Chapter 9

So I've done it. I've accomplished the private conversation and have a record of it. I wonder if it's good enough to be done with this horse shit. First chance I get, I'm gonna ask those idiots.

The conversation was a little awkward, but that's my fault. I was trying to get her to give up her locale. There was something about Rose that kind of sparked my interest which is weird because, really, we've only had two conversations and both of them were short and uneventful. Plus, I have zero clue as to what she looks like. Why am I so curious based on nothing? Maybe it has to do with the fact that I can't see her. There is something to be said for a bit of mystery.

Also, It's kinda coincidental how we both have history projects due. Although, it's school. So maybe not so coincidental? I don't know. It's nagging at me though. Usually when I finish playing a game or do anything for that matter, I forget about it and move on. Today is different. Today I woke up curious about a chick, and I'm not sure I like the feeling. It's foreign. Foreign because chicks come easy to me. I don't have to put effort into getting what I want which usually doesn't entail a relationship. Because of that, I'm never curious. It's a waste of time.

Rose, on the other hand, makes me feel curious. I tap my hand on my counter waiting for my Keurig to heat up. But I'm beating around the bush with my thoughts and trying to fool myself. Yeah, I'm curious about Rose. How nice. Take her out of the equation and that gives me Luna.

I can't stop thinking about her. There was no way in hell I was gonna let that basketball kid pair up with her. She's mine. The thing is, I don't know what that means. Do I want to bang her or do I...want her? Running my hands through my hair, I let out a sigh. I don't know. There's just something about her. The way her eyes widen when she sees me or when she holds her breath when I get close to her. It's fucking sweet and innocent. I don't know a single chick on campus that's innocent. Maybe I'm being presumptuous in assuming she's innocent, but her reactions to me tell me she is.

Knowing that makes me want to be the first between her legs. The first and the only. Yeah, I was staking my claim on her in that classroom yesterday. Hopefully high tops will tell his team to back off, but I know I won't be so lucky. Luna's gorgeous. She turns heads walking down the damn sidewalk.

Either way, I better make up my mind fast. Someone that gorgeous doesn't stay single for long, and I think I'll lose my shit if some other dickhead thinks he's gonna make a move. I can't do that. I used to be a brawler at my high school and was in trouble more often than not. My only saving grace was my father's donations and my grades. Had I not had those two components, I would have been expelled and not where I am today.

Nowadays, I keep my shit straight. I walk the line with a perfect gpa, I'm making money and have a long-term business plan. The last thing I need is to fuck up. I can't be indebted to my parents. Especially my father. I've worked too hard at changing my shit up despite my image.

Not much I can do about how I look aside from removing all the tattoos, and I'm not about to do that. I heard that shit hurts worse than a mother fucker. No thanks. My profession doesn't need to have clean skin anyway. I'll live with my tats. And, really, I don't regret them. They're a reflection of myself as cliche as that may sound. Plus I'm so used to them, I don't really notice anymore.

Finally, my coffee is brewed. I swear I need a new machine. This thing is running beyond slow. Taking a sip, I wince at the ultra hot brew. Yeah. Definitely need a new one. Maybe I should unplug it. I do so, and head to my couch to catch the news I only watch for the weather and try to wake up. I wonder if Rose is on. Why would she be? It's early in the morning. Screw it.

I log in and look around the game and blink in surprise when I see a private message pop onto my screen.

Rose: Hey u! What r u doing on so early?