Chapter 27

Flashback: Cait is 12

Jeff's POV:

Me, Hil and Cait are sat watching tv. Hilarie's phone went off. "Crap I forgot. The One Tree Hill lot are meeting up next weekend for a fan meet and greet in Wilmington, do you guys wanna come?" Cait looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Can we Daddy?" She knows I can't say no when she gives me the puppy look. "Of course baby girl. I'm gonna have to kill Jared for teaching you the puppy dog look." I chuckled.

The next weekend...

We just got to the airport to get our flight to Wilmington. Cait is excited to meet the One Tree Hill cast. Well she already knows and loves Danneel. She loves the show.

A few fans saw us and asked for a couple of photos, which we happily took with them. It was quite early in the morning so we got McDonald's breakfast. Our flight got called just as we finished our breakfasts so the three of us went to our Gate to get on the plane.

Cait sat between me and Hilarie on the plane. It's only an hour and half flight which ain't too bad. "Daddy can I have a nap?" Cait asked yawning. "Course ya can baby girl." I smiled and gently kissed her head. Me and Hil lifted the arm rests so Cait could lay down. Her head rested on my knees and her feet rested on Hilarie's. I gently stroked the hair out of her face as she dozed off.

When our flight landed, Cait was still fast asleep. So I carried her off the plane and we got our suitcases. I shared my suitcase with Cait. She stirred a bit in her sleep. "Shh it's ok baby." I whispered. She's very small and light for her age so carrying her ain't an issue.

When we got to our hotel, I laid Caitlan in the bed and let her sleep longer. Hilarie got a text. "Is it alright if everyone came up?" She asked. "Yeah course." I smiled. Our hotel room is big enough anyway. Literally most the cast came up: Chad, James, Joy, Moira, Barbara, Daphne,  Antwon, Sophia, Robert, Jana, Lee, Paul, Danneel, Colin, Austin, Lisa, Tyler, Craig and Shantel. "Hey. Cait's asleep guys so try not to be too loud." Hilarie welcomed them in.

After about 20 minutes later, Cait woke up. She was shy at first but she sat on my knee and she was ok after a few minutes. "How's your schoolwork going Cait?" Danneel asked. "Ok thanks." Cait smiled. "Her teachers are impressed. She gets work from the school and we send it back once she's done it and they are surprised with how much work she can do in a certain amount of time." I smiled and kissed Cait's head. "What do ya like to do when you're not doing schoolwork and acting?" Moira asked. "I love swimming. Having cuddles with mom, dad and Bisou. I love singing." She smiled. "Ooo sing us something." Sophia asked excitedly. Cait looked at me and smirked a little. She started singing 'I Don't Wanna Be' by Gavin DeGraw. Everyone ended up joining in. "There's an after party Saturday night. You gotta sing that." Hilarie smiled and Cait nodded.

Everyone left for an early night. Hilarie talked to the organisers of the meet and greet and me and Caitlan are good to attend tomorrow.

We all fell asleep about 10pm and woke up about 8am the next day. After breakfast in our room, we headed to where the meet and greet was. It's gonna be a long and fun weekend.

At about 11:30am, all the fans were in. Some recognised me and Cait and asked for our photos which we happily took. We had our lunch about 1:00pm, Hilarie had her's a bit earlier due to her schedule. "Am I ok to pop to the bathroom Dad?" Cait asked. "Yeah course babygirl." I smiled and Cait headed to the bathroom.

I saw Moria running up to me. "Jeff, Caitlan's having a panic attack. She came out the bathroom and took a few pics with fans. But then paparazzi bombarded her and she's freaking out." Shit. I ran to Cait, she was swamped by paparazzi. Just as she saw me she collapsed. I shoved everyone out the way, and got to Caitlan. A paramedic came up to us and checked her out. "She's ok, she was just hyperventilating." I nodded and then Hilarie came up to us. "Take her back to the hotel Jeff. Staying for the rest of the day will be too overwhelming." I nodded and Cait woke up. "Come on sweetheart. Let's get you back to the hotel." Cait nodded and I carried her.