𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢, cherry

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝  ❪ xxiii. cherry ❫

HARRY WALKED INTO the nicks' house and followed gypsy in the living room, immediately dropping himself down on the sofa next to the girl. it had taken a few week but it felt like everything was returning back to normal, they were back to the friendship that they had before it all turned to shit.

remi and esmé had gone out, doing something together that gypsy hadn't been invited to go and do but she didn't really care. riley was probably in his room, not wanting anything to do with the girl and stevie was asleep, meaning that gypsy's only option was to hope harry wasn't busy and would want to come over — which he did.

the awkward feeling that gypsy felt before had simmered away. she didn't feel like she couldn't talk to him anymore, she felt as though she could and she wanted to. there wasn't the aching in her chest that caused her to leave, it was how it should be. she had slight butterflies, but she could deal with it and would never make it something it's not.

"i learnt how to play can you feel the love tonight on the piano yesterday," she admits, sitting down next to him. she whispers the next part but he still manages to hear her, "it's not like i had anything better to do."

"what do you mean?" he says, leaving his arm on the sofa, his leg coming up also so that he looks comfortably lounged, his green flares making the girl want to smile and giggle. he just looked so positively suave in a way nobody else would.

she scoffs and shakes her head, "it doesn't matter," dropping her gaze down to her lap. her fingers start to mess with the hem of her blue dress, the silk fabric resting just in the middle of her thighs.

"it obviously does, gyp, it's upsetting you," harry says, running his finger along his bottom lip a few times, his rings tapping together as his hands move.

"it's honestly nothing," she admits, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. when the nicks' girl sees the look he's giving her, she knows that she needs to elaborate — explain what she means and hopefully do it in a way where he'd leave it alone, "esmé and i are just having a few problems at the moment." she shakes it off as though it's nothing.

"everyone goes through it gyp, you'll make it through. i know you will," he nods, but then his look fades. it's as though his words cause his brain to remember something, possibly something that he wanted to forget. she wanted to pry, so she did, she certainly wasn't going to beat around bush anymore.

"what happened with you and camille?" she asked, immediately biting her lip after she spoke, "you don't have to if you don't want to say anything."

"no," he says, shaking his head, "i should. i need to." she nods her head and reaches over, giving his hand a tight squeeze of reassurance. gypsy knows that it won't be easy for harry, it isn't easy for anyone to talk about their ex but she would like to know, and she isn't pressuring him into saying anything he doesn't want to.

"your don't have to if you don't want to, i promise it's okay," she says and he smiles, squeezing her hand one more time before wiping the sweat of his other hand onto his leg.

"um, you know how much i loved her, gyp," he says, looking down at his hands that we're rested on his thighs, "i thought she loved me, but there was someone else i guess."

she shakes her head and looks down. she doesn't know how someone could hurt someone so much. how two people could hurt each other so much. she hated that he felt like this, but she hoped that talking about it will make him feel better.

"i wrote a song about it," he says, biting his lip before smiling over at her, "it's really good, if i do say so myself."

"i'll be the judge of that when i can listen to it," she says and he laughs, shaking his head. she honestly can't believe how much she had missed this. missed having his laugh and smile next to her, missed his touch whenever he felt she needed it or was scolding her for saying something inappropriate. she had just missed his presence altogether.

"she's with the person now, so," he says, shaking her head, unsure of how to stop the words from spilling out of his mouth to the girl he finds great comfort in, "she's out with her new boyfriend and i'm sat writing songs because that's the only way i know how to handle shit that happens in my life."

he leans forward and places his elbows on his knees, his head falling into his hands. she leans over and places her hand on his shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. she hated seeing him like this, but this talk could be closing the wounds within him and that's all she wanted — to help him forget and move on.

"hey," she says, poking him so he looks at her, "if the shit didn't happened, there's no shadow of a doubt that you would be the same songwriter you are today," she says, giving his shoulder another squeeze, "you wouldn't have created some of the most heart wrenching songs if you hadn't had so much shit happen."

he smiles at her and she nudges him, making him smile. she wanted him to be happy again and she was starting to believe that he would be. he needed the closure and songwriting can only go so far for a person. he had never been so open with anyone as he was with gypsy.

"but anyway, enough about camille and i, that's over now," he says, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. she can't even begin to explain how good her looks, and she's hating herself for it, "what's actually happening you and esmé? and you can't lie because i'll know."

"nothing really, it's stupid," she says and he shakes his head, looking at her with those eyes.

"nothings stupid when it comes to your feelings, gyp," he says and she nearly melts. gypsy can't even explain how much she wants to cry because she knows that the tears will start fall, and they sure do.

"it's just. . ." she says, trying not to cry, looking upwards and blinking quickly, "i don't think she trusts me," she says, looking at him with watering eyes, biting her lip to suppress sobs.

"it's as though when we were in paris she could do whatever she wanted and i didn't care because i knew she loved me," she says, wiping her tears, looking at him, "but now, whatever i do she doesn't trust me but i love her and she should."

"i don't want to hurt you, gyp, or offend you, but if she doesn't trust you, how are you supposed to continue?" he says and she shrugs her shoulders, holding her hands up saying that she doesn't know, "trust is a two way street and i know you trust her, but, if she doesn't trust you it'll lead her to do things in spite."

"i know h, but i just don't know," she says, wiping her cheeks again, "i just don't know."

he looks at her and almost crumbles. he hates seeing her like this. this is when he leans forward and wraps his arms around her, getting her into an embrace that she can't help but feel comfortable within. she sniffles on his shoulder and tries to pull herself closer to him, unsure of she can but she manages.

"i hate seeing you upset, gyp," all she can do is sniffle and nod into his shoulder.