Chapter 24

A week has gone by since I threatened fuck boy in the library. I've made sure to go to class while Luna has made sure to stay away from me. She's been hanging around fuck boy and Kiki. It's only through Alex that I get my information because Kiki isn't as loyal a best friend as Luna would like her to be. In other words, Kiki is a narc. But, in her defense, it's because she's worried for Luna.

Kiki's been to my house to take measurements of my wall for the painting I've commissioned. I felt it appropriate under the circumstances. I can't wait til it's finished and hanging up so I can stare at it and torture myself.

How the hell am I going to get Luna back? She doesn't want anything to do with me. I get what I did was pretty shitty, but was it really that bad? I mean, it's not like I didn't share information about myself with her on that app. I told her about my father, and she has yet to say a word about it.

What my father did to me when I was younger has shaped who I am today. A big percentage being not good. Luna's dismissal of something that happened to me so significant makes me think that maybe she's too young for me. She's only eighteen and I'm twenty-two. It's not a big age difference, but on some levels she's immature.

Fuck. Why am I trying to come up with excuses to be okay with this breakup? I'm not okay with it. At all. I want Luna back! I pull at the ends of my hair. I'm seriously clueless. Maybe I should go to the party I heard about tonight and forget about life. I've got nothing else going on.

Sending Alex a text, I let him know we should get the boys together and have a guys night. I laugh short. I sound like a little bitch wanting a sleepover. Fuck me. Running my hand through my hair, I toss my phone down onto the couch and head to the bathroom to get ready.

I hate this room. My bathroom is filled with memories of her. Memories from when I sat her on the counter to inside my shower. My bedroom is no different. Maybe I should move so I'm not so tortured. Nah. I'm a masochist when it comes to my memories with Luna. I like the pain. Misery loves company and all that shit.

Quickly, I shower and get ready before heading out. I told Alex I'd pick him up. I don't know why I did that. I'm not planning on staying sober. Then again, I can always crash at the frat house. No big deal.

Alex comes out right away, and we head over to pick up Tyler and Donovan. I don't know what the hell Carter is doing, and I don't much care. If he wants to come to this party, he can find his own way there. I'm doing no favors for a guy who wants my girl and made no secret of it. My group sides with me and have distanced themselves from Carter anyway. The kid never fit in.

It's a little after ten and this party is well established. I need a drink and grab a beer opting to stay away from any shit Donovan mixes or any other drink that's already in an open cup. I don't want to get drugged again. I swear to God I was drugged before. Probably Donovan. I'll stick with beer. Plus, I don't really get hung over by beer like I do hard liquor.

My group doesn't really stick together choosing to go our own way with the exception of Alex who stays by my side. Jesus, even this house brings back memories of Luna. She's fucking everywhere. I can't get away from her. Not that I want to. It's just that it's suffocating. I'm so lost in how to fix this.

"You should just talk with her, man. Call her up and tell her you'd like to talk."

I motion for Alex to follow me into the living room and sit down on a worn couch. He sits opposite me in a chair and pulls on his beer.

"She won't answer the phone if I call her," I scoff.

"You can use my phone. Ooo, no. Use Kiki's. Then she'll answer for sure."