T H R E E

T H E - D A N C I N G - B L A D E

××××

You woke up unfamiliar with your surroundings, the gentle but hot touch of the sunlight, kissing your skin. "(Y/N), you're finally awake!" Tanjiro greets you, his face lit up with an assuring smile as always.

"Ah! (Y/N)! (Y/N)! The angel is awake!" Zenitsu barged in, his haori flowing by his pace. "Ah! Zenitsu!" You smiled at him, waiving your hand to greet his presence. "Where's your boar friend?" You ask while Zenitsu's face dropped.

"That asshole..." He cussed, muttering under his breath. You've heard it and laughed.

"You two really fight that much?"

"HEY MONITSU!"

A shout emerges from the background, it was no one other than boar man himself. "AH! What now!" Zenitsu stood up, scratching his head in frustration.

"CAW! CAW! Zenitsu, Tanjiro, Inosuke, (Y/N)! Ishinomaki, Miyagi!! Demons!! Demons!! CAW! CAW!"

A Kasugai crow interrupts the upcoming fight of the two. Good thing tho...

"Ah, That's our next stop, (Y/N) you can stay if you're not feeling better" Tanjiro comments. "I can do it Tanjiro, It's our job as demon slayers, and being hurt is part of the Job" You reply, chuckling as you say the last sentence. He nods and started to fix his things.

---

You and the others were going out of the village. Your wounds were already half dry, but still painful. You were determined to fight. Like what you said, you're a demon slayer, and your job is to slay demons and protect the people.

You and the trio were heading to Ishinomaki, a little exhausted. Tanjiro wipes his sweat, stops and panted "We need to get there as soon as possible.." he swipes another drop of sweat dripping down his face. You nodded and also tried to fix yourself before resuming the journey.

The sun was shining and you were sure the demon's won't show up until it darkens. You stretched your arms, while your feet stepped into the green grass. You smiled, your eyes were admiring the scenery.

You walked until you and the trio were getting closer and closer to Ishinomaki. It wasn't easy, you stumbled upon a few human made traps, it was complicated, but since Tanjiro and Zenitsu were there, they warned you whenever the contraption hits.

"AH! KENTARO!! I'M HUNGRY!!" Inosuke shouts, punching his own stomach like Tarzan. Zenitsu clicked his tongue in annoyance. "It's TAN-JI-RO, ZE-NIT-SU, AND (Y/-N), Your voice is really ANNOYING INOSUKE!!" Zenitsu commented, shouting like crazy. The two continued arguing and arguing until you've reached your destination. The sun was going down, good thing Tanjiro kept some rice cakes and it satisfied everyone's hunger. Then he stopped on his tracks, the city was now Infront of your eyes.

"Ishinomaki, this is it..." Tanjiro mumbled under his breath. Zenitsu started being the fragile boy he was, his legs were shaking and his teeth were gritting. You looked at him and gently pats his back, comforting him. But the boy didn't stop shaking, his eyes were filled with fear.

"I sense something..." Tanjiro says as he sniffs the air. You closed your eyes, looking for the demon. Zenitsu wrapped his arms around your waist, holding his ears. You were shocked, if he's always scared, how did he survive the selection? You thought.
These boys were special, but the mystery lies within Zenitsu and Inosuke. You never knew them that much, their backstory was unknown to you, but you look forward into knowing them further.