𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢, never enough

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 ❪ xliii. never enough  ❫

❪ songbird: youtube ❫

THE VIDEO STARTS with a little montage of gypsy laughing by herself, with some unrecognisable people and a few second clips from her last couple of weeks in new york before her name in lilac lettering flashing over the screen

"hello everyone!" a large yawn escapes her lips after the video cuts to her sat on a couch in a room that looked to be in an apartment, "and welcome to this chaotic video of new york!" she cheers, wavering her hand excitedly, "i haven't even filmed it yet and i know that it's just going to be a mess."

she stands up and walks towards the kitchen, pulling her refillable bottle of water out of the fridge and taking a sip, "we arrived in new york late last night and i did plan on starting this video yesterday but we were late to the airport and i was pretty sure i'd be killed if i made us any later."

"so today." she sighs, tucking her hair behind her ear, "is the first day of shows and i'm so fucking excited. i honestly can't explain how much." she takes another sip of water, "i don't know how much i'll film because i'm bad at this on a normal day and just adding this today doesn't quite help the situation."

the next clip cuts to gypsy stood in a room with lots of loud talking people around her. jordan fisher, who's playing evan hansen during her run of the show, stands next to her.

"how are we feeling after that?" she questions, turning her head slightly to smile at her coworker and new friend.

"really good." he smiles, his body bent down slightly to fit upon the screen with gypsy due to her small figure, "we were both nervous but i think we pulled it off."

"i do too." she smiles, "honestly thought i was going to have a breakdown a couple of minutes before we went on but it was so fun."

"you were amazing." he smiles, "you honestly couldn't tell that it was your first time ever in a show, you just looked so comfortable."

"thank you." she smiled, "i have to thank you. probably would have broke down crying if you hadn't helped me like you have done over the past couple of weeks."

the next clip shows gypsy in the back of a car, her head rested upon a shoulder which has a yellow jumper clad on its body.

"did you enjoy the show?" she questioned, turning her head briefly to look up at the person who's shoulder it was.

"i did." harry's face flashes over the screen briefly, a large deep-dimpled smile upon his face, "thought the production was just amazing, and you were alright too i suppose."

a small chuckle leaves gypsy's lips as she rolls her eyes, "not even surprised."

the next few clips come from shows over the next week or so. some of them were just gypsy talking about her experience and how she was finding it all whilst others included a lot of the cast doing wacky things back stage.

gypsy's favourite was a clip of them screaming bohemian rhapsody together after they had finished their first week of shows. gypsy was pressed up next one of her co-stars on a sofa as they drunkenly screamed the words to the song.

"today is a special day." she smiled as the camera cut to her laid on a bed, a small smile on her face, "i have the morning off because harry has forced me to come and watch him on the today show."

"you better take that back." his voice is heard from off camera, her eyes trailing to look at him as she giggles, "i'm not forcing you to do anything. you were the one who practically begged me to take you with us."

"hey." she warns, "i couldn't come and see you on snl so this is all i've got."

the clip cuts to a montage of harry, filmed from the side of the stage in both the patchwork cardigan and his pink suit.

"you were amazing." she sighs as they sit down on the sofa, his head dropping down to place a kiss to her head briefly, "it's fun having a famous best friend."

"what about your mum?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing as he stopped scrolling through something on his phone.

"that's different." she sighed, "i get to do a lot of fun stuff with you."

he rolled his eyes and allowed the girl to fall back on his shoulder. all of the interactions of the two in the video were just soft and friendly. if someone who doesn't know who gypsy watches the video they could mistake it for a something more than a friend but that didn't matter to them. most people knew that they're just friends but they were still unsure whether they knew that themselves.

the next clip is from the next day. gypsy's clad in some mom jeans and harry's patchwork cardigan from the day before as someone records her and jordan rehearsing 'if i could tell her.'

they were recording a video for the official dear evan hansen page of 'if i could tell her' that was coming out in a couple of days. it's the first time a wide spread audience was hearing them sing that wasn't illegally recorded from inside of the theatre during one of the shows. they had so much fun together singing and laughing at whatever stupid thing each one of them were doing.

the video finishes with a clip of gypsy curled up in bed, the cover all the way up to her neck and her glasses perched upon her nose.

"this is all i'm going to film for now." she sighed, a small pout falling upon her face as she speaks, "i don't have the time to edit properly and i always give myself too much to do."

"i hope everyone is as excited as me for this new period of my life and i can't wait to document it and see you all at the show." she smiles, "goodnight!"

the video ends with a short clip of harry and herself dancing in the kitchen to shania twain whilst a smoothie machine whizzes in the background before the screen goes black.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
hiii, bit's been a while since i've done one of
these! i hope you're all still enjoying songbird
and just to let you know it's not quite done yet
(i know it's a v v slow burn but what do you
expect from me?) pls continue to vote and
comment because they honest make my day :)
now to to the point of this: when the ending of
this book does come, what do you want to see
happen to our babies 🥺        grateful for u all,
hannah :)