Chapter 6

Bjorn called the cab and he and Agnetha headed to the airport. In the cab Agnetha tried to keep a distance from Bjorn, she felt ashamed.  He was a married man and what they've done was unacceptable.

Bjorn sat closer to her, grabbed her hand and kissed it.

-Please, baby, don't be so moody. Last night was unforgettable-he whispered in her ear.

-No, no, no! We should forget it! It never should have happened in the first place!

-But it was so good. After all these years, I finally felt the sparkle that makes my living worth. Tell me, you didn't feel this way! Look into my eyes and tell me, Anna!

-You're a married man, Bjorn. The only woman you should have those feeling with us Lena.-Agnetha looked at him with tears in her eyes.-It was our destiny. The universe wanted us to be apart-she whispered.

-What if I tell you, that someone stole out letters? Will you still think that it was destiny?

-What? Who stole our letters?-Agnetha looked at him shocked.

-I have a suspicion that it was Lena.

-How do you know that?

-I just feel it, she was the one who took my letters to the mailbox on the first day I wrote it for you and from then on she took care of mails...

-Did you talk to her?

-No, I didn't, she will deny it. I'll find a prove first.- the cab stopped, they went into the airport and hurried to the checkout.

When they got only the plane, they found places that were next to each other and sat. Agnetha was feeling anxious from the plane and everything that have happened in these two days. Bjorn grabbed her hand, as he always did before the plane took off.

-I'm here, Anna, don't worry.- Agnetha did her breathing exercises to calm down.

-Why? Why did she do it? If she knew that you loved me, why did she want to live in the lie?

-Because she's selfish, Anna. She took away our lives.-Bjorn looked in Agnetha's eyes- you know, she never cared for me as you did, never wanted to know how I was feeling. I'm the one to blame for letting you go, I should have stepped up for us.- He had tears in his eyes. Agnetha couldn't resist seeing the man she loved so devastated and hugged him.

-No, don't talk like this. She's the one to blame, she robbed us! We'll get through this together. - Bjorn looked in her eyes and tried to kiss her but Agnetha backed up.

-They'll recognize, love. - said she.

-Okay, okay. When we get to Stockholm, I'm planning to search the whole apartment. Maybe she's still keeping the letters.

-I don't think that she is, she's not that stupid to keep the evidence.

-No, she keeps everything, every old crap. She has her old apartment for these kinds of things. - Bjorn's eyes widened, he remembered something brilliant - of course, her old apartment, she always goes there when she wants to be alone.

-Do you have the keys of that apartment?

-She keeps them in her drawer, I think. How long are you going to stay in Stockholm, Anna?

-I was planning on returning today.

-I thought, you would stay for a day or two and help me to look for the letters, and we could, also, you know...- Bjorn looked at Agnetha and winked.

-We are not doing anything, Bjorn- Agnetha rolled her eyes and looked away from him- we're not even sure that Lena is to blame.

-I am sure, I know that it was her who stole our love and life. It doesn't matter if I find those letters or not, I'm not gonna continue living in lie. -Bjorn held Agnetha's hand. He caressed her face- Ah, how I want to kiss you.

-Not here Bjorn.

-So, you're implying, that you'll stay in Stockholm for me to kiss you?

-No, Bjorn, I have to go home. What will I say to Christian? He will be curious about my sudden change of plans.

-Don't say anything to him. Stay with me.

-Have you lost your mind?! I can't stay at the place where you live with Lena.

-You're right. I totally understand.- Agnetha closed her eyes and they sat in silence for couple of minutes.

Agnetha had her head on Bjorn's shoulder, he thought she was sleeping and whispered to her:
-I really love you, Anna... With all of my heart.

Agnetha didn't answer anything.

After half an hour they arrived in Stockholm. Bjorn insisted to help her to get to the taxi.
-Let me know what you find out about the letters.-said Agnetha while getting into the cab.
-I'll call you-said Bjorn and waited for the taxi to go.

In about 40 minutes both of them arrive at their homes. Bjorn tried to concentrate on finding the letters and started digging into Lena's stuff.

Meanwhile, on her way home, all that Agnetha could think of was Bjorn. She entered the house and, instantly, felt extremely lonely. She went to the kitchen and made tea, tried to think of something else, but images from the night before passed through her head. God, she felt so alive, even though it was forbidden... She needed to do something, she couldn't let her love slip through her fingers as it did 30 years ago. She wanted to kiss him so badly, she couldn't control herself. Agnetha sat there for a while, thinking over her feelings. After 20 minutes she was interrupted by a call. It was Bjorn, he was checking on her.

-Anna, did you get home safely?-there was no response from her. -Anna!-he repeated.

-Yes, Bjorn, I got safely.-answered with a trembling voice.

-Are you okay?

-I'm all right. Are you at home too?

-Yes, I am, I'm checking Lena's stuff.

-Okay, good luck.-answered Agnetha and hung up the phone, then got up taking her purse and ran out of the house.

-You stupid woman, you're falling for him again!-she exclaimed and went to the car. 

She drove to Stockholm to Bjorn's apartment, not being sure of what she was doing, but she was, certainly, sure of what she wanted and she was going to get it.