| Chapter 16 |

•your pov•

I throw my backpack on the floor.
"You're grounded." Mom shakes her head.
"What? I didn't even do anything." I complain.
"You almost got into a fight today. You have a boyfriend? What's going on." She crosses her arms.
"I thought you knew that." I sigh.
"Even if I did, this boy isn't a good influence."
"Mom don't say that. Kyle is a good ki-"
"That's enough. Give me your phone, I have to go back to work." Mom had to get out of work to pick me up and she wasn't happy about that.
I hand her my phone and she walks off.
After the fight everyone was sent home. I felt bad because Kenny didn't have anything to do with anything and he still got in trouble. Everyone involved got a 2 day suspension plus 1 day on in school suspension when we got back, which was very over exaggerated but they wanted to give us all our very needed space.
So now I was stuck at home with no phone, no boyfriend, or no friends. I walk down to the kitchen and search around for snacks.
As I munch on some snacks, I hear a thumping sound from the kitchen window. I look out and see Stan throwing pebbles at my window. I open the window.
"What the hell Stan?" I yell.
"I wanted to get your attention."
"I have a doorbell."
"Fair." He walks up to the window. "Wanna go for a walk?" He shrugs. I look around. The day hadn't ended, it seemed like a perfect time to go on a walk.
"I'm grounded." I cross my arms.
"It's not like you ask to go out anyway." He blows a raspberry.
"True." I trail off and look back at the front door- almost expecting my mom to burst through. "Let me get my coat."
I grab my coat quickly and we start our walk.
"Did you want to talk about something?" I ask as we walk side by side.
"Yeah, there's a lot to talk about." He sighs. "Wendy wants to get back together." He lets out another sigh. He was clearly upset.
"Are you going to get back together?" I slip my hands into my coat pockets.
"No. I just think she feels threatened by you." He nudges me.
"She shouldn't be." I look up from the ground at him.
"Really? Not even a little bit?" He frowns.
"Stan. I'm with Kyle." I look back down at the ground. "You know this."
We both slow down as we approach the park. There wasn't anyone here since everyone was still at school. We sit at a random bench. It's quiet for a moment.
"Do you love him?" He blurts. We make sudden eye contact. His blue eyes piercing brightly.
"Yes." I say without hesitation.
"Why him?" He shrugs. "Why not me?"
"Stan." I say offended. "There's a lot of reasons."
"Ouch." He inhales sharply.
"Not like that." I sigh. I didn't want to give Stan anymore reasons to feel cocky about himself or even give him any ideas about how I feel about him, but I blurted. "You're good looking Stan." I say, questioning it a bit. He was good looking, and the compliment caught his attention.
"Really?" He smiles brightly.
"Yeah. You're cool and all, but it's different with Kyle." I study his face. "It's hard to explain." I shake my head. "Why can't a guy and a girl just ever be friends." I throw my head into my hands. I shouldn't have said that last part but I couldn't see myself falling in love with Stan. A part of me knew Stan and I didn't belong together.
"Well, how come you fell in love with him instead of me? Do you think it could've been the other way around?" He scoots closer.
"Maybe?" I throw my arms up. "I don't know Stan. My relationship with Kyle was always different from ours."
The difference between Kyle and Stan, was that one of them always looked out for me. The other treated me like one of the other guys.
"You've always treated me like a friend Stan. All this," I pause. "Flirting.. came out of nowhere."
"So you're saying that the reason you and Kyle got together is because he flirted with you and I didn't?" Stan questions.
I shake my head. My point wasn't coming across the way I wanted it to.
"Stan, no. It's just that." I stutter and trip over my words. "Ugh." I sigh.
"It was just little things that Kyle did that really caught my attention. You know, that's how you develop crushes." I pause. I look down at my charm bracelet. "See, this." I show him. "He started giving me charms for every little occasion, he still does it. And before school started he told me that he was ready for highschool as long as I was by his side." I smile. Kyle had always been there for me, ever since we met. I was still pissed at him but even then I couldn't help but love him even more.
Stan places his hand on my thigh. "I've always been by your side." I look down at his hand. Not knowing how to react.
"We don't need to compare." I brush his hand off my thigh.
"I don't know what to do anymore." He sighs and hangs his head. "I can't go back to Wendy."
"You don't have to go back to her. You can find someone that you're meant for." I nod my head.
"I already found her." He looks up at me.
"Stan." I whisper.
Hearing him say that hurt. He really wanted this to happen, but it couldn't. I could see his eyes tear up.
Suddenly he grabs my face and pulls it close to his. His lips touch mine. I place my hands on his chest and push him slightly, but he still held onto my face.
"Stan what the fuck?" I say in shock, our faces still inches apart.
"Stan? (Y/n)?" We both hear a voice call out. He finally lets go of my face and we both turn to the voice.
It was Kyle.