We've Got Work to Do

A/N- Sorry for not updating for a while, Wattpad on my phone got blocked so I couldn't get on to update, I can update now though so thank you for being patient.

Hermione pic

We were at breakfast trying to figure out how Harry's wand burnt out, it hadn't been heard of ever before. The other demigods weren't here which was odd.

Before the food appeared Dumbledore said something, "Due to recent developments we will be adding a new required class for all students, not to worry we already have professors here to teach this new class. The new class will be called defense against mythology, as you know we have demigods among us stemming from Greek mythology. Before we were safe from the monsters of these myths due to what I have been informed is the mist, which hides them and allows the demigods to safely dispose of these monsters. However we still need to know how to defend ourselves against these monsters, some of the demigods will be teaching this class. That is all."

A new class for defense? Why wouldn't they tell me about it?

"I wonder if this has anything to do with the wands?"

"What do you mean?"

"Ron, you idiot, you  can't possibly beleive Harry's to only one to have their wand do this?"

"Well, no but-"

"If our wands are burning out how will we defend ourselves."

"I don't get why we have to learn how to fight Greek monsters, and with swords, I mean Dumbledore said we were safe from all that right?"

"Harry can we just drop the matter, were getting a new class deal with it."

"Hermione, we are safe from the Greek monsters right?"

I was getting nervous, I couldn't tell them.

"Hermione, what's going on, are we safe from the monsters or not!"

"Harry-"

"No Hermione! I want an awnser! I've been told I'm safe and then put into danger too many times! NOW ARE WE SAFE!"

"HARRY I CANT TELL YOU!"

"So we're not!"

"No- it's none of your business okay! It's nothing you need to worry about for once! It's demigod business, nothing of your concern!"

"IT IS MY BUISSNESS IF EVERYONE I LOVE COULD BE IN DANGER AND MY WAND ISNT WORKING!"

"Harry, just for once in your life accept you don't need to put yourself in danger or worry about it! You are on a need to know basis and you DON'T need to know this!"

"I JUST WANT TO PROTECT MY FRIENDS!"

"YOU CAN DO THAT BY LAYING OFF! YOU DONT THINK IM WORRIED TOO!"

At that point I couldn't deal with Harry anymore, I stormed out of the great Hall.

Harry pic

I couldn't beleive Hermione. We could be in danger and she wouldn't even tell me why. I didn't even do anything wrong, I only wanted to know if it has anything to do with our wands, and she freaked out!

I only want to be able to protect my friends, it's all I have, they are my only family I have. I'd hardly consider the Dursleys family, and everyone else who I loved and had any connection to my parents are now dead. I want to protect who I have left or die trying. The alternative is pushing everyone away because most everyone who I have ever loved or cared about is dead, and most died for me.

I can't afford to push everyone away though, because I have already done that, and I now realize Luna was right, if I'm alone and feel isolated it's easier for enemies to get to me. Hell the whole reason I defeated Voldemort was through love, I can't just throw it all away, so I need to protect them.

I can't do that unless I know. Hermione said it's need to know, but I do need to know.

Percy POV

I heard about the wands and decided to contact Chiron, I wondered if Hestia was okay, she was the one in charge of the mist, and likely was involved with the wizards too.

I went to the bathroom and made a rainbow, "oh fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Chiron at camp half-blood." I didnt like what I saw, he was in the infirmary and there were too many campers there for my taste.

"Ah, yes Percy, I was just about to contact you."

"Chiron what's going on, why are there so many people in the infirmary?"

"Well you see Percy, the camp was attacked."

"ATTACKED!?

"A large number of monsters came up to the hill but rather than not being able to get through as we expected they were able to walk right in, a lot of damage has been done and many were injured. We would have done better but we weren't expecting them to be able to enter."

"Was anyone killed?"

"Luckily no, but many have been injured and some severely, the Apollo cabin is doing best they can with who they have."

"I want to go back there and help."

"No Percy, you must stay there. Send Leo, Jason and the others back instead. You and Annabeth need to stay."

He then ended the Iris message. UGH I want to go home and help but I'm stuck here teaching a bunch of clueless wizards how to fight! I needed to be at camp halfblood, I should have been there! If I had been there it wouldn't have been as bad as it was, if we were all home.

I walked out of the bathroom.

"Percy, you look angry are you okay, what happened?"

"The camp got attacked, Annabeth, the camp got attacked and we weren't there to help."

"What!?"

"The monsters went through the border without a second thought, Annabeth something is wrong, and we are stuck here!"

"Percy, there must be something we can do! What do you mean they went through the border!"

"I mean that, they just walked right in."

"Oh no, this is bad. That hasn't happened since..."

"I know Annabeth."

"Do you really think?"

"I don't know it's possible."

"We have to tell the others."