F O U R T E E N

A - N E W - J O U R N E Y
W I T H O U T - M E

××××

It was now two months since your last battle with the demons. Inosuke had recovered pretty well, and wanted to fight more. You sighed and just sat beside him, munching on a bowl of Tempura.

You saw a glimpse of a Kasugai crow wandering around the estate.

You covered your ears, not wanting to hear the noisy cracked voice of your own Kasugai crow, but you already did.

"CAW CAW! (Y/N)! VILLAGE DUTY! RIGHT NOW!"

You grunted, but also thought of why Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu wasn't called. You stared at Inosuke, asking if he's okay with you going.

"Inosuke, you finish eating. I'm going to go say goodbye for awhile, I have a new mission without you three." You smiled, while Inosuke questionably looked at your standing figure.

"I WANT TO GO! I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!" He repeatedly said, putting down his tempura bowl, while he licks the side of his mouth for leftovers.

"Inosuke, you should stay with Tanjiro and Zenitsu, they need your help...Muzan is much more difficult than my mission...please tell Tanjiro to kill that fucker for me" You smiled, leaving Inosuke behind. He was there, looking at your figure, distancing away from him.

"Please don't die (Y/N)" he mumbled quietly, and started to chomp on his food again.

You just felt hurt. Being separated from the trio was that much of a burden to you. After all those days being with them, and now you're leaving.

You packed your things, and started getting ready for you duty.

You walked, finding Tanjiro and Zenitsu outside. You raises your hand hello, and they noticed you. They approached you and started questioning you.

"(Y/N), why do you look like you're going somewhere?" Zenitsu asked, his face slightly curious.

Tanjiro also looked worried, his eyes staring at your (E/C) ones.

"I have a new mission.." You say quietly, but enough for the two to hear.

"We should get ready too!" Tanjiro smiled, almost running inside the estate again. Yet your hand on his stopped his movement. He turned back to you with a questioned look on his face.

"I have a separate mission with you all..." You muttered, which made the two shocked. "Y-You're leaving us?!" Zenitsu exclaimed in shock.

You were really sad about the news, you didn't want to leave the trio yet. They always have a special place in your heart, that makes you want to be with them for the rest of your life. You want to be with them when they fight demons, you want to be with them when they finally defeat Muzan.

But fate just isn't it.

Maybe it's better if you just follow the rules.

Or is it much better if you just don't follow it.

"I don't want to be separated from (Y/N)-Chan!" Zenitsu whines, while Tanjiro stopped him from clinging unto you.

"W-well...If that's the case...you better go on...the village might be in danger.." Tanjiro sadly said, still smiling, but it looked like he was a little hurt.

"I-I will!"

You hugged Tanjiro and Zenitsu, and then went on to your journey. Your own Kasugai crow leaded you to the place. Surprisingly, the village wasn't that far up ahead. It was small, but very populated. The demon's can clearly see this village as a feast, because there's no place to hide.