Chapter 22

Kiki and I ended up staying home for a few days. She told me to think of it as a mini vacation. It was time well spent. We watched movies, anime, YouTube, ate food, did our makeup and nails. We even went to the mall a few times. She insisted our mini vacation was an all inclusive trip gifted to me by her.

Of course I feel guilty about her spending money on me.  But she put my mind at ease by insisting she needed to have some time away from things herself, and I was just the person she wanted around her.

However, just like all vacations, they come to an end. I hate to sound selfish, but I am absolutely sad about this. We had so much fun together these past few days. All of my problems were put on the shelf, and I felt free. Now, I'm faced with them. Blah. Can I be an ostrich and bury my head in the sand? Nope. I already did that. Breathing in deep, I let out a heavy sigh. Today is my first day back to school.

Luckily, Kiki will be with me for my first class of the day. It'll be my first time seeing Shy since I broke up with him. My plan is to go into the classroom, sit near the front and not even look to where we usually sit. Kiki may need to sit up there because she's still working on her project with Alex, but I don't. I finished mine last night with Kiki's help and plan on handing it in. Mrs. Minty was extremely generous with her timeframe and is giving the class one more week to finish up. But I don't want to be lingering on this project. Perhaps I can use the rest of this week to go to the library to work on my other classes.

I have a biology class that's kicking my butt, so I can use the extra time to work on that. I'm not too sure why I elected to take biology since I totally don't need it, but I did. Like a dummy. Maybe I can find someone to help me.

"Girl, you best look extra cute. You don't wanna look like you're suffering!" Kiki yells from the bathroom.

She's right. I need to look fierce. Well, maybe not fierce. I want to look really pretty.

"Kiki, I want to look really soft and pretty today. Not fierce."

"That's fine. Wear pink."

Yeah. Pink is a good color on me.

"Pink is a good color on you!"

Mhm. I should wear black jeans with my pink fuzzy sweater.

"You should wear your black skinny jeans with your pink fuzzy sweater!"

What the hell? Is she psychic or something? "Yeah...I am," I shiver. So weird.

"Wear your...,"

"Little black flats."

"Yup. Gurrrl, you are psychic!" Kiki yells again.

Umm, no. Pretty sure you are, I muse. I should also wear my hair down, but curl it?

"Lemme curl your hair!"

"Would you get out of my head!" Oh my God. I am officially creeped out!

After I get dressed, I decide on a little more makeup than my gloss and mascara go to. Not full glam, but a little more than the usual. I want to make a statement. I'm in the angry stage now. Are there are even stages after a breakup? I'm not sure. But, I've decided there are. First is the devastation stage, then the hurt stage, the woe is me stage, anger stage and then I'm not sure what's after that. Doesn't matter because I'm definitely in the anger stage now.

Just who the hell does he think he is duping me? Oh, hi. I'm Aela. Imma girl. La, la, la. Err!!!!! I feel like kicking his stupid ass. Better yet, I should punch him in his big ol' donkey dick! I'm so glad I didn't let that torpedo into my body. Oh, I'm mad. Where are my little black shoes? I need those things to look ultra cute!