Chapter 8

Monday always comes way too fast. One moment it's Friday night and the next it's Monday morning. It's a cruel reality. I should have tried to be a YouTuber. Of course I don't know what type of videos I would exactly create that would be considered fresh. It seems like nowadays, there isn't anything I haven't already seen. I mean, I think there hasn't. Either way, me being famous is not in my future and I'm just fine with it. Kind of. Me not being famous means many early Monday mornings. Blah. I need coffee.

Kiki was an early riser, we're talking old people level, and already left our place an hour ago. Right now she's probably in the art room creating monstrosities to torture me with. I keep forgetting to ask her who she sold her painting to. I'll have to remember to ask. Before heading to class, I grab a black coffee. I need something strong. I couldn't sleep last night and wasted many hours playing on my phone. My morning beverage was a definite need.

I make it to class ahead of most everyone and slide into my seat. Mrs. Minty, ever in a different shade of green, ignores me. Someday I'll gain up the courage to ask her about her green obsession. She seriously only wears green.

The classroom starts filling in including Kiki who awkwardly takes her seat along side of me. I help her settle her portfolio behind us. Lord help me, I can only guess as to what she's painted on that canvas.

"What is it?" I whisper.

She grins. "You'll see."

That's just it. I don't want to see it.

Mrs. Minty closes the door and starts droning on about King Henry VIII's second wife, Anne Boleyn. She really should have stayed away from the king. Because I know quite a lot about the Tudor dynasty, I feel myself starting to doze with boredom. Kiki kicks me, but I wave her off. Can't she see a girl needs her morning nap? We sit in the back far enough for me to be relatively hidden compliments of the boy who sits in front of me. I think he's a basketball player.

Just as I'm about to resume my zombie like state, a loud knock on the door startles me to full alertness. Much like high school, the classroom doors are locked and so Mrs. Minty is interrupted to open the door. My eyes grow at who I see sauntering in. Satan.

"What's Satan doing here?" I breathe.

Kiki shrugs and waves at him. What the hell is she doing? He smirks at her while handing a piece of paper over to Mrs. Minty. Don't tell me he's in this class now? Yup. He's headed our way. I glance over at Kiki who pushes the chair out for him with her booted foot.

"Wassup!" She whisper chirps.

Wassup? Wassup?! What the frick! Since when are they friends? She better be spilling all the tea after class or so help me God, I'll hold her portfolio hostage. I don't care how ugly her painting is.

"Hey."

Satan leans over Kiki to smirk and wink at me. Wink! I try to mask my large eyes, but judging from the dimple now appearing on his cheek, he definitely sees my surprise. Does he see my blush? I know I'm blushing because my face feels like it's on fire. Of course he can see my blush. Why does he have such an affect on me? Oh, I know why. He's hotter than hell!

"What's in the case?" He whispers at Kiki, his eyes on the large black portfolio.

She whispers, "A masterpiece of course. You'll definitely want this one too."

What. My face is deadpan, I know. Kiki sold her demon hell painting to him?! To him of all people. Of course she sold it to him. He is Satan after all. It's apropos. I can't help the sigh that manages to escape. This can only mean one thing for my best friend. She now has a new client. I wonder how this will affect me because it will. I just know it.