i thought you meant ice cream

"Repeat that again!?" my dad asked almost choking on his words. He stood at the counter as always getting ready to leave after work. "It's not that big of a deal, I'm just hanging out with a friend" I say trying to ease the situation. You could say Taehyun was a friend at this point right?  "But a friend who's a boy" my dad says making sure to emphasize the word boy. It was almost amusing to see the worried expression stretched across his face. "Does he think it's a date?" my dad question, which followed with me crossing my arms. "No he doesn't, don't worry" I reply with a slight huff. "Then why does he all the sudden want to hang out?" my dad asks matching my action with crossing his arms. "Because friends can hang out with each other" I say deflecting. God I understand that dads are known for being protective, but holy shit he's simply a friend. Well to me he is... "Fine, but no funny business" he says uncrossing his arms to put on his shoes. "Oh my god stop" I say in embarrassment to my dads comment. "No I'm serious. I don't want you ending up on teen mom. One because that's embarrassing, but also you're mom would probably haunt our asses from the grave" he jokes which I chuckle slightly. Mom would question me just as much as dad is if she was here. "But alright I'm heading to work. Love you" my dad calls out before making his way to the front door. "Love you too" I shout back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how did Ron take the news?" Carmen questioned as we walked out the campus entrance. "Well considering I just called off Friday again, he wasn't too pleased. But I used the old aunt excuse" I explained clutching my bag. When I mentioned the news of calling off work today to hang out with Taehyun, Carmen was excited. Not because I was hanging out with Taehyun, but because we could get food after school. "Damn that asshole never lets you catch a break" she replies. As much as Ron was an asshole, the job was paying good. Senior year didn't leave me with much homework so I took hours upon hours. "Yeah, but shinning away from the shit hole of a diner, how's your work been?" I question. Carmen groaned. "Boring!" she complained. "It's either old people or assholes. Which by the way speaking of assholes I saw that one friend of Jisungs" she said rolling her eyes. "Which one?" I question due to curiosity. "The one who dragged me out the party" she scoffed. Jeno. The memory of there argument made me smile a bit. But at the same time it reminded me of Jisung. It makes me question him even more. Why would that asshole pretend to care so much that night when in reality I was just another chick. He's fucking weird and confusing. "That would be Jeno" I reply. "Yeah whatever his name is, but I didn't talk to him. Instead he immediately walked straight to Jackson, who brought him to the back of the place" she explained with a confused look. "Did you see anything?" I ask. "Oh yeah, that fucker gave a dirty look. But I just flipped him off in response" she says chuckling to herself. 

"So what exactly are you and Taehyun going to do?" Carmen questioned as we sat in Leo's Deli. The restaurant was pretty dead except for an old couple eating by the window. "I have no clue. He just said its a surprise, but to wear something nice and he'll pick me up at 9" I explained. Carmen had a smile as her face as she listened to me. "That's cute" she comments before taking a bite of her sandwich. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "It's not like that. He's just a friend" I say, but from Carmen expression she had other ideas. Sure Taehyun was good looking, but I can't just throw myself at every good looking guy. I mean look where it got my dumbass. "But does he know that?" she questions wiggling her eye brows. I hold my hand up as if I was about to hit her, but I instead backed away. "Sometimes I wish I could punch you" I say under my breath before taking a bite of my sandwich. "But you love me too much" she replies with an eat shit grin. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dress nice... dress nice.... I was having an existential crisis. "How nice?" I thought aloud to myself. Does he mean just don't wear jeans? Or does he mean wear a dress?  As I shuffled through hangers I finally made up my mind.