A New Mystery

Percy POV

It had been a couple days since the whole me, fiasco and by now everyone had gotten over the shock. I was mostly healed by now. Only some of the teachers, the demigods and the wizards that were there know about what happened. As far as everyone else knew I was just very ill the past few days.

I figured it would be a good idea to IM Chiron to let the camp know I wasn't, you know dead. We figured it was time to let them know so they didn't have to greive anymore than they had to for me.

Man when I get back to camp they are going to be pissed. This is the second time they've been told I died. Granted I did actually die this time but the point still stands.

We all were in the room of requirment and a fountain was in the middle.

"Okay, Annabeth you IM them and then we'll all just be here in veiw or something."

"Your just trying to avoid confrontation, aren't you Percy."

"Yeah pretty much."

"I need to do one thing first, I have my own coin."

I made the mist and threw in a drachma.

"Fleecy do me a solid, show me Grover Underwood."

Grover appeared and he looked worried and sad. Then he saw me and his eyes widened.

"PERCY!?"

"Hey Grover, so you heard what happened huh?"

He just stared at me with wide eyes.

"Wha- Percy, HOW I FELT YOU DIE WE HAVE AN EMPATHY LINK!"

"Yeah, thats why I contacted you first. Didn't you feel something odd a couple days ago?"

"Now that I think of it yeah kind of, but still, HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! I felt you die and I was told by Chiron what happened, who was told directly from Annabeth that you were stabbed and dead. Annabeth even got confirmation NICO!"

"I dont think I even made it to the underworld, I definitely died but I was in a room where I could see my friends, then after a little while a door appeared and I took my chance. Now here we are."

"Okay, slight problem, literally everyone in the camp thinks your dead. Again."

"At least I actually got stabbed this time, it's nice to switch it up. We were actually just about to contact Chiron to tell the camp when I decided I wanted you to know before them."

"I'm honored you want me to know your not dead above the entire camp."

"Yeah I should probably go tell them, it was great to see you again Grover, I haven't seen you in so long."

"You too Perc, I'm happy to know your alive."

I then swiped my hand through the message.

I recreated the mist and stepped back, "okay Annabeth, go for it."

She threw the other drachma in and said, "Oh Iris goddess of rainbows show me Chiron."

I decided to just slip into the background and look like I'm actually doing something and not like I'm trying to hide, which I definitely wasn't trying to do."

"Hey Chiron were just here for an update."

Chiron looked run down and tired. I knew it was my fault.

He looked at Annabeth tiredly, "yes hello Annabeth, I suppose your here for updates. The camp is fine but the border is still weakening. We have patrols out to keep monsters out. Do you have any updates on either quest?"

I decided to just look busy in the background or something and hope he doesn't notice me.

"Well, there's been a bit of an interesting development here. Can you communicate with camp Jupiter to see if Thanatos is okay?"

He looked suspicious, "why do you feel the need to check on Thanatos?"

He then finally apparently looked in the background and saw me. This is going to be a fun conversation."

"Annabe- IS THAT PERCY!?"

I tried to go unnoticed so I could escape. Of course I wanted Chiron to know I was alive, but that doesn't mean I want to be part of that conversation.

Leo grabbed my arm, "oh no, your not getting out of this that easily."

"PERSEUS JACKSON!"

Oh no. I got caught.

"This is the THIRD TIME we have had to burn a shroud for you! YOU HOLD THE RECORD! YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON TO HAVE HAD THREE DIFFERENT FUNERALS! In other words Percy, HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?"

During this whole thing in the background I could see campers  pass by, as they did when they saw what was going on they froze and just stared at the scene before them.

"Well you see, we don't really know that. All we know is that I never got to the underworld, and we I was in this room with no door for a few days and I could see my friends, but they couldn't hear or see me. After a few days a door appeared and I didn't hesitate, now here we are. We know for a fact that I was dead though, Nico sensed it."

"Huh, strange. I'm going to leave you here."

He then turned to the campers who stopped and stared frozen, "Percy Jackson did it again, feel free to chew him out or talk to him, I'm going to go process this."

Chiron left and now I had to deal with a bunch of campers staring at me in shock.

"Hey, guys."

Clarisse was the first to speak up, "PRISSY!?"

"In the flesh."

"Are you serious!? We literally just burned your THIRD shroud last week."

"Well in my defense I was actually dead this time, and well you heard."

"You are so dead when you get back prissy."

"Well you know me, not even death can stop me. Do me a favor and spread the word to the camps that im alive will ya."

"Fine, I'm not mad your not dead, your one of the few people I can get a decent sparring match with."

"Love you too Clarisse."

The Iris message ended and a took a deep sigh, "glad thats over with."

Annabeth looked at me amused, "now was that so hard."

"Yes, yes it was."

"Okay so that's all we had to do so I guess meeting adjourned."

We left to go back to our dorms. I had no idea what the next week would entail, but it was not what I expected.