𝐱𝐱, fireproof

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 ❪ xx. fireproof ❫

GYPSY HAD JUST finished in the shower, quickly drying her body, pulling a t-shirt over her head and quickly towel drying her hair before walking into her bedroom, looking over at her girlfriend who was lounged in a very similar attire to hers on her bed, scrolling through her phone.

the french girl, just from looking at her, didn't seem the happiest but gypsy didn't want to pry. she knew where prying led to and she didn't really want to cause an argument at this time but she did know that probably the best thing to do was ask what was wrong with the girl.

"you okay?" gypsy questions, laying down on her stomach, looking at the girl sat up against the headboard of her bed with eyebrows furrowed.

esmé only hums, and that's when gypsy realises that there's something very wrong with the girl, but she's just unsure of what. she said she wasn't going to pry, but now she wanted to know — and prying soon becomes a given.

"there's something wrong with you, but you're not telling me why," gypsy says, pushing for an answer but the french girl just continues to scroll through her phone, not paying attention to what gypsy was saying.

the nicks girl could tell her annoyance was increasing by the minute. rudeness was something that gypsy couldn't tolerate and she certainly couldn't tolerate people not answering or responding to her when she was talking to them, especially when there are no excuses as to why she wasn't answering the girl.

"esmé, c'mon, at least answer me," gypsy pries, annoyance laced through her voice. gypsy wanted to help if she could but she wouldn't be able to when her girlfriend was completely ignoring her existence.

"wouldn't you want harry to speak to you instead?" esmé finally says, not looking up from her phone, completely ignoring the girl still. at first gyspy is confused, but then she realises that esmé is probably just jealous when there was absolutely no need to be. she wasn't around when gyspy was close friends with harry so she probably wasn't aware of what it was like, and how they were just friends and always have been no matter what the two had ever felt.

"esmé," she says, leaning over this time and plucking the phone from within her grasp and throwing it down on the bed, "talk to me. why would you say that?"

"you see him again for the first time in over a year and now it's harry this, harry that, all of the fucking time," she curses, gypsy immediately shaking her head. she didn't want to have to explain why, and she knew that at some point she could slip up, but she didn't want her girlfriend to be feeling this, because she loved her and only her.

"he was my best friend," gypsy states, now standing up and looking at the girl with shock on her face, "just because we haven't spoken to each other in a while, it doesn't mean that we just completely forget how close we were and why we were friends."

"of course, but we all know the real reason you left him, gyp," esmé counters, and yet again, gyspy feels like she's had all of the wind knocked out of her. she didn't know what to say and it probably wasn't helping the situation but gypsy didn't even realise that there was a situation in the first place.

"i-i don't know what you mean," the blonde girl says, shaking her head whilst biting her lip.

"gyp, i know when someone is in love with a person," esmé says, brushing her fringe from her face, looking at the girl with a sad expression.

gypsy truly didn't know what to do. she didn't want to lie to her girlfriend, but she didn't know how to weave her way out of this one. she knew that no matter what she did, her heart always has yearned for harry to just be around her but she couldn't deny at all that her heart didn't yearn for esmé just as much. she missed the girls touch more than anything during days like these where she wasn't talking to her, or when they bicker over pointless things, or even when they're just too busy that they aren't able see each other. she just wished that this conversation wasn't happening, because she couldn't lie and she certainly wasn't going to do so to her girlfriend.

"what do you want me to say, esmé?" she says, running her hand through her hair that was still drying by the second.

"you can't say anything and that's the thing," esmé says, standing up and pacing up and down in the girls room. this was growing more heated by the minute and gypsy wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole, "we all know the reason why you moved to france, even if you don't want to admit it yourself."

"i can admit it myself esmé," she says, biting her lip briefly before continuing, "the problem is that those feelings i felt were from over a year ago, and yes seeing him has made me miss him but, i'm with you, not him, and you have to realise that."

esmé starts pacing even more, and gypsy probably realises that what she said isn't probably the best thing to say, but she needed to. she just wanted this argument to end. she wanted to continue with her day without the worry of her love for this women not continuing.

"you can admit it, mon dieu," esmé says, finally resting against gypsy's desk, "i'm glad you can admit it because if you didn't i knew you'd be lying, but, i don't know how to explain the worry i feel inside, gyp, i don't know how." (my god)

"well you're going to have to esmé, we can't work through this unless you give me something to work with," gypsy says, standing up now and resting against the wall, across from esmé after she'd done a bit of pacing.

"it's like, you light up when you talk about him, and i can't say if you do or don't do that about me, but it makes me feel like shit," the french girl counters, throwing her arms up in the air exasperatedly as her face drops, "it makes me think that i won't be able to make you ever look like that."

"mon amour," she says, standing up and walking over to the upset girl, "i love you and you know that. nothing is going to change that."

gypsy wraps her arms around the girl, pulling her into an embrace. she presses a light kiss to the french girl's head and squeezes her even closer than before, if that's humanly possible.

"i've built this relationship with you," pulling away, she looks down at the girl and makes sure that she's listening to what is being said, "even though i may have had a crush on harry, you're the one that i love and can see myself spending the rest of my life with."

she looks into esmé's eyes one last time before muttering the last words, "i hope you feel the same for me."