6

Lucy had loaded up on coffee and secured some energy bars in her bag for the long night ahead. Walking in just before her shift, she smiled at the scene before her, the receptionist was beginning to a gather her things whilst Kurt leaned towards her speaking through the glass. There was a pink tint to Sarah's cheeks and Kurt may as well have been undressing the young woman with his eyes. Lucy cleared her throat making her presence known to the two enchanted couple that couldn't seem to rip their eyes away from one another.

"Lucy, hi." Sarah said with a startled tone, quickly she placed her bag on her shoulder before stepping out of the small office.

"Hello, hope I wasn't interrupting anything." Lucy smirked and Sarah was quick to assure her that she wasn't, however from Kurts' annoyed expression she knew she had interfered with his flirting.

"Um, I was just going I'll see you guys another time bye." Sarah smiled and gave a small glance to Kurt before pushing through the exit.

"You gotta be such a c0ckblock?" Lucy laughed at Kurt, whilst grabbing her bag and scanning her items through.

"Maybe I was just saving the poor girl, she is too sweet to get caught up with your kind." Lucy was obviously being sarcastic, truthfully she thought the two would make a cute couple.

"Yeah good luck stopping this," Lucy rolled her eyes as Kurt gestured to his body, "there's just no resisting." She laughed at his silly antics and grabbed her things getting ready to head down the hallway.

"Whatever Hotshot, I better get to work." Kurt said his goodbye and rushed outside the double doors hoping he could catch the dark haired beauty.

...

Lucy started the night in gen pop monitoring the inmates in one of the rooms designated for religious gatherings. She was informed that these inmates were very independent and basically ran their own service, so she decided to sit back and give them their space. However, a verse an inmate was reading did catch her attention.

"... If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them." The mans voice was muffled by Lucys' thoughts on those words. They reminded her of what Kurt had talked about, could forgiveness ever be given to someone who had done evil. Lucy was still unsure of what Ace had done to wind up in the big house, she had asked Kurt but he refused to tell her and this only made her believe that it had to be something really bad. His file was sitting in the wardens office and it wouldn't be suspicious if she asked to take a look considering she was posted his cell almost everyday. But she couldn't bring herself to do it, there was this guilty feeling she had when she had the thought.

The voice from the walkie talkie indicated that it was time for inmates to start heading back to there cells and bunks. Lucy allowed them to finish up their meeting before ushering them outside the room, she waited until the hallway was empty before going to cell block A to do count.

They had to count the inmates about 3 times because some idiot doesn't know how to click a button. It was 8pm now and the inmates had time before lights out to socialise within their cell block, Lucy found a wall to lean against and drift off as chatter surrounded her. As much as she loved this job and was grateful that there wasn't a lot of action, it did get a bit boring at times. She had thought about asking the warden if she could maybe run a class to get more involved with the inmates, she knew Kurt had a construction group and Emma taught art which came as surprise to Lucy. She wanted to teach exercise classes, yoga or even circuit training that required little equipment, however Lucy felt it would be wise to not be asking for privileges when she had only been working at the prison a short while.

...

It was almost lights out and Ace felt disappointed when he noticed Lucy hadn't been here all today. He thought maybe she had asked the warden to change her shift or she was avoiding him again, but he prayed his thoughts weren't true. There was something about the small woman outside his cell that made his day a little brighter even if she was giving him the cold shoulder and a harsh stare. Just thinking about Lucy made his mind drift into bliss and his loins burn, there had been many early mornings that Ace would have to take care of a big problem that the minx had created in his dreams. For the first time he was okay with the prisons hot water system not being up to standard. He still hadn't figured out how he was going to get her into his cell, but he wasn't to worried for now he needed to be patient give her a little while to forget about the whole deck of card fiasco. Ace had plenty of time to get her, he had a good feeling that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

When the familiar noise of footsteps came Ace ignored them, he was frozen staring at the brick wall his mind evaded with thoughts of Lucy.

Lucys' eyes were glued to the man on the bed laying on his side, much like the first time she saw him. She didn't know if he was ignoring her or just hadn't realized she was there but either way she wasn't going to try and get his attention, she had convinced herself that she didn't want or need it. However that didn't stop her from appreciating his handsome stature, his jumpsuit had been zipped down with the arms tied around his waist, revealing a white wife beater singlet underneath. The top hugged his solid chest and light traces of dark hair peaked through the neckline, his biceps were carved and surprisingly tanned, further along Lucy took in his strong forearms with veins winking at her. The sight alone made Lucy want to clench her knees together tightly, it was actually ridiculous how heavenly the man was. The young woman turned her eyes away feeling embarrassed that her thoughts were dangerously heading into sinful waters.

Diverting her eyes to the metal drawer in the door she noticed how a plastic tray, cup and fork were still lying inside. It was hypocritical of Lucy to be judging how others did their job but she still had the urge to talk with the officer she had taken over from. For high-risk detainees it was important to immediately take their tray and utensils away after eating, they had just been lucky that Ace had put it in the drawer and not stashed it somewhere. Stepping forward she took out the items and placed them on a table nearby to be sure she wouldn't forget them.

Ace gave a quick glance to the side when he heard the metal drawer being pushed back into his cell, and a smile grew on his face when he saw her. She was looking a lot better today definitely not as pissed.

"Hey." Aces clenched his fist at his first instinct to give her a friendly welcoming, she's not here to be your friend remember.

"Hello." Although it was too formal and forced, Ace was just happy he got a reply at all. Not wanting to overstep he decided to leave it at that and rolled back onto his side but this time he positioned himself so he could watch her out the corner of his eye.

Some time had passed and the two hadn't spoken another word to each other. Lucy didn't know why but she could feel tension building within her, she had so many questions after her talk with Kurt. She wanted to confront the man before her and make him tell her everything and confirm if what she heard was true or not, but she didn't want to breakdown a barrier she had put up. Being so caught up in her thoughts she didn't at first notice the brute rise to his feet and start walking across his cell, she watched with interest as he moved and noted how the light hit his rugged features nicely. But then dread filled her body when he reached up grabbing the roll of toilet paper off the shelf

"What are you doing?" She asked breaking the unspoken oath of silence between them.

"What does it look like?" Ace had a joking tone to his voice and Lucy quickly covered her eyes when he reached for the arms of his jumpsuit and began untying them from his waist.

"Do you have to do that right now?" Ace couldn't help but find Lucys' actions cute.

"I heard it can cause serious damage if you hold it in."

"Surely, you can wait till light outs, when I leave?"

"Fine." Ace sighed tying his jumpsuit back around his waist, even though he agreed the minx outside stayed in the same position with her eyes covered. "You can look now." Slowly, she moved her hands away and Ace laughed lightly at her almost frightened eyes. Their eyes connected this being the first time they had really looked at each other since yesterday, Lucy smiled back at his laughing one. There was another moment of silence where the two just held their gaze into each other eyes and this time the both of them could feel the tension rising between them.

"I talked to Kurt yesterday." Lucy treaded lightly on the subject. Ace only nodded in response as if he knew where this conversation was heading, before moving back to his bed and sat on the edge facing her.

"How much did he tell you?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ship

Please Vote! Mad Love Fam