Eleven

PIP SAT and watched as the Doctor and River were busy with the controls.

"Doctor, how come she can fly the TARDIS?" Amy asked him, River sending a grin her way, making Pip chuckle quietly.

"You call that flying the TARDIS? Ha!" He laughed smugly.

River decided to ignore him for the time being.

"Okay, I've mapped the probability vectors, done a fold-back on the temporal isometry, chartered the ship to its destination, and parked us right along side" she recited the steps she had taken, making the Doctor frown in confusion. They hadn't even landed yet.

"Parked us? We haven't landed" he frowned at River, making her smile.

"Of course we've landed. I just landed her" she smiled smugly at him, confusing him further.

"But it didn't make the noise" he looked around at Pip and Amy for confirmation, the two girls nodding In agreement.

"What noise?" River looked at them all, confused, her gaze only softened when she looked at Pip.

"You know, the-" the Doctor tried to imitate the TARDIS wheezing sound, making Pip burst out laughing at him.

"Yeah, alright mate, because that's what it sounds like" she rolled her eyes sarcastically at him, the Doctor pouting at her.

"It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on" she scolded him, making Pip and Amy chuckle.

"Yeah, Well it's a brilliant noise" he stood his ground, making Pip roll her eyes.

The TARDIS doors opened, the Doctor, Pip and Amy were about to leave when River stood in front of them.

"No, wait. Environment checks" she told them.

"Oh, yes. Sorry. Environment checks" he confirmed, pouting because he never did that, and never will.

"We're somewhere in the Garn Belt. There's an atmosphere. Early indications suggest that-" River started, only to be cut off by the Doctor.

"We're on Alfava Metraxis, the seventh planet of the Dundra System. Oxygen rich atmosphere, all toxins in the soft band, eleven hour day and chances of rain later" the Doctor finished, clearly trying to impress someone.

"Very clever, I'm so impressed" Pip slowly clapped her hands, rolling her eyes at him, earning a grin from River, and a playful glare from the Doctor.

"He thinks he's so hot when he does that" she looked towards the two girls, both nodding in agreement.

"Doesn't he just" Pip replied, Amy nudging her softly. Pip could tell that Amy had a thing for this madman. She couldn't let her cheat on her fiance. She's got a good man, she can't let her destroy her relationship like this. She'd always been the one to pick up the pieces when they fought, always had to push her own emotions aside for their sake. It was really starting take a toll on her, not that she would let anyone know or see that.

"How come you can fly the TARDIS?" Amy asked, clearly interested in this woman. Pip decided to tune out temporarily beforehand, only tuning back in when she said this.

"Oh, I had lessons from the very best" River grinned, the Doctor grinning.

"Well, yeah" the Doctor smirked.

'His ego is soaring upwards right now' Pip thought to herself.

"It's a shame you were busy that day" River told him, Pip laughing at his expression. River turned to look at her, and grinned. Perhaps she would warm up to her again?

"Right then. Why did they land here?" River asked.

"They didn't land" the Doctor informed her.

"Sorry?"

"You should've checked the Home Box. It crashed" he simply told her, before River walked out of the TARDIS.

"Explain who that is and how she did that museum thing" Amy demanded, wanting to know exactly who this woman was. Pip knew everything she needed to know about her, or so she thought anyways.

"It's a long story and I don't know most of it. Off we go" the Doctor replied vaguely, avoiding the question.

"What are you doing?" Amy asked, wondering why he wasn't following River.

"Leaving. She's got where she wants to go, let's go where we want to go" he responded, Pip glaring at him.

"And what if this is where we want to go?" She retorted, standing both her's and Amy's ground.

"What?" His eyebrows raised in confusion.

"You're basically running away" she told him, her glare making him feel guilty, as well as uncomfortable.

"Yes" he responded, looking elsewhere.

"Why" both girls asked.

"Because she's the future"

Pip rolled her eyes, before turning around.

"Well, I'm going, whether you like it or not" she started walking towards the doors. The Doctor clicked his fingers, the doors shutting in front of her.

Pip wasn't stupid. She clicked her fingers, the doors opening again, before  leaving the TARDIS. The Doctor stared after her, in pure shock and surprise.

His mind was at war once again. Should he follow after her, or leave her to it?

Of course, he had made his mind up, and was running after her within seconds, Pip knowing he was going to follow her sooner or later.

She had the Doctor wrapped around her fingers, but right now, she couldn't care less.