| Chapter 18 |

•your pov•

*2 years later*

Junior year was tomorrow. The summer had gone by quickly. I look down at my phone.
Kyle: "I'm outside."
I head downstairs, outside was Kyle in his mom's car.
During the summer he started taking driving lessons and had his permit. Technically he wasn't allowed to drive without a parent but he didn't care about that. I hop inside the car and greet Kyle with a kiss.
"Let's go." I fasten my seatbelt.
We drove down to Stark's Pond, we went there a lot.
When we arrive, he brings out a large blanket to lay down on the ground. He sets down two small bags of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches he made. I laugh as he sets a bag of chips in the center.
"Sorry I don't know how to cook." He smiles. We sit down and look around at the scenery. I never got tired of the view here.
"Wow. We start junior year tomorrow." He chews his sandwich. "Feels like yesterday we were just going to high school for the first time." He sighs.
"Funny that we were at Stark's Pond the day before freshmen year also." I look down at my sandwich. This was nice, but it was worlds away from last year. I didn't know how to feel.
"Yeah.." He mumbles.
We never really talked about them, or even about what happened with the boys. I think we're fine without them.
"Speaking of freshmen year." He clears his throat. "That's when we started dating."
"Yeah I know." I roll my eyes sarcastically.
"Okay whatever." He chuckles. I join. "What I'm trying to say is.." He grabs my hands and intertwines our fingers together. "I love you." He smiles sweetly. Before I could respond he shifts his body.
"I want to give you this." He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a box. The box was small, but I was intrigued.
"Kyle.." I mumble. "If you keep giving me charms, eventually this bracelet will become an anchor." I look down at it.
"No-" He stops to laugh. "It's something else." He opens the box. Inside was a small ring gold ring, in the middle was a small diamond accompanied by small emeralds on both sides. The emerald was blinding, similar to Kyle's eyes. I look up at him, his eyes almost just as bright as the emerald.
"It's a promise ring." He smiles shyly.
"No.." I say in disbelief and shock. It was absolutely stunning, and I wasn't worthy of it. "How much did this cost Kyle?" I ask as I examine the ring closer.
"Don't worry about it. You're worth it." He kisses my hand as he continues to hold it. "(Y/n)." He says. I look up at him.
"I want this ring to show my commitment. I promise to stay committed to us. I love you, and I want to continue loving you. I promise to love you, no matter what. Always." He clears his throat. I could feel my face start to blush.
"This.. is so sweet." I watch as he grabs the ring and slips it delicately on my finger.
"Thank you baby." I hug him tightly. "I love you." For a second we stay in our embrace. I hear him sigh and I pull away.
"Are you ready for tomorrow?" He grabs my hand.
"Not really."
After my fight with Stan we all avoided each other for the rest of the school year. The atmosphere at school started to feel uneasy. Kyle and I found some friends to sit with but most days it was always just him and I. We grew closer because he was the last person I had.
My other friends like Nicole and Red also avoided me, which hurt the most.
After freshmen year we also never spoke during the summer- that's when I knew my friendships were over. Again, Kyle and I spent the whole summer together.
Sophomore year was hectic to say the least. One saturday, I was invited to a party. Later I found out that it was a birthday party for Token, which wouldn't have been a problem but since Nicole was there she obviously didn't want me there. Kyle and I left early.
That was just one example of many socially awkward moments that year.
This summer I went on a vacation with Kyle and his family for a whole month. I really enjoyed it and got closer with his family. We came back and had almost completely forgotten about all of our old friends. I didn't think things were going to get better anytime soon, and I was okay with that. I think. I knew that as long as I was with Kyle then everything would be alright.
"I get it." We sit in silence for a while. Enjoying the moment. I look back down at my ring.
"I love the ring by the way." I kiss his shoulder.
"Next, engagement ring." He chuckles. I shove him. 
"We got a long time till that." I laugh.
"Yeah.." He sighs. In the distance we both view the other couple that stood in front of the pond.
"They're cute." I smile. The girl turns and I get a better look. It was Jenny Simmons.
"That's Jenny.." I trail off. "I didn't know she had a boyfriend." I watch as the boy wraps her arms around him.
"Aren't you guys friends?" Kyle asks.
"No.. Not really." I look over again and watch a dog run by the boys side. The dog spots us and starts wagging it's tail. It runs over and I jump slightly. It was Sparky. Stan's dog.
"Sparky?" I pet him on the head and look over at Kyle. He was looking up as the owner of Sparky walks over.
"Hey. Sorry about my do-" Stan pauses as he realized that it was us who Sparky ran up to.
"Oh. Kyle..(Y/n) .." He shyly puts his hands into his pockets.
"Hey Stan." I say quietly. I nudge Kyle, he clears his throat.
"Hey." He says quickly.
"I didn't know you were dating Jenny." I blurt nervously.
"Yeah.. we started dating a few months ago." He turns around as he looks at her. She was taking selfies in front of the lake, completely oblivious to what was happening.
"You guys are still dating I see." He glances at the picnic we had set up. I watch as he notices the empty ring box opened besides us. I nervously cover my right hand, right were the ring was.
"Yeah." I say nervously.
"I mean I'm not shocked I see you guys together all the time." He looks at us both. "I'm happy for you guys." I look into his eyes. It's been such a long time since I've looked him in the eyes. He hadn't changed much from when I lost saw him, but he had gotten taller and could tell he had been working on his figure. His features- like his jaw was more defined. I studied him, my eyes felt as if they were looking at something new and I couldn't look away. I missed Stan. He was my best friend and one day he stopped being that.
"Thanks man." Kyle nods.
"No problem." He coughs. "Um. Take care you guys. Cmon Sparky." He walks off and takes Sparky with him.
I continue to watch him walk away.
"I know." Kyle sighs. "It feels weird to even see him, he looks so different." Kyle looks over at me.
"I thought he would go back to Wendy." I shake my head. I was still hurt from our last interaction, he told me that he wanted to find someone who was meant for him. Maybe he found her? I was happy for him.
"Now I wonder how the other guys are doing.." Kyle grabs my hand.
"Yeah.. me too."
We both cleaned up our picnic and Kyle drove us back to his house.
Entering the house, I was greeted by Ike.
"Hey (y/n)." He looks up from his phone.
"Hey Ike." I step out of my shoes.
"Ike, where's Mom and Dad?"
"It's date night." Ike rolls his eyes.
"Ew, okay." Kyle throws the car keys on the dining table. "We're going to my room." He starts his way upstairs and I follow him.
"Do you want to take a nap?" He yawns.
"Kyle I have to get my stuff ready for school tomorrow." I groan.
"I know but we start at 11:00 anyway. Please?" He begs. Then he threw himself on his bed.
"Fine just like an hour." I stretched my body before plopping next to him.
His arms and legs wrap around me as I face him. Our faces inches apart.
"You look so beautiful." He whispers.
"Go to sleep." I stick my tongue out. He squishes my body as he brings himself closer to me.
I close my eyes and start to drift off slowly.