𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯, strong

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 ❪ xliv. strong  ❫

❪ songbird: instagram ❫

gypsy.n posted to their story 🎵

n posted to their story 🎵

08:23 AM
10.7K VIEWS

14:47 PM 7

14:47 PM
7.6K VIEWS

HARRY'S RANGE ROVER sat waiting in the terminal car park for gypsy. the girl was emotionally drained and tired from staying up all night on facetime to harry whilst she cried and booked herself a flight.

this pandemic was something that they both were fearful of but now that the whole country was going into lockdown it all felt realer than anything else and that was scary to the two of them.

"oh gyp." his arms immediately opened at the sight of the fatigued and emotional girl stood in front of him. she sighed into his embrace and placed her head into his neck, inhaling his sweet scent that she had missed too much, "let's get you home."

gypsy was worried about everyone's safety the most. they were about to go into scary, unprecedented times that no one could have ever imagined and the fact that a lot of people were going to get really sick scared gypsy more than she would've ever thought.

a part of the girl was absolutely gutted that the show had been cancelled for the foreseeable future but at the same time, that was unimportant. no matter how excited she had been everyone's health was more important and if she ended up returning to broadway next year, then so be it.

"do you want me to take you home?" he questioned, reaching up to run his finger over her damp cheek briefly.

"are you staying with us?" she questioned, sniffling a little bit.

"do you want me to?" it felt like a loaded question to harry.

"of course i do," a small smile graced her lips and she reached up to grab his hand and thread her fingers through his.

during their time together in new york it had all been very touchy feeling. there hadn't been any more incidents like the time in the kitchen where they nearly kissed but that didn't mean that gypsy wasn't yearning for them — because she certainly was.

every time he touched her she felt as if she was on fire, and he had to feel it too. admitting to the people around her that she adored him was one thing but telling it to his face created nerves that gypsy had never ever felt before. she wasn't even that nervous to stand upon a stage in front of hundreds of people and perform.

"can i get some things from my house first?" he questioned and she nodded.

she sat in the car as he packed a bag. she didn't have the energy to move from her seat. her mother's songs sounded over the speaker. some people would find it weird that a daughter would sit and listen to her mother's songs whilst she felt like this but it comforted her in a way that her mother has only ever been able to do so.

harry returned with his mickey mouse suitcase in tow, probably filled with some shirts and trousers. he had a couple of hoodies strung over his arm but that wouldn't be a problem because there were already quite a few of his hoodie's at gypsy's house that she'd managed to sneakily take and not return after spending nights at his house.

"do you think stevie will mind?" he asks as they manoeuvre away from his house and on the road towards the nick's family house.

"she doesn't really have a say now, does she?" gypsy grins, her eyes briefly falling upon his side profile, "but she won't mind. sometimes i think that she loves you more than me."

"what can i say?" he smugly tuts, "i'm here favourite adopted child."

"god you really are." she smiles, lifting her hand up briefly to run her fingers lightly across the skin on his hand that rested on her thigh, "she's really not going to mind, h, she's probably already expecting you to show up at some point."

her childhood home looked so familiar and warm that a small whimper of happiness escaped her lips. harry carried his case and one of gypsy's whilst she carried the rest of her bags. she had left a few things in his apartment in new york but she knew that this wasn't just going to be for a week or so — this was probably going to be for a long time.

"gypsy." her mother bounds over to the two of them as they walk through the front door, her arms wrapping around her daughter as she tries to mask that she had been crying at all, "come on, we've got a stir fry on the go for you."

"thanks mom." she smiles, placing her bags down whilst stevie greets harry.

"moving in?" she laughed, her eyebrows raising in amusement.

"if you'll have me." he dropped his bag down next to gypsy and followed them towards the kitchen.

harry leans against the counter as he watches both remi and riley wrap their arms around the girl. it certainly wasn't the nicest situation but they were going to be together and that was the most important thing.

one facetime, the night prior, harry had explained that jeff had tried to get him a flight home but they were just too late and everything had already been shut down and they would have to wait however long it was until lockdown was going to be eased for him to go home. gypsy didn't like the idea of his being on his own for that long and that's why even if he hadn't agreed to staying with them — she was going to make him.

later that evening, the two bid a goodnight to the family and after a few grumbles from riley that there is to be no funny business since he could hear everything in his room next door, they curled up in bed.

harry laid behind the girl in her childhood bed, his arm wrapped securely around her middle whilst she curled up in a small ball upon the bed. they usually sleep over at harry's house, and not usually gypsy's because of her siblings but they didn't care at this moment in time. harry was more concerned about gypsy and she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep without him.

this was going to be hard on everyone, but at least they were going to have each other.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
hiii!      i'm going to make this a double update
because i'm feeling extra nice and i don't think
you'll want to wait for the next one!   i debated
putting the pandemic in the book, but, i wanted
gypsy's  and  harry's story  to  be as realistic as
possible. (a few things will change just because
it's a fanfiction)    but the majority of it will be as
close to reality as possible! vote & comment, h :)