Chapter 11

There is no fucking way in hell Rose from AnimeSpeak is Luna. No way. I refuse to believe that. I really do. The bright colored game is staring back at me as I sit in disbelief. I know she's waiting for my response, but I have to think. I need to ask her one last question to know the truth. It's not like I can ask her, her name. I don't want her to know it's me. She thinks I'm a chick for fucks sake. Toying with my tongue ring, I got it. I'll ask what class she has with this guy she thinks is harassing her--a/k/a me.

A second goes by before she quickly responds, and I read her vague answer.

"No! Don't dance around the answer! Fuck."

How can she tell me it doesn't matter what class it is? It does matter! It's very important. I need to know! I have to be clever. Hmm. What to say, what to say? Maybe I'll keep it simple and just say I'm merely curious. See where it gets me. I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke, I swear.

Again, her response is quick and it leaves me staring at my screen. No. No fucking way. History. It's gotta be her. How in the hell is the world that damn small? How? I tell her I have to go and bail. I need time to think. To digest. It could still be a coincidence. Millions and millions of students have history class, and millions of students have attractions in history class. This isn't out of the ordinary. I need to relax.

My house is big, but I need some air. I need to meet up with my boys, show them the convo to end the bet and then figure out if Rose is Luna. But what if she is? Then what? What do I do with that information? It's not like I'd ever come clean to her. She's the type that would be pissed, I can tell. There would be no point in telling her. Aela would just have to die. Simple.

I don't think I'm going to tell my friends about this new development either. If I do, it'll be Alex and only him. I don't need anyone else's input. Especially Carter and Tyler's. They love this kinda shit and would never leave me alone about it. That would be worse than Luna finding out I'm catfishing her. Kinda. Actually, I'm not entirely sure I'm catfishing her, but whatever. It doesn't matter because she's never finding out. If it's even her. Pressing the palms of my hands into my eyes, I groan. This is too much drama for me.

-#-

It didn't take much arm twisting for me to get the guys to agree to meet me out at the new club in town. The place is called Liquor. Stupid name. Anyway, I'm not too sure how Carter got the memo to show up because I didn't contact him. I suspect Tyler. Whatever. The only thing I don't want him to do is talk to me too much about the bet. I can talk to the guys later about it contrary to my original plan.

I've had a few drinks, and am feeling much more relaxed than I was earlier. With school, my work and my father breathing down my neck, I need this. Maybe I'll take someone home with me tonight. It's been awhile. Glancing around, I'm surprised to see the place is as packed as it would be if it were the weekend. On the other hand, it's a newer club so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. I roll my eyes at Carter who's already on the dance floor trying to get someone to dance with his stupid ass.

This club is outside of college town so there aren't as many kids here. The women seem to be in their mid to late twenties, early thirties. These chicks are not gonna put up with Carter's crap. I really want to kick his ass. Alex rolls his eyes and pulls me to another table leaving Donovan and Tyler to deal with him. Alex must be able to see my level of irritation rising.

"Dude, that kid has issues," Alex points.

"Yup."

"So what's up with Luna? Did ya meet up yet for that project?"

"Nah, man. Not yet. You?"

"I'm gonna ask Kiki out to dinner tomorrow. She's pretty intimidating."