21

Lucy shifted closer to the inmate so their thighs touched, she studied his side profile whilst he looked down into his lap never meeting her gaze. Ace hated the silence, he wished she would just leave or tell him what a horrible person he was anything opposed to the silence. As much as he wanted to believe that her opinion of him meant nothing and he would be fine if they never spoke again, he couldn't help but feel saddened at the reality.

A tender hand came in touch with his shoulder and he flinched slightly, before looking into those entrancing blue eyes. He froze as she leaned into him, her plump lips meet his in a soft kiss. The brute gave her a confused stare, he didn't know how the minx would react when he told her his story but he never it imagined it would be like this.

"You're a good man, Ace." His confusion morphed into anger, this was not how this was supposed to go. She was supposed to be scared of him and never want to be near him again.

"I'm a killer." The thunderous sound of his voice made her flinch back slightly. "You should be scared of me Lucy."

"But I'm not, I know you're not that person anymore." The inmate couldn't believe the woman, how could she be so forgiving? He couldn't begin to forgive himself for the men he killed even if they were a bunch of scoundrels. Ace had to make it clear to her that even if she wasn't afraid of him, she still needed to stay away. The brute had to cut the ties between them in order to protect her and keep her from a life of disappointment and secrecy with him.

"I need you to stay away from me, you can't be coming into my cell anymore." The officer went to interrupt him but he quickly continued before she had the opportunity to. "You and I both knew this would have to end someday. I thought showing you my past would quickly deter you out of this cell but I was obviously mistaken. Either way I don't want you in here anymore and I'd prefer if we'd go back to a strictly officer and detainee relationship."

Lucy felt the words pour over her like a bucket of freezing cold water. She felt almost disappointed in herself for being upset, what Ace was saying  was completely logical and also necessary. They couldn't keep up their illegal actions forever and she knew there had to be a point where they would have to stop, the officer didn't realize that it would be today.
Soon after she had developed a connection to the man, that made her so intrigued and drawn to him.

After she had once again dismissed her sense of what is right and wrong and shown him compassion when he told her of his past. It hurt her to know that their light-hearted conversations would cease, that her view of his vibrant green eyes would be from behind the glass cell and she would no longer get to feel the warmth of his strong body against hers.

"O-okay." Lucy stuttered slightly as she agreed to his request. She couldn't ask him to continue what they were doing, it would come off as desperate and weak. The officer didn't want him to think of her as the piece of a$$ that caught feelings and became a needy woman. This was only supposed to be about sex, Lucy wished that she felt nothing towards the inmate and he was just an exciting forbidden lust-filled moment but that wasn't the case. The woman had felt more for the man then she even realised, she didn't even want to fully analyse the strong connection she felt to the inmate because she knew it would only make it harder to leave him be.

Lucy cleared her throat, Ace looked at the minx expectantly as he anticipated for her to put up a fight or at least tell him off for having the nerve to initiate this thing and then pull the rug out from under her. But she simply gave him an awkward smile failing at covering up the obvious hurt that was swirling in her blue orbs, she stood without another word and walked towards the door. The inmate held his breath when the minx stopped, she turned and as if automatically granted him the oxygen he craved.

"Can we have a final goodbye?" Lucy asked. Both of them knew they would see each other again, but it wouldn't be the same. Ace understood that she meant a final goodbye to their unlabelled relationship.

"Come here then." A smile spreads across her face as she heared his reply. Ace stood up whilst the minx made quick strides to him and he wrapped his arms around her tightly when she jumped onto his frame. Her arms were placed around his neck and legs around his waist, the brute felt at peace when he kissed her and he didn't want the moment to end.

Lucy clenched herself around the brute, putting all she had into the kiss. Only when her body was begging for a breath did she break away, resting her forehead against Aces. She kept her eyes sealed shut, wanting to only focus on the feel of his body on hers.

"Please don't." The woman looked up at him confused, but when one of his hands brushed against her cheek she soon realised that she had started to cry.

"Ace I-" The alarm on her watch sounded, her shift was over and so was her time with Ace. The officer sighed and unhooked her arms from around the inmate. Ace placed her onto the floor but kept his hands on her waist, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

Lucy shook her head deciding it would be better if she didn't say what she was thinking. "I better go."

Ace nodded and felt his hands drop at his sides when the woman took a step away from him. Each step they took towards the door was a hit to the stomach, the inmate was just beginning to really understand how much he wanted Lucy.

"Goodbye." The brute almost broke at the sight of her weak smile and watery eyes. Leaning down Ace kissed her cheek saying his goodbye before sitting back on his bed and placing his head in his hands, not wanting to see her leave.

The sound of the door locking made him look up only to see an empty hallway, and the inmate realised that he had just lost one of the best things to walk into his life.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's late again fam, with work and uni I've been so busy 😞

Please Vote! Mad Love Fam 🖤