new boi

Morning always felt like a drag in many aspects, but sometimes felt relaxing. Although I was waking up extremely early, at least it was only me. Dad was asleep which left me to myself.

Scanning my closet in a debate on what to wear, I decide to glance the weather on my phone in an effort to help me decide. Kinda cool out I thought to myself. I decide to throw on some jeans and pair it with simple shirt and jacket.

Trying to make sure I leave the house in time I throw on some basic make up which subsides my insecurities to an extent.

Every morning was the same.

Wake up, brush my teeth, get dressed, do my make up, brush my hair, and get ready to leave. But what extent was it supposed to be special?

As I throw on my vans I grab my book bag and head out to the main part of the house. I glance outside the window in hopes of guesstimate what time it is due to the hues of color in the sky.

Realizing I should probably get going.

I walk up to my dads bedroom door slowly opening it in a want to not wake my dad. But as every morning I don't. I approach his sleepy figure leaving a kiss on his forehead. "Love you" I whisper walking toward the bedroom door. He shuffles in his sleep in response which let me know he was at least a live.

Walking out apartment doors I'm greeted by a soft sunlight rising from the buildings of the neighborhood.

Fasting my pace more than usual this morning as I took a little longer this morning.

Luckily making to the bus stop in time I pull out my phone to check notifications.

Carmen : hey im stopping by 7/11 you want a coffee?

I send a quick yes as when I looked up the bus had arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gosh could you have texted me any later?" Carmen said as I approached our meeting spot for before school. She had two canned coffees in hand while sitting on the bench right outside the entrance of the campus.

"I'm sorry I was running a bit behind this morning" I say giving me a soft smile in hopes of changing her mood for the morning. She stands up as I make my way right in front of her. "You see, you're so lucky. Most friends wouldn't stand outside a 7/11 as they wait for a response" Carmen retorts as we make out way in the entrance of the campus gate together. "You waited outside a 7/11 for me?" I question giving her fake gushing look as I smuggle her in a hug. In response she huffs out air and pushes me off her. "Yeah, do you know how many weird looks I got? People probably thought I was some crackhead begging for money!" she says crossing her arms. "Well the first part of statement is true" I say giggling. Carmen gives me a fake laugh "for your information I'm only a crackhead around you, so theirs no way of them knowing".

As we make our way into the courtyard of the school we stand by a wall to a wait for the bell.

"By the way do you wanna go get some food after school?" Carmen asks turning to me which makes my mood almost drop. "I wish, I want to save up some I'm taking more days and shifts at my job" I explain which Carmen nods understanding.

College was a pretty penny lately and although my dad was stable with money, it doesn't compare to the price of college.

"Hows work been though? The manager getting any better?" Carmen asks with a sympathetic look. "God I wish. That asshole doesn't understand that just because hes literally 30 years older than me does't mean he can just boss me around" I say huffing in annoyance of just thinking of him.