𝐱𝐢, through the dark

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 ❪ xi. through the dark ❫

DRESSED IN SOME jeans and a tour hoodie, gypsy lounged against one of the sofa's backstage, scrolling through her phone. she aimlessly scrolled between multiple different apps at a time, showing sarah things that she finds amusing at different points.

harry was getting changed in another room, today a black suit adorned his figure and seemed to just make him look the absolute best. she didn't want to say that he looked good, but he certainly did.

soon enough, all of chasm had joined gypsy in the room, apart from the main man himself. the nicks girl didn't want to say that she was waiting for him, but the tug of her heartstrings every time the door opened just gave her a different opinion.

it wasn't as though the girl was just going to confess her everlasting love towards the man, but she didn't know what she was going to do. she couldn't spend another night sharing a hotel room with him to listen to him messaging camille and laughing towards his phone, or when she comes out of the shower for them to be on facetime and see him the happiest she's ever seen him.

she's happy for him, she knows she is. but, sometimes, she just wishes that it was her instead of camille.

"what're you up to?" she hears his voice before she feels him next to her. she looks over at him as he sits down, looking over at her phone as she scrolls through twitter.

"just looking at what everyone said about florida," she says, and he nods, watching her finger as she scrolls through her timeline, the two of them laughing whenever something truly funny came up.

"c'mon, i have a show to put on and you have a show to watch," he says, standing up and holding his hands out for her grab. she groans and sinks further down into her seat, not wanting to move really. travelling is really tiresome on anyone, but when you're doing it so often, you're bodies fatigue catches up on you.

after another groan, and after a couple of seconds of being under harry's strong glare, she grabs his hands and stands up, immediately drooping against his body. his brown-suit clad chest chuckles as she wraps her arms around him and presses her cheek against his chest.

"c'mon dude, i've got a show to put on," he says and she giggles, standing up and linking her arms with his, laughing and walking through the corridors to the stage entrance.

"good luck, h, you'll do amazingly," she says, tapping his cheek twice before walking towards the side of the stage, where the tech team stand and watch from the sidelines.

the music starts, and the entire crowd screams and the nicks girl can't help the smile that adorns on her face. she giggles and starts to sing along to the song, unable to contain the buzzing in her chest whilst watching her best friend prance around the stage.

whilst he's singing just a little bit of your heart, gypsy's eyes start to water, and her chest tightens at the sight. she doesn't want to cry, and she knows that's few fans have spotted her from the crowd because she waved at them. she wipes her ears with the sleeves of her hoodie and hopes that nothing else with set her off.

with harry's movement to the b-stage, and having both sweet creature and if i could fly one after the other and she's completely gone, tears streaming down her face. she feels a hand on her shoulder and she turns to see jeff stood there with a sad smile on his face. she sadly smiles at him and he sympathetically smiles at her and wraps an arms around her shoulder. she wipes her tears on her sleeve yet again and from the screams, she realises that harry's on his way back to the main stage. she gives jeff one more hug and walks forward again so that she can watch properly.

sighing, she watches as he continues singing, the entire arena feeling like it's about to lift off. she smiles and starts to sway, singing along. if someone was to look at her eyes, they would know that she'd been crying but she hopes by the end of the night it won't and she won't have to deal with harry's concerned and questioning glances.

harry comes running off the stage and she manages to make her way backstage just as harry's coming back from his bathroom break. he smiles at her, quickly throwing his arms around her and kissing her cheek before bouncing away from her and back towards the stage. she miles and watches him bounce away and to stop the tears from spilling, she turns and walks towards the green room she was sat in before.

she pulls out her phone and starts to scroll through instagram, smiling at certain things, wincing at others. she comments on a few of her friends posts, making sure that everything was okay with a few of them before shutting it off and laying down.

she was feeling low, and she knew that when the band came off stage they would be on the adrenaline high that they are always on. she could hear them before she sees them, and she sits up to make sure that she seems more put together than she certainly is.

sarah and mitch bounce through the door first and sarah smiles as soon as she sees the girl curled up in the corner of the sofa. she bounced over to gypsy and sat down next to her, immediately grabbing her hands. the two girls lean against each other. sarah was one of gypsy closest friends in harry's team, she loved all of them, but sarah and mitch were the closest evidentially to gypsy and harry friendship wise.

sarah looks down at the younger girl and she knows that something isn't right, but she doesn't want to push. she just lets the girl rest her head on her shoulder. she knows that it's something to do with harry, because it's always something to do with harry whenever she's upset but if it's because of what sarah thinks it is, she has to allow the girl to figure it out on her own.

sarah sadly smiles at the girl when she stands up, saying that she's going to go see harry and she nods and let's go of her arms. she smiles back and walks into the room, knowing that something is going on within the nicks girls head, but she just didn't know how to help them.

smiling, she walks into harry's dressing room, her heart almost breaking when she realises that he's on the phone to camille. she smiles at him and sits on his sofa and tries to distract herself with her phone, scrolling through twitter, catching up on everything the fans were saying about harry's concert, trying to ignore the aching in her chest as she listens to him talk on the phone.

she hated that it was affecting her so much. she always knew that the feelings she had weren't always strictly platonic and she thought that maybe she would work on them, but the camille stepped into the picture and she had to go back to being his friend, but she knew it would be hard, she just didn't realise it was going to be this hard.

she had tried putting on a brave face, not truly showing how this is all affecting her but she truly had no idea how long she could last still doing this.

but for now, after he bids goodbye to camille on the phone, she smiles and looks up at him, and she knows she just has to be his best friend.