. Tharn looked at him and laughed too

"Well, I'm poor now so I suppose that you will have to accept me just because your son loves me right?" 

"Wait you're what?! I might spare your life because I'm afraid that my son gets sad... but I can still let you eat just spicy food until you spend more time in your bathroom than in any other room!" he said standing up

"I apologize! Sorry sir!" 

"Oh come on it was a joke!"

"Well... it didn't sound like a joke..."

"Shut up, so, we were talking about nong Gulf's coming out, he told us first and then he told Type that he likes men, he didn't tell him that this was related to Khom, he knew that he might get mad at him and he wanted that at least Khom could stay beside Type."

"Well... even in that moment he wanted to take care of Type... I'm impressed"

"Hey! He's my son after all, my family is full of brave people... by the way, Type decided that he didn't want to talk to him anymore, he was a traitor to him, after a few months Gulf couldn' handle it anymore and asked us to go study abroad, it was really difficult to accept... but we had to do so... " Tharn was shocked. 

In the meanwhile Gulf and Type were fighting in Gulf's room. All of a sudden the letter that Lhong gave him fell. Type took it and locked himself in the bathroom to read it. 

"Open the door! Now!" 

"No!" Type yelled from the inside. He started reading, he was shocked by what he saw. Gulf kept knocking and crying

"Please... don't read it... please..." after a while Gulf stopped fighting and kept crying and imploring him to stop reading even if he already knew that it was just too late. Type opened the door and glared at him. 

"You like him..."

"Yes... just like I loved Khom and I had to keep it a secret because I didn't want to hurt you... please ai Type... please..."

"Do you even know what he did?!" Gulf remained silent. Type was trying to stop the relationship between Gulf and Lhong, he wanted to believe that he was just the cruel bastard who paid three men to rape Tar... but he couldn't help but think about the times he saw him cry or try to disappear... and most of all... when he confessed trying to help Techno. A question was now stucked in Type's head

Who are you ai Lhong... how can I trust you? You're a liar... but now you just keep telling the truth...