Are family

It's been about 13 years since the second Wizarding War. Harry and I are now 31 and married. 13 years since his scar has hurt. 13 years of him not worrying about dying.

"Papa! Freddie's trying to attack me!" James says loudly. "Freddie..." I said still tired. I sat up and James jumped onto Harry's and my bed hiding behind me. "He wouldn't stop trying to get into Lily's room! I had to so he doesn't wake her up and we get a grumpy Lily!" Freddie said. "Shhh! Daddy's still trying to sleep." Harry was still sleeping in my lap. "No attacking each other, no entering Lily's bedroom, James." I look at him. "And I'll go make breakfast soon alright?" I sighed. "Okay papa!" James jumped off the bed and ran with Freddie to their room. I do still miss my brother Fred very much... He died in the second Wizarding War. George was depressed for months and later thought he would want Fred happy so he opened back up a little.

"What time is it honey?" I hear Harry mumble. "6:27... sorry the boys woke you up again." I said to my husband. "James was about to wake up Lily again wasn't he? And Freddie was going to attack him if he were to even touch her door?" Harry questions reaching for his glasses. "Wait... Dammit James, I think he took your glasses again when he jumped off the bed." I sighed annoyed. "He does really act like my dad like how Remus and Sirius explained him to me..." Harry sighs smiling. "James Sirius Potter! Come here!" I yell out. James walks in looking guilty. "James, did you take my glasses? And don't lie please, I need them so I can see you, Papa, Freddie, and Lily." Harry said to James. "I didn't take them Daddy. I swear." He looks around the ground, I think he might have knocked them over. "I accidentally knocked them to the ground. I'm sorry Daddy." James picks up Harry's glasses and gives the to him. Harry puts on his glasses and hugs James. "It's okay, you're not in trouble or anything. Now go along and back to where Papa told you to go or do." "Okay Daddy!" James runs off again. Harry sighs and I hug him from behind. "Something wrong love?" I ask. "James and Freddie are a hand full... I'm glad we have Lily, she helps a lot during her summer, winter, and Easter breaks." 

I kiss his forehead. "Those boys wake us up way to early..." I yawn. "Because of James mainly... Always wanting to get back at his older sister.  And Freddie looks up to her proudly and hates it when she's grumpy." He laughs a little. "I still love this one tattoo you did." I point at my chest. It shows a werewolf in the middle with the name 'Harry Potter' above it, a snowy owl flying with the name 'Hermione Granger' above it, and a grey dog standing proudly by the werewolf with the name 'Ron Potter' above it. And above all of that, it states, 'The Golden Tro'. "I think it's awesome that you even thought of it..." I said hugging him close again. 

Then, Lily comes into are room. She looks dazed. "What's the matter sweetie?" Harry asks getting out the bed going up to her. "Nightmares... About you, pa, Fred, and James... Leaving me alone..." she mumbles tears in her eyes. I go up to her myself, "Angle, we wouldn't just leave like that. We would never want to leave you all by yourself." I told her. She hugs me and hug her back. "I love you Da and Pa." She said getting out are hug. "I have something for you since it's your 12th birthday." Harry goes into are closet. "You Dad surprises me with a lot of things Lil. I have no idea what this is really." I sit down on are bed waiting myself. Lily sits in my study chair. 

After a few minutes, Harry comes back in with a small, black box. "This was my mother's... Her name was Lily also. She got this for her birthday one year from my father." He hands the box to Lily. She opens it to find a gold necklace with the letter, 'L' carved in the middle. "It's a locket... Open it." Lily opens the locket and finds a family photo of us. Freddie when he was four and James when he was two. And another photo of her with Harry and I. I think she was about 4 or 5. "Thank you Dad." She said hugging Harry. "You also got your exception letter for second year." Harry said smiling. "You and I are going to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get your school things but today, we're celebrating your birthday." "I'm going to make breakfast for the boys, then a special one for you sweetheart." I said to Lily. "Also, there's a surprise on your desk." I said leaving to make breakfast for James and Freddie. 

After the boys ate their egg, sausage, and strawberries, I went to see what Lily was doing. And I see her nose in the book I got her for her birthday. "Let me guess... Already half way done with that book?" I say out the blue. She peaks her head over the book smiling nervously. "Like you grandfather's best mate... Always had his nose in a book. Aunt Hermione too." I said. She marked her page, got up, and walked over to me. "Thanks Pa for the new book." She said hugging me. She grew tall fast like me so she was already the height of my shoulder, which is taller than Harry. I hugged her back. "What kind of breakfast do you want?" I ask after she started to walk back to her book. "The usual Pa. Unless we have blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and kiwi than a fruit salad." She said very happily. 

I made Lily her fruit salad when Harry came into the kitchen. "Hey babe..." Harry yawns. It was only 6:54 in the morning. "I have a special breakfast for you Harry so don't go making yourself some breakfast." I said caressing his cheek. He smiled and pecked my lips with his. I kissed his forehead in return.

After I make Harry his breakfast and all, I go and check on the boys. And of course, James has his sister's tie and tied it around his head acting like the five year old he is. "James..." I sighed at the door way. "Papa!" Freddie says dropping his book and running to me. "What did I say about taking your sister's ties and doing things like this with them?" I said making a serious face. "It's fun Papa..." He said childish. 

Just them I feel someone hug me from behind and I accidentally say, "Holy shit." Because I got startled. "Ronald!" I hear Harry say from the kitchen. "Sorry babe! Lily just scared me that's all." I sighed. "Don't repeat that or Daddy's going to kill me." I gave James the look. Lily started to braid my hair, again. Freddie tried getting Lily's tie back from James which ends up as a chase down after one another. "Freddie! James!" I yell. Freddie stops immediately, looking a little scared. James slides on the ground with his socks on, also looking scared. "No running in the house like Daddy said to beginning with. Second, James, give Lily back her tie now." I wasn't joking or messing around. They did as they were told them they both said, "Sorry Papa for making you yell..." I sighed. "Just don't make me mad this early in the morning okay?" I said to them, Lily still braiding my hair. "Okay papa." They said. I leaned head against the wall while sitting on the ground, slowly falling asleep.

*Harry's P.O.V.* 

I walk over towards James's and Freddie's room to find Lily braiding Ron's hair, both Freddie and James passed out in there beds, and when I go to sit infront of Ron, he's fast asleep. I laugh a little when I see Ron asleep. I kiss his forehead. And then I put the boys in their correct beds and tuck them in. And then I just sit by Lily, watching her braid her dad's hair when he's asleep. "Happy birthday Lil..." I say to my little girl. "And almost done. Da, do you know this spell to-" "To tie all the hair together making it perfect? Yes, you're not the only one who messes with your Pa's hair you know." I finished her sentence answering it also. I cases the spell and now Ron's hair looks like a flower crown. 

I love you Ronald Bilius Potter...

I love you Harry James Potter...