18

Lucy practically skipped down the prison hall on her way to Costello's cell, with a small lunch bag in hand. The past few weeks had been pure bliss. Her new roommates had become close to family, her social life was getting back to normal, and at least twice a week she would visit her Mum but instead of sobbing at her grave, the young woman would talk to the headstone before leaving fresh flowers. Slowly, Lucy was getting her life back on track and she knew that Ace had a lot to do with that.

The inmate and officer had slipped out of their normal routine, usually Lucy would enter the cell and leave with a few more love bites on her body and damp panties. Although that was still a regular occurrence, it was more frequent that the duo would just spend their time talking about simple things, playing a moderated form of Pictionary which would often turn into them play fighting because they were both so competitive, sometimes they would just lie in bed and just embrace the feeling of having someone in their arms.

"Hey." Lucy said a little too excitedly, as she stepped inside the cell.

"Hey, what you got there good looking?" Ace smiled whilst sitting up on his bed. The officer took a seat on the ground and motioned for him to join her.

"Allison made you some dinner, I know you already ate but she did say this was your favourite." Lucy pulled out the container of food she had just heated up in the staff kitchenette.

"Thank you." The simple gesture had made the inmates night although Lucy had given Allison the credit, He couldn't imagine the chef would prepare him a dish without some encouragement. Opening the lid, a wave of steam released as well as the delicious smell of homemade lasagna. Ace could feel his mouth water and quickly he dug into his second dinner. After a few mouthfuls, Ace looked up to find Lucy looking at him with a big grin.

"It's good right?." Lucy had tasted the dish last night, as Allison had made more then enough for dinner and leftovers. Ace nodded, before cutting a piece and lifting up to Lucy's lips without hesitation she opened her mouth allowing him to feed her.

Soon the container of food was empty, Lucy packed it back into the lunch bag and grabbed another small container.

"And what's this?" Ace asked, as Lucy placed the coloured container between them. The inmate watched the minx's face break into a coy smile before she opened up the container. Inside was a cupcake with blue swirled icing and a small 'Happy Birthday!' decoration popping out the top.

"I made it myself, red velvet with buttercream icing." Ace was at a loss for words, it had been years since someone had gone to the trouble to make him something for his birthday. "Happy birthday Ace."

The inmate let out a forced cough, trying to get rid of the lump in his throat. The extent of his birthday celebrations over the years had been Kurt and a few other guards wishing him a happy birthday, sometimes Kurt would get him something from a vending machine. Even on the outside he rarely did anything for his birthday and if he did have cake it was always store bought.

"Who told you it was my birthday?"

"Allison may have mentioned that it was coming up a few days ago, so I wrote it down in my calendar." Ace found it hard to express the warmth that spread through his chest, the woman simply keeping the date was enough to make the brute smile. The fact that she made the effort to make his day special, filled the man with an indescribable feeling of happiness.

"Thank you Lucy, it means a lot." Lucy offered him a tantalizing smile, before brushing it off and insisting it was no trouble.