frat parties

8 months later

"Yeah the professor luckily went easy on us this week" I said on the phone. "You lucky bitch, my psychology professor literally assigned a huge pile of work" Carmen complained over the phone. Somehow even when we were about 250 miles away from each other our friendship didn't cease to stop. Ever since the day we found out we got into two separate colleges we were at first scared. Carmen complained as to how we got lucky to be in the same state, but yet not at the same college. But it could be worse, my dad was about 1,000 miles away from us. "Well good luck with that, I think I'm going to live up my weekend off" I replied proudly. "What does that consist of? And I swear to god if you say you're going to binge watch a show... I will call Olivia to get your ass out of the dorms" Carmen threatens over the line. For such a threat it made me laugh. "And should I call Marissa to make sure you do your psychology work?" I question back, but in return Carmen mocked with a fake laugh. Somehow a long the way of late face-time calls we ended up talking to each others dorm mates. "Kaya I'm just trying to get your ass outside the house more" she stated. "I do. I literally went to a party 2 weeks ago" I replied, but I could imagine Carmens expression through the line. "Yeah 2 weeks ago. You're beautiful girl who's been single forever now!" she practically shouted through the line. "Yeah okay, and I'll take that information from the still single girl?" I question. "Kaya. I'm going to say this for the last time and I mean it out of love. Get over him! It's been how many months?" 8 months. It's been 8 months since Jisung walked out my life suddenly and to never come back. One minute we were saying I love you to each other on a couch at 3 am, and by Monday morning he was gone. Like totally gone. I waited a day or two until I visited the house and when I did.... The house was empty. 

It was hard for a while. I blamed myself on everything, cried almost every night, and basically spent the rest of senior year miserable. Surprisingly Carmen didn't take too long to get over Jeno, but I think she was only being strong for me. One of us had to be. 

Other than Jisung leaving my life, so did Unknown. I never heard anything from the contact ever again and before I left for college I got a new phone. To forget unknown, to forget those memories, but to also forget Jisung. 

"I have been. It's just the idea of going out has never been an easy task" I explain. It was true to an extent. I would say to a point I was over Jisung, but every now and then I'd remember a memory and feel a little down. "Okay but I have to go, I'm at my last class. Love you" Carmen stated. "Love you too, be safe" I replied before hanging up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hellooo~" I called as I swung open the door of the dorm. "Finally you're back! Zip me up!" Olivia said excitedly as she turned around to have her back face me. Zipping up a simple black dress she stood in front of our shared mirror. "It's too much" she stated before I unzipped the dress. "What's all this for?" I question, speaking of not only the black dress but the pile of clothes on the floor. "Party! And guess what? You're coming!" she stated before grabbing a another item of clothing to try on. "Ha- No" I stated causing her to form a pout. Olivia had a personality that was similar and different in ways to Carmen. She was outgoing, but was energetic and positive. When I first met her I thought she was honestly being fake from how nice she was, but in reality she's just super bubbly. "You have to come! Not only because I need someone to go with, but also I'm afraid if you don't Carmen will beat my ass" she stated which caused me to chuckle. Seems like I now have to send Marissa a text. 

Before I could deny once more the offer to the party I was interrupted by the sound of my phone going off. Pulling the device out of my pocket, the name on the screen making me smile. "Hey" I say as I pick up the call. "Hey! How's my girl doing?" Taehyun states on the line which makes me chuckle lightly. "Shut up. I'm doing good. What about you ceo?" I question which I could hear him sigh loudly. Once we graduated Taehyun stayed in with TXT, but also took over his dads business. "I know you're jealous that I'm not only handling college better than you, but I'm also handling a business and TXT" Taehyun says over the line in a bragging tone. "Sorry some of us suffer some issues of social anxiety!" I reply on the phone with a chuckle. "Come on Kaya, you've been getting over that and I know it. Speaking of socials, I hope you're going to one tonight" he states which I sighed lightly. "Why? Will you be there?" I joke. I could hear him laughing back lightly. "Not unless I'm taking a plane up state. But because it's Friday and you need to get out there" Taehyun explains. "God you're sounding like everyone I know lately! Carmen's threatening me, Olivia is getting threatened by Carmen, and now you" I complain. "Sometimes Carmen isn't too crazy to say something reasonable" Taehyun replies. When Taehyun got news about me being excepted into a college upstate he was ecstatic, even if it was a 1,000 miles away. But I knew we'd stay in touch, because not only was Carmen there for me after Jisung but so was Taehyun. We both agreed to no more gang events as I didn't want to risk seeing Jisung, so instead he'd keep me company at work. "Whatever. Maybe I'll go out" I reply which I could see Olivia's expression light up. "Good. Now I have to get going. Stay safe" he stated. "Alright I will, and have fun with your ceo stuff" I reply before hanging up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always though the stories of frat parties being explosive were lie, until I came to college. At my first party I got black out drunk and Olivia had to haul me into an uber. Approaching the all too familiar frat house that was blaring the music that whatever was most popular lately. "See aren't you happy you came? We can recreate that fateful night of our first time" Olivia stated which earned a chuckle from me. 

Approaching the entrance of the ranging frat house we were greeted by the dark lighting and colored atmosphere. I couldn't tell if it was stuffy atmosphere or the super tight jeans I was wearing, but the air felt thin. "Kaya! Olivia!" a dude shouted our names. A muscular mid- height dude came walking towards us and I knew it was Matt. We met him our first party. He basically keeps people in line and helps whenever some are hammered. For example when Olivia needed help hauling me into an uber he helped. "Matt!" Olivia shouted excitedly. "Good to see you guys back" he says before giving a side hugs. 

Moving now toward the kitchen I knew we were getting drinks. "I hope they still have it!" I yell to Olivia which she nodded aggressively. Eyeing around I looked for the familiar cabinet and when opening we were happy. The past couple of parties we found a hiding spot for some good liquor. So whenever we found a good bottle we stuffed it in and would save it for the next party. "Yes!" I cheered as we grabbed a pair of solo cups and got pouring. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a couple hours had now passed I had downed at least 2 shots. And now we were faced with the challenge of beer pong. As I stared at the cups in front of me I couldn't help but be reminded of the night of the party at home. The night I met Taehyun, the night Ji-. No. "Alright your turn Kaya!" Olivia said excitedly. Tossing the ball is swiftly landed in the cup which led to the girls in front of us to down the cup quickly. The game had flew by and by no surprise Olivia and I had taken a good win. 

"Hey I'm going to the bathroom real quick" I state as I was beginning to feel a little fuzy. "Alright I'll be down stairs" she replied before I turned the corner. 

Staring at myself in the mirror I looked upon my appearance. The tight jeans, tight cropped shirt, easy make up, and ruffled hair. "Kaya you like a mess" I say to myself causing a giggle to come after. The alcohol was beginning to take its effect and I felt a black out beginning. Trying to quickly get Olivia so I'll have someone to help me before I can't control my actions. Leaving the bathroom and heading towards the stairs my vision was getting foggy and I felt if my legs were becoming wet noodles. Before I could finally make my way to the foot of the steps I felt as if i was about to fall until a someone behind me stopped me. As much as I wanted to turn around I couldn't bring myself too before I saw...nothing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quiet. 

Too quiet. 

Slowly opening my eyes I took in my surroundings. 

One night stand? No I still have these tight ass jeans on. 

Do I recognize this place? No. 

The bedroom was simple but nice. The room was quiet narrow as it was as wide as the bed I was laying on. The walls were a simple light grey with a couple works of art and posters on the walls. The place was nice and from the looks of the finishing, I knew I was somewhere with money. 

But. 

That smell. Something about it so familiar, yet cant totally put a finger on how. 

Until-

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I state. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)