| Chapter 12 |

•your pov.. long chapter srry•

It was the end of homecoming week. The dance was tomorrow. Everyone is talking about their dates and what they're gonna wear. Red and Nicole would go on and on about their dates and as much as I wanted to, I didn't.
I was first at the lunch table. I look up at Eric as he approaches the table and sets his lunch down.
"All this homecoming shit is getting annoying." He groans and begins gobbling down his lunch.
"Well are you going to homecoming?" I ask as I sip my milk.
"Yeah." He mumbles. "I'm going with Tammy." He rolls his eyes as I gasp.
"That's so cu-"
"We're going as friends (y/n)." He scoffs.
"Really?" I chuckle.
"Oh yeah. What about you and Kyle? You guys just going as friends?" He rolls his eyes again.
"Shut up." I look down at my food and continue eating.
Soon everyone is sitting at the table. Everyone was talking about homecoming of course.
Kyle has been quiet. So has Stan. I looked at both of them and they had stern looks on their faces.
"I'm gonna go to the vending machine." I announce quietly.
"I'll go with you." Stan stands up. "I wanna get an energy drink. I'm tired." I look over at him and give a fake smile. I stand up and we walk over to the vending machines.
"(y/n). Can we talk about yesterday?" Stan whispers.
...
"What do you mean Stan?" I stuttered as he scoots closer to me. I look up at my mom to see if she had noticed what was going on. She hadn't.
"(Y/n). I think I like you. It's been going on for a while. Sometimes when I'm with Wendy I think of you."
I start to blush. I was flattered, but Stan was one of my best friends. I was just thinking about how he was my first friend here at South Park. I never thought of him as anything, other than a friend. What do I say?
"Stan.." I say quietly. He places his hand on mine and sighs.
I look over and my mom and Mrs. Marsh were hugging and saying their goodbyes. I swipe my hand away from Stan's.
"Looks like your leaving." I clear my throat. I stand up and he does as well. "I'll see you tomorrow at school." He wraps his arms around me with a tight squeeze he lets go and smirks.
"We can talk later."
...
After he left I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. I texted Kyle about it and I'm guessing that's why they're mad at each other.
"Why are you whispering Stan?" We both stood in front of the vending machines. I scan my options and he scoffs.
"I just don't want anyone to hear." He shrugs. "Whatever, what I'm trying to say is, how are you feeling. About what I told you." He slips a dollar out of his pocket.
"I don't know. It's a lot to process. What about Wendy?" I watch him put the dollar in and select a drink.
"What about her?"
"Stan. That's your girlfriend." I cross my arms.
"Well-" Stan stops, he looks mad as he gets interrupted. I turn around and see Kyle standing there.
"Hey guys." He crosses his arms.
"Kyle." Stan mumbles. "Here to get a drink too? Or are you just here to be an asshole?" I look over at Stan who seemed angry. Kyle did too.
"What the fuck is your problem Stan?" I watch as Kyle and Stan stare each other down.
"Guys.." I place my hand on Kyles chest to hold him back.
"Why don't you fuck off Kyle. Go be a shitty friend somewhere else." Stan walks up to Kyle, he clenched his drink.
"Guys!" I yell to stop them.
"I'm the shitty friend? Well you're a shitty fucking boyfriend too." Kyle raises his voice which gets everyone's attention. A few people had already been gathering around.
"Both of you fucking stop." I yell. Kyle pushes through me and pushes Stan.
"Fight!" Someone yells. Immediately the boys start throwing punches as the crowd yells. The drink in Stan's hand drops. They try tackling each other. The crowd around us gets larger as I'm pushed around by screaming people.
"KYLE! STAN! STOP!" I see teachers running over but can't get through the crowd. Eric and Kenny push their way through and each hold back a boy.
"What the hell are you guys doing." Kenny holds back Stan who was still eager to hit Kyle.
"I knew you guys were stupid but not that fucking stupid." Eric holds back Kyle. Kyle seemed to have calmed down, but his nose started to bleed and Stan's mouth started to drip blood. I grab Kyle.
"What is wrong with you?" I yell at him.
"Don't yell at me it was Stan's fucking fault." He glances over at Stan.
"Woah woah woah." I look up and a teacher has finally found their way through the crowd and grabs Kyle. "Who started this."
"It was Stan."
"It was Kyle."
They both say at the same time.
"Well whoever it was, both of you are going to the office."
...
It was the last period of the day. I sat next to Kenny.
"Lunch was crazy today." He shakes his head.
"I know. Do you think they got suspended?" I stare down at my paper.
"Probably. Like what about homecoming?" Kenny thinks.
"Shit. They're so dumb." I sigh.
"Try texting Kyle or Stan." Kenny points at my phone.
"Yeah." I pick up my phone. Who should I even text first? I needed to ask my boyfriend what was going through his mind when he did that. Or if he can even go to homecoming. I also needed to text Stan. Why was Stan so mad at Kyle and why he kept calling him a 'shitty friend'. We also never finished our conversation.
I'll text my dumbass boyfriend.
Me: "Did you guys get suspended? Please tell me you didn't Kyle."
Kyle: "No."
"He said he didn't get suspended. That's weird." I tell Kenny.
"Well they're lucky." Kenny nods.
Me: "Really?"
Kyle: "Yeah. The principal said that we can go to homecoming because it was the first time we ever got in major trouble. But hopefully my parents will still even let me go out..."
Me: "You know, I'm mad at you."
Kyle: "(Y/n) i'm sorry. I can come over to tell you about what happened later."
Me: "Fine."
"Okay well, they can go to homecoming still." I put my phone down.
"Hm. Speaking of homecoming." Kenny sits up. "Bebe is having everyone go to her house for pictures and shit. Wanna go?"
"Are you sure? The guys are pissed at each other." I knew Kyle and Stan couldn't be in the same room as each other for a while.
"It'll be fine. They know better." Kenny scoffs.
"Well you better be right."
...
Kyle sat on the edge of my bed as I sit up on my bed.
"So. Tell me what happened."
"So long story short, during class Stan and I were talking about homecoming. Then he talked about how he confessed his feelings to you yesterday. I was already mad about it, but he kept repeating it over and over again. I just told him that he's a dumbass- I just kept spitting bullshit because I was jealous. Then after that we started arguing a little and he was mad I didn't support him." He sighs. "Then he kept telling me what he liked about you. That is what made me really mad. Because what he liked about you were also things I like about you." He looks down.
I wanted to ask him what Stan said, but I left it. I'm better off not knowing.
"For a second I was scared that you liked him back. Because then I thought about what you told me, about last night..." He looked up at me. "Do you like him back?"
"Kyle. Of course not."
I kiss his cheek. "You don't have to worry about me and Stan."
"Well I probably have to worry about Stan." He lays down. "I just want to go to homecoming with my girlfriend and have fun." He frowns.
Kyle never really got upset. It made me worried to see him sorrow. I rest my head on his chest. His heartbeat echoed in my ears. He runs his fingers through my hair. We lay there in silence for a while.
"Tomorrow before homecoming Bebe wants everyone to go to her house for pictures." I blurt.
"She invited you?" He asked, his fingers still running through my hair and massaging my scalp.
"Kenny told me. Do you wanna go?"
"Stan's gonna be there?"
"Kyle. Yes. Please don't start shit." I scold him.
"I won't."
...
I woke up and saw Kyle laying right beside me. It was homecoming day. I was really excited. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth before walking back in my room. I found Kyle still sleeping, and decided to let him sleep. I turn on my phone and see a message from my group chat with Nicole and Red.
Nicole: "Good morning girls! It's homecoming day!!!!"
Red: "U guys going to Bebe's be4 hoco?"
Me: "Good morning guys,"
Me: "I am. You guys?"
Nicole: "Yup! So is Token."
Red: "Same but w Kevin. Srry tht u dont have a date (y/n)."
Nicole: "Yeah, sorry (y/n). You sure you don't wanna go with David or something?"
Me: "I'm okay with third wheeling everybody."
Red: "I'm srry but can we talk about yesterdays fight? That was fking awesome."
Nicole: "It wasn't awesome. It was scary. What even happened?"
Red: "I heard they were fighting over a gurl."
Me: "Idk they haven't told me much."
Nicole: "Bummer! I really wanted to know."
Nicole: "Anyway see you girls later!"
Red: "L8ter gurls."
Me: "Later."
I put down my phone and notice Kyle sitting up, rubbing his eyes.
"Good morning." I smile. He looked so cute sleepy. I examine his face as the sun hits his face. His cuts and bruises looked better. "How you feeling?" I ask as he stretched.
"Fine. My nose hurts a bit." He checks his phone. "Fuck, my mom called. Let me take this." He stood up and stood out in the hallway.
I look down at my phone again, I got another text message.
Stan: "(y/n) , i'm sorry about yesterday. I was just really mad at Kyle. We never got to finish our conversation... can we talk at homecoming?"
Me: "That was really dumb of you Stan."
Stan: "Im sorry. We'll talk later."
Kyle walks back in. "Hey I have to go. My mom wants me to watch Ike while she goes shopping or something. I'll see you at Bebe's later?" He rushes to put on his shoes and put his jacket on.
"Yeah." I smile widely. "I can't wait to see your suit." I raise my eyebrows. Every couple matches for homecoming. We decided to match by both wearing all black. It didn't seem to suspicious.
He chuckles and kisses my forehead. I walk him to the door and watch him rush home.
...
Nicole and Red wanted to me to go over to Red's before we showed up at Bebe's.
I watch as Red steps out of her closet with her dress.
"What do you guys think?" She poses dramatically.
"It's super cute Red!" Nicole squeals.
"Yeah, it's really cute." I nod in agreement.
"I'm glad you guys like it. Hopefully Kevin will like it." She walks over to her mirror and fixes her hair.
"Speaking of dates." Nicole turns to me. "Please go with someone. Maybe try it with Clyde again?"
"No he's going with Lola." Red blurted.
"Maybe.." She thinks.
"Don't say David. He's just a friend to me. We didn't really click." I shake my head.
"Ugh. Fine." She starts putting on her heels.
"We should get going. I want to get lots of pictures."
We all finish up by adding any last details before we leave. Red lived close to Bebe so it was a short walk there.
...
I knock on the front door, Bebe opened the door.
"Hey girls! Come in." We all walked in and already there were a bunch of people here. I scan the room. Nicole runs over to Token and Red goes over by Kevin. I look around for the boys. I spot Kenny, Eric and Kyle. I walk over and smile.
"Hey guys. You guys look great." They did. Kenny doesn't own a lot of good clothes but he has a job now and buys a lot of his own things. He was well groomed also. Eric never wears nice clothes so it was a surprise to see him dressed up. He also finally put on some cologne, and you can really see that he's been loosing weight. Kyle had his poofy hair gelled back. It looked like it took him forever to put his curls in place. He also tried cleaning up his wounds to look presentable. His suit fit him well, I look him up and down and smile.
"You look so pretty." Kenny nudges me.
"Yeah, I never see you dressed up." Eric gives a weird look.
"I can say the same for you." I shrug.
"Don't listen to Cartman. You look gorgeous." Kyle nods. He eyes me up and down.
"Thanks." I look around and see all the couples. Nicole and Token, Red and Kevin, Craig and Tweek, Butters and Charlotte- who came all the way from Canada to be here, Clyde and Lola, Jimmy and Nancy, Kenny and Bebe, Eric and Tammy and Stan and Wendy. Everyone was taking pictures with their date. Kyle and I were the only single pair. Technically.
"Okay group photo everyone!" Bebe's mom yells. Everyone pairs up and each couple cuddles up. Kyle and I stood next to each other.
"Dude make a funny face." He whispers. We both stick our tongues out and make funny faces. We laugh quietly.
"Alright perfect!" Bebe's mom yells.
"Hoco time!" Bebe escorts us out the door and presents a limo, which was waiting for us.
"You got a limo?" I gasp.
"Yup. It might be a little cramped though." Bebe heads inside.
"There better be alcohol in there." Kenny chuckles. We all enter the limo. Some people sit on the floor. The limo was full of conversations and everyone was already having a good time. Soon everybody was singing to the music playing and taking a drink from the champagne bottle that was passing around. The ride was short of course because her house was not that far from school.
We all stepped off the limo and gazed at the school.
"Holy shit." Eric laughed as we walked up to the school.
"Dude I know." Kenny wraps his arm around Bebe.
We all enter in amazement. Kyle and I walk over to Eric, Tammy, Kenny, Bebe, Stan and Wendy.
"This is crazy." Bebe gasps. "Lets go dance!" She yanks Kenny to the dance floor and they start dancing.
"Let's join them!" Tammy says eagerly. Both her and Eric follow Bebe and Kenny and dance with them.
"Okay you guys need to talk." Wendy points at me, Stan and Kyle. "I'll just go join them. I'll see you out there." She kisses Stan on the cheek and walks off.
"She's right." I sigh. "You both need to make up, or at least explain what's been going on."
"I.." Stan takes a deep breath. "Okay. I've been feeling left out. You and Kyle hang out all the time. He didn't even tell me about his mystery girl. I still don't know...you guys are my best friends. Everything just feels different. I got jealous that you guys spent all this time together and even more when I realized I liked you (y/n)." He looks down at his feet.
"Stan. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel left out." I nudge Kyle. "Well we didn't mean to make you feel left you."
"Yeah ever since high school stared, you've always put Wendy first. We've all been feeling left out." Kyle sighs. "I'm sorry Stan. I shouldn't have been an asshole to you." He pulls Stan in for a hug.
"Get in here." Stan grabs my arm and pulls me into their hug. We all laugh and pull away. I smile at both of them.
"I know there's a lot of making up to do but let's just enjoy tonight with no drama." I look over at the dance floor. "Please? We can finish this up later. I love this song." I start to bounce as I lead them both to the dance floor. We all gather around everyone and dance. Stan steps away from Wendy to talk to me.
"Wait are we ever gonna talk about what I told you?" Again, Stan wants to finish our conversation. He really wanted an answer as to how I felt back. I glance at Wendy, who can't hear because of the blasting music.
"Let's also talk about that later. I promise." I go back to dancing and everyone is jumping up and down as the music blasts.
A few of us head to the punch table to catch our breath.
"You want some punch (y/n)?" Stan asks. I nod.
"I also want some punch Stan." Wendy groans.
"Oh yeah of course." He hands me my punch and hands Wendy punch.
"Oh god I keep sweating." I start to fan myself.
"Don't worry (y/n), you still look really good." He nudges me and winks.
"Shut up." I laugh. I wouldn't lie if I'd say Stan couldn't woo me. He was a flirty guy. I start to blush a bit. I try to ignore him and finish my punch.
"Wanna go dance now?" He smiles. He seemed to have gain a confidence. I liked it. I smile back at him as we run to the dance floor. Wendy stomps in and joins our circle. She glares at me as I dance with Stan. Wendy pushes in the crowd and starts to grind on Stan. I tried to ignore her obvious jealousy. I look around for Kyle. He ran off somewhere and promised he'd be back soon. After I finish my thought I feel someone grab my shoulders.
"(y/n)! Look." Kyle whispers. I turn around and see Eric kissing Tammy. I gasp.
"No way." I tap Stan to get his attention. "Dude look at Eric." We all look over and cheer. I glance at Wendy who looked glad I wasn't paying attention to Stan.
After a bit of dancing Kyle grabs my wrist and starts pulling me towards him. He smirks and leads me to the bleachers. We hide under the bleachers, one of our hiding spot. He pulls me in as soon as we're out of sight. He kisses me lightly.
"You look great." He wraps his arms around me.
"Thank you." I kiss him. "Sucks that we can't be like this out there." I sigh.
"Well. Why not?" He asks.
"Because we agree that it wou-"
"I know what we said. But what if we become exclusive?" He shrugs.
"But we are exclusive. You're my boyfriend." I feel his grip get tighter.
"Officially...like everyone knows we're exclusive. I don't want to hide anymore."
He rests his head on my forehead.
"Kyle.." I whisper. He was right. Maybe we shouldn't hide anymore. A part of me was scared to put my relationship out there- because what if something happened to us?
"You're right. Not right now. Maybe at the after party?" I was nervous. Definitely. But I'd be doing this for him. "I'm just scared."
"Don't be. They're our friends, they'll support us." He kisses me one more time and pulls away. "C'mon lets go."
He leads me back to the dance floor. A slow song played. We couldn't spot anyone, so we hid in the crowd of a bunch of upperclassmen. We giggled to ourselves as we wrapped each other inside a warm embrace. The music playing loudly in my ears, but the sound of his heartbeat was louder to me. His heartbeat always seemed to sooth me. I close my eyes as he sways me. His head rests in my neck as I feel him kiss my neck lightly. We continue to sway as I feel us get closer. It felt like it was just us as the music dies down. Our faces meet and he softly looks into my eyes.
"I love you." He says huskily. "I love you (y/n)." He smiles. My face heats.
"I love you Kyle." We both lean in and share a long kiss.
"What the fuck?"
We both jump and turn to Stan, Eric, and Kenny.
Kyle and I pull away.
"What.. is going on?" Stan yells. I freeze. I feel Kyle hesitate to move.
"See I fucking told you." Eric blurted out.
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask.
"Cartman told us you guys were together. I didn't believe it. How can you tell Cartman before us?" Stan angrily walks over.
"We didn't tell him." Kyle yells. "He found out."
"How'd you find out?" Stan asks Eric.
"I saw them kissing." Eric snitches.
"Wait how come were just finding out about this?" Kenny crosses his arms.
"Because.." I think, but I didn't know what to say.
"Because what?" Kenny asks. "Because you don't trust us?"
"No. It's not that. I didn't think you guys would support .. us." My words trail off as I see both of their faces full of anger. "We were gonna tell you." I grab Kyles hand.
"When? When you guys got married? What else are you guys hiding? Ew was she the one who sucked your-"
"Stan!" I stop him. "Yes. And we're sorry for not telling you guys."
"So were you guys together when I told you I liked you?" He asks. I stop.
"Wait Stan.. you like.. (y/n) ?" Eric asks. Everyone looks at Stan, then me, then Kyle.
"Yeah. That's why we got in that fucking fight." He yells.
"Dude you have a girlfriend." Kenny sighs.
"That's not the point. The point is that they've been hiding this forever."
"Stan it hasn't even been that long." Kyle sighs.
"Well how am I supposed to know? You guys have been secretive." Stan crosses his arms. "And Cartman knew- out of all people!" He yells.
"What are you guys fighting about now?" Wendy walks up to Stan. She's followed by Bebe, Red, and Nicole.
"Stan likes (y/n)." Kyle blurts out.
"Kyle.." I let go of his hand.
"Fuck you Kyle. (y/n) gave Kyle a blowjob."
"Stan I already knew about them, and don't want to know what they're doing." She shakes her head. "But care to explain what Kyle means by 'Stan likes (y/n)'?"
Wendy pushes him.
"Wait you knew about them? You didn't tell me?"
"I thought they told you." Wendy and Stan argue.
"Wait (y/n) you did what?" Nicole asks.
"Apparently no on knew about you guys." Kenny rolls his eyes.
"Is that why you guys fucking fought? Over (y/n)?" Red scoffs.
"You guys haven't said much." Eric chuckles. He and everyone could see our discomfort. We were caught, and had no explanation for hiding our relationship. "You guys had a lot to say before we showed up. He continued to bicker.
"Shut up fatass." Kyle yells.
"What did you say exactly Kyle? 'I love you'?" Eric mocks his voice. I grab Kyle to stop him from hitting Eric. He promised he wouldn't get in trouble.
"Kyle, don't." I whispered.
"So you've been lying to all of us?" Kenny looks up.
"No- I mean, yes, but we didn't think it would be a big deal." I keep my grip on Kyle. My eyes felt as if they were about to tear up.
"This is a big deal! My friends, are together. I would've wanted to know." Stan watches as Wendy walks away angrily. "I don't even care anymore." Everyone walks away as Stan stands there quietly.
"I really like you (y/n). I thought.." He shakes his head. "Whatever, you guys have fun." He walks away. The song ends and the room stays silent for a second before the next song plays.
"Stan.." I whisper. "Fuck." I look up at Kyle. His face was full of different emotions. "Kyle?"
"Let's just go to my house." He sighs.
"Wait are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" I look over and see everyone crowded around each other, whispering and glancing at us.
"Lets talk about it outside." He grabs my hand and gives it a tight squeeze. We walk out. Once we're outside he takes off his jacket and offers it to me.
"Are you sure you won't be cold?" He shakes his head. I put on his jacket.
"Fuck." He groans. "The hell are we gonna do?" I hear him sigh.
"I don't know. I bet they all hate us now." This is what we were both afraid of. Everyone turned against us. We were both so nervous for their approval that we ended up waiting too long to get it, and we're probably too late to get it.
Now I'm just afraid that this will affect my relationship with everyone. Especially Kyle.
"Kyle?" I look up at him.
"Yes?" He wraps his arm around me.
"What's gonna happen now? To us." I stutter.
"Nothing's gonna happen to us (y/n). I promise."