It Gets worse

Annabeth POV

Harry ran up to me after charms worried. "ANNABETH! hey! Um, sorry to bother you but I really need to talk to you now it's really important."

This sounded urgent so I went with him. He seemed worried and I had to know what was going on.

"Have you had any issues with your wands or doing magic?"

"No, why what's going on?"

"My wand isn't working, during charms, I don't know, but I tried a spell and there was a small spark at the end and smoke and it didn't work. Almost like it burnt out."

"Is that normal? Has that ever happened to anyone before?"

No, never!

This was really bad. If this happened to Harry it would probably happen to others leaving them defenseless.

"I need to go talk to Dumbledore about something, I'll be back."

I ran to Dumbledore's office and said the password. He was sitting at his desk.

"Dumbledore I am requesting that you create a new required class led by us demigods."

"And why dear Annabeth do you believe it is necessary for a new class."

"I believe wizards need to learn how to defend themselves without their wands. Harry just told me his wand wasn't working like it burnt out or something. Who's to say that won't happen to others. If everyone's wand Burns out and they don't know how to fight that leaves them completely defenseless to threats."

"This is very concerning Annabeth thank you for letting me know, and I'll take adding that class into consideration."

I ran back to the common room to find Percy.

I found him with some of the others. "Percy! Oh perfect your all here. Have you noticed anything odd going on?"

Piper awnsered, "I don't really know what you mean but I saw a girls wand let out a spark then smoke during class, and then it stopped working."

"That's what I was afraid of. Anything else?"

This time it was Percy, "Earlier I was fighting a hellhound and the wizards saw it as a hellhound. Does the mist work on wizards?"

Hermione replied, "Yeah that's odd, the mist usually just makes monsters look like a dangerous magical creature, and anyways Hogwarts has wards against monsters so they don't get in. The only time a monster got in was the first year I was sent, they saw it as a troll but someone deliberately let it in."

"So the mist is faltering and magic is burning out.  Great. We don't know how bad it is yet. I arranged with Dumbledore for us to teach a defense class without wands because the burning out thing."

This was just great.  We had no plan, we didn't even know what the threat was, the wizards are becoming defenseless, and if the mist stops working for mortals too... That would be really bad for us. 

I just tried not to panic and start planning for the class.