11~The Bet

Hola everyone! Here's a new chapter, you'll finally get to read about the bet! I hope you enjoy it!
**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•

Recap:

Everything in the room went silent. You could hear a pin drop.

That was the final straw, she stood up and speed-walked out with her head down, her hair whipping around with how fast she was walking. If you looked close enough, you could see the tears glistening in her beautiful, emerald green eyes.

Mason Canner's P.O.V

(Before they ask Ella to hang out with them)

--------------------

I and the boys are currently in class, none of us actually listening to whatever the teacher us saying. Gosh, how much longer will we have to endure this torture!

I look up at the clock and see we still have almost half an hour left. Remember me if I die here.

I feel eyes on the back of my head, so I slowly turn around to see that Ella girl glance at us then look away. That gives me an idea, a way to possibly make this year more interesting.

"Hey, guys, Kade pay attention," I whisper to my friends, trying to get their attention.

"What do you want Mason, if you couldn't tell we're in class," Logan whispers back to me.

"Well, I'm bored. And..... I have an idea that can spice up this year!" I whisper yell. I see the guys finally turn their heads towards me, obviously intrigued.

"What is it??" Elijah asks me.

"Well...... It's...." I drawl on, just to annoy them, and leave them in suspense.

"What is it? Spit it out already!" Kade says

"Okay okay, Gosh, you're so pushy. Anyways, what if, we made a bet?" I propose. They don't look very impressed.

"You don't make good bets."

"No thanks."

"Yeah, I have to agree with Logan, they always end badly."

"Someone's going to get hurt."

They all disagree, but I know that this one won't end badly.

I sigh, "Well what else do you suggest we do? Gosh Kade, not even you? I thought you at least would agree!" I know I sound petty and rude, but this year so far has been pretty rough on all of us, and I just assume that this would make us all happier. Buy oh how wrong I was to think that.

"Fine. I'll play this game, what's the bet?" Kade finally gives in.

I knew it he would do it, he can never back down from a challenge.

"I bet that you can't get that Ella girl to talk to you and tell you why she doesn't speak by the end of the year," I say, smirking at him, and leaning on my hand.

"Okay, I accept your bet. But, what do I get if I do." He questions me, I knew this was coming, but I haven't come up with an answer.

"Uh, if you win, I'll buy you that car that you want," I say the first thing that comes to mind.

"And what happens if I lose this bet?" He asks me.

"Well, if you lose the bet, then you have to buy me the car that I've always wanted!" I say. I can't wait for him to lose. I've always wanted this car, ever since I was little, but people say it's not practical.

Looking back at this conversation, I realize how stupid and childish this was of me to do. Kade's basically my family, I love him like he is, I shouldn't have done this.

"Okay, fine. It's a deal. I'll get Ella to talk to us, and will figure out why she doesn't speak, and will just pretend to be her friend." Kade agrees. In the future, I wish he hadn't. What were we thinking?

"Guys, I honestly don't think this is a good idea, have you ever thought this through?" Alex asks, he doubts us.

"Yes, we're sure man! Don't doubt us, this will be great." I reassure him, he doesn't look convinced, neither do any of the other guys.

"Are you sure? Because the last time you made a bet it turned out-" Elijah gets cut off by the bell right, signalling the end of the day.

That went by faster than I thought. I and the boys turn around and stare at Ella, the bet still fresh in everyone's mind. Doubt lingering in the air around Alex.

We see the girl stand up and sprint out the classroom door. We speak a little bit and decide that we will hang out with her today to get the bet started.

We call out her name multiple times, but she just ignores us, how dare she ignore us!

Yes, before you even say it, I am aware that I have a short temper, and Yes, I've tried going to anger management class, but that shit sucked, they tried to calm me down, but it just made me angrier, and angrier. I ended up bottling up my anger until it overflowed out of the metaphorical bottle and I would lash out on people when I didn't mean to.

We eventually get her attention, and after a lot of arguments and debates on why she didn't want to hang out with us, she finally agrees to, but only after we promise her free food.

And so the bet begins.

**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•*
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you have any suggestions please comment on them. I'm probably going to be updating once a week, maybe twice! So look out for that! Have a fantastic day!  ~Hannah♡