𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢, ever since new york

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 ❪ xviii. ever since new york ❫

ESMÉ AND GYSPY were lounged out on the large sofa, gypsy's head laid peacefully upon emsé's lap, the french contently running her fingers through gypsy's knotted purple locks. gypsy doesn't believe she's ever been so content than she is right now — sat in her home with esmé by her side. she looked up at the french girl in front of her and leaned up with her lips pursed together. esmé smiles and leans down, pressing her lips against gypsy's and the nicks girl can't help but smile into the kiss.

gypsy moves and sits up, moving so that she can pull esmé to sit in her lap, the french girl smiling at her as she does so, "je t'aime plus que les mots ne peuvent l'expliquer," and then, gypsy can't even help the smile she has due to esmé's words. (i love you more than words can explain)

"i love you even more, mon amour," gypsy spoke, leaning even closer to the girl, placing a kiss onto her lips. things escalate, quicker than both the girls expect it too, but, they aren't complaining. gypsy starts kissing down esmé's neck when the doorbell rings and the two girls pull away from each other with a groan.

"non, mon amour, ne reste pas ici," esmé's voice is quiet but stern, and when she places another kiss to gypsy's lips she's almost pulled back in but the nick's girl knows that she need to got open the door. (no, my love, no stay here)

"i'll be two minutes, i promise," gypsy says, "two minutes," placing one last chaste kiss to esmé's lips and standing.

the french girl smiles, running a hand through her short hair, and watches as gypsy tries to calm the mess on her head and bounce towards the door. she fumbles with the keys quickly, before opening the door.

once she does, she feels all of the air escape from her body.

"harry. . ." she says, not knowing whether to smile or to scream or to cry. at the present, she mostly wants to cry, and she can already feel tears beginning to brew, "what are you doing here?"

"i-i came to see your mum," he says, and she doesn't know what to do. it's as though someone has just punched her in the guts, and she doesn't know how to speak. her throat feels dry and coarse, but her eyes are filling up more than she wants to admit. she couldn't believe that after a year he was stood in front of her. she really didn't know how to act.

"she'll not be awake for another hour, and then she's going out with the coven, i think," gypsy says, running a hand through her hair, not really knowing what to do. she tries shifting her weight between her feet but she just looks awkward. she know it and she can feel it.

"oh, i guess i'll come back later," he says, about to turn around. in her head she knows she shouldn't say what she's about to say, but the way her chest tightens when he looks at him makes her change her mind.

"d-do you maybe want to come in for a drink, or something?" she says, opening the door further, offering him a small smile. unsure of what his response will be, she bites her lip.

"a yeah, if you're sure," he says, and she smiles opening the door for him to walk in. he does, and she closes the door behind him. she lets out a long breath and follows behind him into the living room.