𝐱𝐱𝐯, something great

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝  ❪ xxv. something great ❫

THAT NIGHT GYPSY didn't sleep in her room. esmé was already home when she arrived and the nicks girl just didn't have the energy talk to her — she didn't know how to. gypsy couldn't even begin to construct or think about what she was going to say to the girl, she'd never been through something this tiresome and scary before. what she did know was that this needed to end. the stress and the worry all of the time must stop.

the next morning, gypsy groggily made her way downstairs. her eyes red and bloodshot from all of the crying she had done but she needed to get it out. she needed to cry, and then figure out what she's going to say and how she was going to do it. when she does finally musters up the courage to say anything.

she fills a bowl full of cereal, adding milk afterwards. she then proceeds to sit on the kitchen island, and eating her cereal and scrolling through instagram as she does so.

she hears esmé before she sees her. her feet lightly tapping against the stairs as she walks down, jumper paws and everything.

gypsy's heart breaks all over again. she can't look at the girl, she hates that she has to do this but gypsy's heart is breaking as well and she can't deal with the worry and the lack of trust between the two of them. it shouldn't be like this.

"did you have a nice sleep?" gypsy questions, closing her phone and starting to push the cereal around in the bowl instead of eating it.

"oui, thank you," esmé says, pouring herself a cup of coffee, "toi?" (yes/ you?)

"yes, thanks," gypsy sighs, taking a sip from the glass of orange juice next to her. she's so unsure of what to do but she knows she has to do something.

the only thing she can do is allow her eyes to fill up. she can't look at the girl in front of her without doing so. she can't wait any longer for this to happen, she just needs to do it.

"esmé, can i talk to you?" the nicks girl says, dropping everything out of her hands and looking at her with glossy eyes.

the second esmé looks at the girl she knows what's coming. gypsy, at the start, thought that esmé maybe wouldn't want to listen, or wouldn't care but she does look as though she wants to know what's happening and gypsy just wants this to be over with.

"i'm really sorry, esmé, you know how much i love you," she say, a sad smile on her face, tears still threatening to spill, "and you know i'm doing this because i love you."

"what's happening, gyp?" the girl asks and gypsy heart starts to crumble. she bites her lip to suppress a sob and runs her fingers through her hair.

"i-i think we should break up."

she's said it. those words that had been swimming around her head for a long time. those words, although hurtful, will help her in the long run become a better person and allow esmé to find someone who makes her happy and doesn't cause her so much worry all of the time.

"w-what do you mean?" the french girl says, her expression changing into a hurt one. that's the expression that will haunt gypsy every day. the one that she won't be able to get out of her head every time she thinks of this day.