familiar

"Oh look who showed up" I say approaching my desk. Jisung had his head down, but the minute he actually pick his head up I realized why. "What is up with you and getting beat up?" I question as I study the new hues of dark purple around his eye. "Actually I won the fight so I did not get beat up" Jisung clarified which I rolled my eyes. He laid his head back down the desk but now tilting to look at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask while turning to look back at him. "Do you have any make up?" he asks almost shyly which almost caused me to smile. "Why? Did the clown shop not have your shade?" I joke which his face formed to a deadpan. "No idiot, I'm really not trying to get caught with this big of a bruise. The other bruises were easy to hide, but if teachers see this they'd suspect I'm getting abused" he explained picking his head up while pointing to the shiner. 

"Is this my shade?" Jisung asked as I got my circular container filled with concealer. He had a slight smile that hinted that he was joking, but it wasn't funny. I began lightly applying the concealer in sections and in such a rush for time I'm having to blend with my finger. "You know you shouldn't be getting in fights" I say trying to keep my attention on the bruise than his eyes. "Shit happens and sometimes you gotta deal with it" he responded which all I could do was just listen. Even if I gave him advice or scolded him more, he wouldn't listen. "Then I advise you to invest in some make up yourself" I say considering I was having to use so much product on such a dark bruise. This would be easier if I had color corrector. "Why would I do that when I can have the feeling of your touch without it coming from a smack" he says raising his eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes to his sudden wave of cockiness. "Alright this is the best I can do" I say while screwing the cap back on the concealer. In the corner of my eye I could see him looking at his reflection in the camera of his phone. "Thanks love" he said turning back to me. "Yeah whatever" I reply turning away from him. It sucked hearing pet names from him considering it practically meant nothing. He threw the words around because that's what he probably says to every girl. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How your weekend darl'in I missed you" Lindsey said giving me a hug as I clocked in. "Yeah how was your weekend, considering you skipped out on all your duties?" Ron asked in his same asshole tone. I wait for the day that I can beat the shit out of you. "Well it was exhausting considering the kids aren't really raised well" I explained mainly to Lindsey as I tried paying no mind to Ron. Did I forget to mention that I lied to Ron as well. I told him that my aunt needed an emergency baby sitter as they arrived in town. Jokes on them, I don't have an aunt. "Ah that can be so annoying. That's why I keep raising Zachary and Tucker to have manners" Lindsey said which I nodded. I've only met her kids a couple times and that's when she didn't have a baby sitter and just let them sit at a booth for her shift. "That reminds me, Ron I don't have a baby sitter for Friday night can I bring them in?" Lindsey asked calling after Ron who rolled his eyes to the request. "If they make any damage it's coming out of your damn paycheck" he finally replied and of course made everyone around him roll their eyes. When I first applied here Ron wasn't actually the manager here. It was an older woman who knew my mom, I think she's the only reason why I still have this job. And that's because of that lady. I don't see her as much, but whenever she pops in Ron is a completely different person. He's an actual good manager. But as the lady got older she ended up retiring and passed the buck off to Ron. 

"Yo Kaya you got another request" Ron called into the kitchen which I had a feeling who it was. Why is he here so early? Did something happen? "I swear Ji-" I thought out loud but I ended up to a surprise. 

Well it's not Jisung

Well it's not Jisung. He looks familiar. Like really familiar. WAIT. Tae- something. Taehyun! The party. 

He didn't look like his party self. No beanie but now in a polished uniform. He had a gleaming smile while at the entrance of the restaurant. "Oh wow hey" is all I could say, which he chuckles still giving the same smile. "Hey" he said back and I was still taken back by the whole situation. "Just one?" I ask grabbing a menu and Taehyun nods in response. "Do you want a booth or counter?" I ask as he takes a second to decide. "I'll just take the counter" he replies which I nod letting him make his way to a seat before I set down the menu. I make my way behind the counter to fetch my paper. "I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda surprised to see you here" I say tilting my head in obvious confusion. "Yeah I'm sorry. And I know this may seem a little weird, but I just wanted to actually talk to you without being a drunk mess" Taehyun explain which I nodded. He was pretty drunk. "But how did you find out where I worked?" I question him which he gives an smirk that could be considered almost illegal. "I know people" he simply replies before glancing over the menu. What's with guys and being mysterious all the sudden?  "Well what can I get you?" I ask changing the conversation considering I wasn't ready for another smirk. "Do you have anything peach flavored?" he asks. "We have peach lemonade" I offer which he nods in agreement. 

"So you don't seem familiar to this part of town" I say while setting down his peach lemonade. "Why do you say that?" he questions me before taking a sip of the drink. "Well just from observation skills... You're wearing a uniform which belongs to private schools, and I've never seen you come in here" I explain which he nods as if he agrees with what I'm saying. "Although I don't look like it, I'm very familiar with this neck of the woods" Taehyun said which made me return a quizzical expression. "Well if I'm correct with private schools you have to be a certain radius of residents to actually attend. And in this neck of the woods we have no public schools" I say which he almost seemed amazed by my knowledge. "Smart girl, but I never said I lived here. Just said I was familiar with it" he replied with that same smirk. That's true. Then how is he familiar with this part? "But I know you're not from this area" he said but I gave a challenging look. "How so?" I question. He almost hesitates to answer. "Well first of all you don't fit the look. And considering your friend knows Jackson...I know Jackson doesn't talk with anyone from this side of town. Too much trouble"he explains which I surprised from his knowledge as well. "What can I get you eat?" I ask as I'm still trying to actually do my job. Taehyun glanced at the menu for a brief second "Club sandwich, light with the mayo though" he replies. I nod while writing the order down. 

It felt weird having Taehyun here. Well yes because I barely knew him, but also because I'm confused on how he could find out my work. Carmen left with me, and Jisung didn't seem to like him. And Jackson doesn't know me that well either. Who could know? As I tended to other tables I would catch him glancing at me from time to time, not like he was checking me out but rather observing. My attention was brought back to work when the sound of the order bell went off. I make my way to grab Taehyun's meal and set it down in front of him. "thanks" he says to my action which I just return a slight nod. 

"Oh by the way you said you wanted to talk to me when you walked in" I say while handing Taehyun's check back to him. "Oh" he squeaked out considering I caught him quite off guard. "Well I really just wanted to talk to you without making a mess of myself. I thought you were not only really nice, but beautiful" he replied while scratching the back of his neck. Oh... I guess it's my turn to be caught off guard. I was almost stunned for words as I didn't know what to say. It's been forever since a guy has complimented me, except for my dad. "I'll see you later Kaya" he says chuckling to himself as he got up and headed for the exit. "Okay bye" I say slightly as my stunned expression was still spread across my face. 

Don't get ahead of yourself. Calm down. Is he really that interested in me? Or am I looking at another player. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hiii everyone! another chapter. Yeah I know I am actually pretty active now lmaooo. But anyways have a good day/night! ~~~