Caitlyn Vanders: The Sorting Ceremony

(Up there is some music to listen to while reading)

Hogsmeade Station was packed with Hogwarts Students. Caitlyn couldn't wait for the Sorting Ceremony to start. She really hoped that Chase & James would get sorted into Gryffindor.

*

Professor Mcgonagall had just finished giving her speech. Professor Longbottom, Head Of Gryffindor, arrived with the Sorting Hat. The Hat sang it's song.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

One by one, students were sorted.

Abbot, Lilyana.

Ravenclaw!

Bulstrode, Carrie.

Slytherin!

James, Turner

Gryffindor!

Rivers, Devin

Gryffindor!

Anderson, Liam

Ravenclaw!

Vanders, Chase.

Chase slowly set down. Professor Longbottom placed the Sorting Hat on his head. After 10 seconds, the Sorting Hat said "Huff-Syc! Gryffindor!" Chase breathed with relief. "Looks like the Sorting Hat's picked up some style!" Commented Professor Longbottom. "I have! I did that instead of inventing a new song! The one you heard is old!" The Sorting Hat Replied.

Yaxley, Rosa.

Hufflepuff!

The Sorting Ceremony ended. 

*

Caitlyn was so happy that James & Chase were sorted into Gryffindor. Their Head Of House, Professor Longbottom, gave them a warm welcome. "To those who have walked the halls of The Gryffindor Common Room, welcome back. To those who this room is unfamiliar to, welcome to Gryffindor House." He had announced.

*

Caitlyn was playing Chess with Brittany. Brittany had won. "Yes! I finally won!" Brittany exclaimed. "Ha ha, mission accomplished. Teased Caitlyn back. "Anyways, are you going to try out for the Quidditch Team this year?" Asked Brittany. Cara & Kyrene were two of the Gryffindor Chasers last year & Caitlyn was pretty sure they were going to make the team again. "I dunno, we'll see." Replied Caitlyn. "If you do, what position would you try for?" Asked Brittany. "Maybe... Beater?" Replied Caitlyn. "Right! I saw you playing Beater when me & Kyrene came to your house for a week!" You were awesome!" Commented Brittany. "Thanks." Replied Caitlyn shyly. She wasn't exactly the Quidditch type of person, but she was really good at Beater. She had figured this out when she was 4, & she had taken Dad's Beater Bat & smacked a Garden Gnome like a Bludger. The result was that Mom, who was flying on her Broomstick, was knocked off & the Garden Gnome gave her a bite. Chase was good at Quidditch too, but as Keeper. Chase had only let in the Quaffle 11 times in his whole life. All those times had been Cara's shots. The last time they had played Quidditch, over the Summer, Cara threw the Quaffle so hard that Chase's Broomstick broke. That's why he bought his new Firebolt 1008. "Hello? Earth to Caitlyn?" Brittany questioned. "Oh, yeah sorry. I was lost in my thoughts." Replied Caitlyn. "No worries. It happens." Added Brittany. "We should get to bed. Quidditch Tryouts tomorrow." Remarked Brittany. "Night" Replied Caitlyn. They went to sleep.