"goodbye jisung's side hoes"

"God you look tired" Carmen commented as I approached our meet up at the campus entrance. "Thanks" I replied sarcastically. "Did you stay up or something?" Carmen questioned as we made out way through the campus court yard. "I couldn't sleep. I kept wondering if the number would ever text me back" I replied, rubbing my eyes a bit to clear my foggy vision. "You shouldn't worry too much about it. The boys probably thought it was funny to confuse you" she reassured me. "Well it's not. I don't want to find out that they did something stupid" I replied crossing my arms. "I think beating Ron up isn't something technically stupid" Carmen said. Murder is. Not necessarily that they did kill Ron, but what if... No I can't think like that. "I guess you're right, it's just the point if they get caught" I reply trying to not draw to much attention to my actual thoughts. 

As I waited at my desk I glanced the room for the 10th time. Of fucking course, why is it whenever I need to talk to him he doesn't show up. I could text the number, but something about the name "Unknown" gave me an uneasy feeling. Wouldn't he just respond by now if it was a joke.? Or at least keep egging it on? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, so I pretty much cleaned out his office completely" Lindsey said taking a seat at the counter of the diner to rest. "How much of a mess was it?" I asked in a disgusted face. I shouldn't have asked considering Ron having such a gross personality. "Pretty bad. He was slob and never cleaned. But the worst was when I cleaned out his drawers... He literally had porn magazines and condoms in an unlocked drawer" she explained. "Oh my god, he couldn't have saved it for when he got home?" Carmen asked in annoyance. "I know!" Lindsey agreed. We were pretty much taking some days away and closing the diner so we could plan some things. Mainly a proper work schedule considering Ron never made one. But also took the days off to clean in general. Since everyone was pretty much over worked we never did a deep clean on the place. "Also I'm pretty sure Ron was just keep his personal tax information here because the recycling bin is borderline over flowing" Lindsey added. "Oh I pretty much ruined 3 sponges with cleaning behind the counter" Carmen complained. I didn't expect Carmen to help so much. But the minute Ron was gone she jumped to action to help Lindsey and I. To the point we even offered her a job, but she claimed she couldn't take the hours. "Didn't you guys ever up keep this place?" Carmen asked now leaning her full weight against the counter. "Lindsey and I were the only hard working waitresses. Everyone else was just hired after they hooked up with Ron. None of them actually worked, but would sit around waiting for tips and quit" I explained now joining them close at the counter. "Can you guys hire another waitress considering you need the help?" Carmen asked. "Why? You finally accepting the job offer?" I joke which she shook her head frantically. "Hell no. But you said the owner doesn't care about this place except mailing your guys pay check. So just fire the sluts and hire new people" Carmen said bluntly. While I choked from her words Lindsey was laughing. "I mean we might at well. We're going to need the help, because I don't want to over work you" Lindsey said looking to me. The offer sounded like heaven, but with Lindsey just starting out... I was cautious. "I mean I can work as much as you need until we get everything situated in under standing management, but I like the idea" I replied with a smile. 

A knock on the diner doors brought our attention to the group of guys outside. Thank god. It was Jisung and the rest of the guys. "Do they not see a closed sign?" Lindsey asked. She was right. The open sign was off, and there was a sign explaining we weren't open today. "Hold on, we'll talk to him" I said referencing to Carmen. "We know them" Carmen said reassuring Lindsey who nodded and headed to the back. 

"Can you not read the sign, we're closed" I said after we unlocked the doors. "We're not here to dine, we're looking for Ron" Jaemin explained. Wait. "What do you mean? didn't you guys already run him out of town?" I questioned. Carmen had an equally confused look as I glanced at her. "No we haven't even talked to him. We were going to today" Jaemin said glancing through the restaurant. "Wait he's already skipped town?" Jisung asked matching my confused expression. "Yeah... I got news yesterday, but I don't know exactly when he left" I explained. "Look we haven't even touched that guy yet" Jeno intervened. "Wait then who texted you?" Carmen asked looking at me. When I realized what she meant, an ocean formed in my stomach. Not a pool.... an ocean. "What are you talking about?" Jisung asked with furrowed brows. "I got text from an unknown number before I found out about Ron, they said don't worry about Ron anymore" I quoted before taking my phone out to show them. As each of them glanced at the screen their expressions got more serious. Especially Jisung. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jisung questioned in tone that matched his expression. "Well if I mean being honest, I thought it was either you or Jaemin. And I was going to confront you about it today, but you weren't here" I explained. "Hold on does it have a number with it?" Chenle asked in a curious tone. "I don't think so, just say's unknown" I replied handing him the phone to check for himself. "You responded to them?" Chenle questioned me in front of everyone. "You responded?!" Jisung asked with widened eyes. "Stop judging me! I thought it was you dumbass!" I said getting defensive from his judge tone. Jisung didn't respond, but rather crossed his arms as if he was sulking. "Um... Kaya" Chenle said gaining my attention. He turned the screen towards me. It was a alert my dad was calling me. "Oh thanks, here everyone be quiet" I stated before accepting the call. "Kaya where are you?" my dad immediately questioned. It kinda caught me off guard. "Oh- Um- At the diner. Why?" I stuttered. "What was the last news you heard about your boss?" he asked without any consideration of mine. "Well actually-" I started but I was interrupted. "Look actually I'm going to be here late, but you're not going to school tomorrow. We need to talk" my dad stated over the line. I felt the ocean gaining momentum of waves inside. Why is he being like this? Why am I going to be questioned? "Dad tell me what's going on" I demanded. Everyone was looking at me intently due to my tone. My dad was quiet on the line...