𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢, carolina

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝  ❪ xxxiii. carolina  ❫

GYPSY FOLLOWED HARRY into the home office quietly. she didn't know whether she was nervous because they were going to listen his album or because earlier she might of said that she wanted to kiss and do other things with him. she blushed at the thought of their messages earlier. they hadn't kissed yet, and they were going slow, and they both understood that but it didn't mean that she couldn't tease him when she wished to.

"c'mon, i've got it on the computer," he says, and she nods, sitting down on the sofa across from where harry was at the desk.

her fingertips mess with the hem of her t-shirt, or his shirt. she was unable to hold the nerves that were bubbling in the pit of her stomach.

"umm you've already heard lights up and the other two so i thought we could just listen to the ones you haven't," he says, opening a few files on the laptop before looking over at her.

"okay, i don't mind," she says, biting her lip straight afterwards. she was nervous but she was unsure why. it was only harry's album. harry, her best friend's album.

"uhh, i'll start with the first one," he says, running his finger over his bottom lip, looking from gypsy to the computer again.

"that's normally where people start," she giggles, unable to hold back her smile. he looks over at her and shakes her head, and then he presses play.

"golden. golden. golden as i open my eyes. . ." the second harry's voice fills her ears she doesn't know whether to scream, laugh or cry. or do all three at the same time. it sounds as though she should be up and dancing, but listening to the words that isn't the case and she can't help to feel that way. she wants to get up and dance but she decided to just tap her fingers on her knees to the beat. she knows that this will become something that she could just listen to her whenever she wants a smile or just have a dance. she didn't want it to end but once it had, she was wanting him to play it again.

"the next three are the ones you've already heard so i'll just skip past them," he says, and she smiles nodding her head, still fumbling with the hem of her shirt.

the second the next song starts, she's unable to hold back the tears as she hears camille's voice over the speakers. the song starts and she just wants to cry. she honestly feels tears brewing in her waterline as she listens to the next song. the way she feels makes her nearly cry and she honestly couldn't wait for it to be over. she hated that someone hurt him that much that he would be to write a song like that. it was so vulnerable and raw and she wanted to walk over to him and wrap her arms around him but she sat and listened as his voice sung, "don't you call him baby," over and over again.

"that was beautiful h," she says, a sad smile on her face as the song finishes. he smiles at her and she knows that this was his coping mechanism. she knows that his way of dealing with the things that hurt him in life and it truly was a beautiful song.

she felt as though she couldn't catch a break, the next song did make her cry. she couldn't help it, the new vulnerability he was expressing through his new music was something that people couldn't explain. it was beautiful and lovely and it made gypsy's heart physically hurt.