14~Kade's Breakdown

Here's another chapter for you guys! I apologize for not updating in a while, I'll try to update twice this week, but I don't know for sure! Also, if I have any spelling or grammar mistakes please feel free to comment and correct me! I hope you enjoy it!

**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•

Alex Ladris's P.O.V

--------------------

She didn't show up at school today.

Ella.

I know something happened, something bad, no one gets sick that much, without showing any symptoms the days before.

I know it is bothering Kade, he's different, he's lashing out more at people, and is just overall a shitty person when she isn't around.

Its almost as if she's become the light of his life in the little amount of time that we've known her.

Hell, she's become part of the group. She's like a little sister to all of us.

She's grown on all of us, because of the stupid bet...

I told them that this was a bad idea, they never listen. All of this will probably come around to bite them in the ass in the future. More than it already has.

Karmas a bitch.

At least she doesn't know about the bet yet, or that the guys think they don't care about her, and they all think it's the bet that's making them close.

Anyways, back to the present.

I see someone bump into Kade, his eyes filled with anger. Most people would be afraid of him, or at least wary when in his presence.

But I'm not, he's a brother to me. We're not blood-related, but since when did blood make someone family?

He was there for me when no one else was, as was I.

"I-I'm sorry!" The guy that bumped into Kade squeaks out, I feel pity for him. Kade towers over him, and he's all skin and bone, there's no fat on him at all. Oh, how I used to wish to be like that...

"Get the fuck out of my face!" Kade snarls at the boy, fake lunging at him, making him stumble back in fright.

"Kade..." I hear Logan start, coming to stand beside me.

"I said, get the fuck out of here! Or do I need to show you how?" Kade questions, or more like demands the poor kid, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and tossing him to the ground.

I see the kid start to speak whilst scrambling to get up, most likely to apologize again

"I swear to fucking god I-" Kade starts, taking a menacing step forwards.

I glance at Logan, and I can tell by one look that he's not going to step in, probably not wanting to get on Kade's bad side.

I guess I'll have to be the knight in shining armour today.

"Kade, enough," I demand, tired of his bullshit.

His blank, emotionless gaze stares into my eyes, trying to make me back down, but I hold my ground.

"Must I reiterate?" I question him, taking a step forwards. Putting my hand out.

As I continue to hold his gaze, I see the walls behind his eyes slowly start to crumple, pain, and frustration starts to seep into his eyes.

His fists clench harder now.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Logan grab the kid by the arm, and haul him up off of the cold tile ground. The kid nods his gratitude at him and sprints in the opposite direction, eager to get out of here.

Now that no one is around, I grasp Kade by the arms and pull him in for a hug.

His shoulders shake as he buries his head into the crook of my neck, I can tell though he's trying to hold back his tears, so he doesn't seem weak.

"It's okay to cry, you're only human." I gently whisper to him. Apparently, that was all that it took, for as soon as I said that, the dams break.

Tears rush down his face, my shirt gets wet with tears but I don't mind, I'll always be here for my brother.

"Mason is s-such an ass! It's because of him that she hasn't shown up!" He sobs into my shoulder.

"I know, I know. But weren't you the one who keeps saying that you don't like her? And that it's all because of the bet that she's around?" I say, trying to get a rise out of him, trying to make him see things from my point of view. Hoping to make him understand that he does actually like her and that it all isn't fake.

He pushes me away, his face red, tear tracks staining his face.

"What the fuck! Of course, I don't like her! It's all for the bet!" He shouts and me, turning away.

As he stomps away like a toddler having a temper tantrum, I hear him mutter to himself.

"Is it really fake though?"

**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•

You have reached the end of the chapter! How was it? I know that it wasn't the best, but I promised someone I would put one out today. So because of that, I'm going to dedicate this chapter to queenofheartsMal thank you for reminding me to update, and making sure I was alright. I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy! Have a great day!
~Hannah ♡