Chapter 3

Oh god, it's angel boy. Wait. What am I worried about? It's angel boy after all. Angels didn't pose a threat. I stop myself from curling my lip as he bounces his way over to us whilst twirling the loose drawstring of his sweat pants around. Is he pretending it's a chain? Like on a zoot suit? My brow arches as my mind instantly envisions Jim Carrey's character from the movie The Mask, and his yellow suit. I blink my eyes dismissing the thought before I laugh. I need to focus.

As the boy nears, I can see his angelic features truly are angelic. His short blonde hair is a curly mess twisting every which way on his head, and his blue eyes sparkle mischievously. His face has a pixie quality about it. He could totally cos play as a girl and get away with it, except when it comes to his body. He definitely has muscles under those sweats. Not that I'm really looking. I definitely am not checking him out. Okay, who am I kidding? I'm totally checking him out. I can't look away actually.

Kiki smirks at his antics and takes a sip of her beer to mask her amusement. I do the same trying to emulate her cool I was about to lose as angel boy does a fancy quick step jumping to a stop in front of us. I step backwards taking note of the wall behind me. Hopefully, he doesn't advance any farther as I'm trapped between the wall, Kiki and his large body. He smiles at me, but diverts his attention to my best friend who's expression doesn't waver except to slightly raise her eyebrow. She really does have a great poker face.

My glance flickers over to Satan and his posse. Have you ever walked into a room with a distinct destination but were then forced to veer into a different direction, for whatever reason, hoping that no one notices the entire awkward event? Well, that's what my eyes do when they meet Satan's. I had set out to peak at him to see where he was looking only to find he's already looking directly at me. His eyes are light in color. Either icy blue or gray. Whichever they are doesn't matter. They're unnerving.

I wonder if the floor had been shiny at one time? It looks scuffed and dull now. It's probably over one hundred years old if I had to guess. Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm right in this estimation. And are those the newest Air Jordan's angel boy is wearing? They look like...jeans. Weird.

"Ahem."

He clears his voice forcing my avoiding eyes up to his, not before blinking at Kiki who is staring Angel down. Angel's blue eyes are smiling.

"Hellooo, laid-aaa's!"

Laid-a's? Oh. He means ladies. I get it. Oh boy.

"Hey." Kiki tips her beer bottle toward him in a salute. I remain silent.

Angel claps his hands together and rubs them. "And how are we this fine, fine evening?"

"Great."

Yeah, Kiki. You tell him! Tell Angel how it is! Heh. We're great. Just like Tony The Tiger. I grin at my bestie.

Angel fidgets. "Mhm. Yes. I see you are good. Mighty, mighty good," he claps his hands again. "So. Do you need a refill on your refreshments?"

"Nah. We're good."

Angel looks to me, and I hold mine up with a smile and shake of my head. 

"Excellent, excellent. So, what year are ya? Wait! Don't tell me. I love to guess. I'm super good at it. Hmm."

Angel leans in toward Kiki invading her personal space, but she calmly places her hand on his shoulder and gives him a little shove back. He laughs holding up his hands.

"Sorry, sorry. My bad. Hmm."

He starts leaning in toward me.

"Don't even think about it, Angel." She warns.